g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov-15-2016, 5:48 AM

UK

Icon34 Hard Rock Hell - Living Colour & more reviewed

Although the main reason for attending was because Glenn was going to be there, we still went along as first timers to this mini indoor festival.

I have to say that Living Colour were really poor. I'm not saying that cos i'm bitter over what happened with Glenn. Although still a great singer, they didn't seem that interested, the guitar was way too widdly shredding, Type was played as a speed metal version and ruined. Only Cult of Personality was any good. And they started 15 minutes late but finished on their allotted time, so 45 minutes rather than an hour.

Highlights of the weekend were Bernie Marsden, guitarist of the weekend by a mile and with Neil Murray as his bass player too Graham Bonnet, The Treatment, Broken Witt Rebels and Aussie band Cherry Grind.

Bonnet gave us a best of Rainbow, MSG and Alcatrazz set which obviously went down a storm.

The Treatment are a great up and coming band worth going to see but for me the big discovery were Broken Witt Rebels.

BWR's singer has such a brilliant voice, the band can all play and they've some great songs too. They are playing at Planet RockStock next month and have landed the support slots for both King King and Joanne Shaw Taylor in early 2017 so should start picking up a decent following. I bought all three EP's and Georgia Pine is the one I recommend the most. Check them out... www.brokenwittrebels.com

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to wolfysmith For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-17-2016, 4:02 AM

UK

I too went to HRH purely for Glenn and Living Colour... as Wolfy states LC were a huge disappointment and perhaps a good job Glenn didn't play the tour with them.

Highlight was Bernie Marsden who showed all young 6 string gun slingers how to play... and Praying Mantis from Thursday night.

Great to meet Mr Smith after all these years... we last met in North Berwick in 2008!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to chris spencer For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-18-2016, 1:27 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,216 Times in 691 Posts
Originally Posted by chris spencer View Post
Highlight was Bernie Marsden who showed all young 6 string gun slingers how to play... and Praying Mantis from Thursday night.

You can't go wrong with this guy. Bernie is superb, both as a musician and a human being. Unfortunately he hasn't played in my neck of woods for quite some time.

Here he is, with Lulu (!) at "An Evening for Jack (Bruce)" in London this October.
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
CvtUBdDWcAAG3tb.jpg  

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
2008, 2017, bass, glenn, guitar, rock, tour