g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-12-2016, 11:15 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Icon33 Rescheduled 2016 USA Tour Dates...

Glenn is rescheduling his recently announced US headline tour. The tour that was originally set to begin on March 2nd in San Jose, CA is now set to begin on August 9th in Annapolis, MD. He recently underwent dual knee replacement last month and delays in the recovery from those operations are the reason for the reschedule of the tour.

Quote:
I am sorry to say that some recent setbacks in my recovery from knee operations are the reason that I can't get out to see everyone as soon as I had hoped. I want to make sure I give my fans the best live experience possible and promise it will be worth the wait. I can't wait to see everyone at the shows.

The “Voice of Rock” will be performing a collection of music from his extensive career, including selections from Trapeze, Deep Purple, Hughes/Thrall, and Black Country Communion as well as his solo material. Backing Hughes on this incredible tour will be guitarist Søren Andersen and drummer Pontus Engborg. The tour will be making stops in cities such as New York, NY; Detroit, MI; and two shows in Chicago, IL before wrapping up at the legendary Whisky in Los Angeles, CA on September 3rd. More tour dates to be announced in the future. British blues songstress, Joanne Shaw Taylor, has been tapped to open the shows. Tickets are currently available and links to the rescheduled dates can be found on www.glennhughes.com. All tickets remain valid for the rescheduled dates and fans can reach out to their local promoters and venues with questions about the new dates. For questions regarding VIP Upgrade packages, please contact On The List Presents at vip@otlpresents.com.

AUGUST 2016

9th - Ram's Head On Stage - Annapolis, MD, USA
10th - BB King's - New York City, NY, USA
12th - The Blue Ocean - Salisbury Beach, MA, USA
13th - Bull Run - Shirley, MA, USA
15th - Ironworks - Buffalo, NY, USA
16th - Lost Horizon - Syracuse, NY, USA
18th - Sellersville Theater - Sellersville, PA, USA
19th - Rascals - Albany, NY, USA
21st - Token Lounge - Detroit, MI, USA
22nd - Music Factory - Battle Creek, MI, USA
24th - Appalshop Theatre - Whitesburg, KY, USA
25th - Reggie's - Chicago, IL, USA
27th - Reggie's - Chicago, IL, USA
30th - The Ritz - San Jose, CA, USA
31st - Brick By Brick - San Diego, CA, USA

SEPTEMBER 2016

2nd - Count's Vamp'd - Las Vegas, NV, USA
3rd - The Whisky - Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-12-2016, 12:11 PM

UK

How frustrating for the fans, BUT more so for Glenn, who has got to put up with the pain & frustration!
Hope you're back on the road asap

Ben's Sig:

Cheers,
Ben !!
Old Feb-12-2016, 3:58 PM

USA

Wow! Now we know how a gambler on a bad streak feels. We rolled the dice and lost out big time. Bought plane tickets to fly out to California from Houston Texas and VIP packages for this show. Never travelled so far for a show before, but, we really wanted to see this one. Sure hope Glenn adds some Texas dates as we scraped up the funds for this trip and can't afford to roll the dice again. This one stings.

Get well Glenn... we love you!
Old Feb-12-2016, 5:58 PM

USA

I was 'putting off' a trip to California to see my mother until after Glenn's show at the Ramshead on March 8th... guess I can go ahead now and make that trip earlier than planned...
Old Feb-13-2016, 7:00 AM

USA

After getting the bad news of the cancelled show, we contacted the airlines to try to get a refund for our flight from Houston. They laughed and said no. Rather than throw away $1000.00 in airfares, we have decided to use our plane tickets. This is our first trip to San Francisco and now have no plans. Does anyone live in or familiar with the San Francisco area? We are looking for something to do. Restaurants? Places to hike? Cool sight seeing, etc.?
Old Feb-13-2016, 9:09 AM

Germany

Thanked 1,216 Times in 691 Posts
Phew, this is really bad news for all the American fans who have waited so long to see Glenn again. But health comes first, of course, and if Glenn needs more time for rehab and healing, then it can't be helped.

As much as I like Søren Andersen, it is sad to see Doug Aldrich leave. He and Glenn were dynamite onstage!

If you can't wait till August, here is a unofficial source where you can order a DVD of the gig in Hamburg last year:

www.stellarproducts.info/product_p/9331.htm

Chuck, just don't tell your mom that you rescheduled the trip to see her. Moms don't like to be 'put off'

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-13-2016, 9:20 AM

USA

Icon32

Luckily my procrastination paid off. I still had not booked a hotel for the Chicago gig.

With the second show added on a Saturday, I'll be able to see both. As long as I can reschedule vacation through work.

Chip's Sig:Chip
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-13-2016, 9:38 AM

USA

Originally Posted by jamalamb View Post
After getting the bad news of the cancelled show, we contacted the airlines to try to get a refund for our flight from Houston. They laughed and said no. Rather than throw away $1000.00 in airfares, we have decided to use our plane tickets. This is our first trip to San Francisco and now have no plans. Does anyone live in or familiar with the San Francisco area? We are looking for something to do. Restaurants? Places to hike? Cool sight seeing, etc.?

...make sure to get up to Marin County over the Golden Gate bridge and up Conzelman rd to Battery Spence lookout and beyond. also check out the Point Reyes area and John Muir trail while you are up there before getting back to Ghiardelli square for desert. lots of clubs for live music.

Ken's Sig:so light a candle in the window.......
i will be coming home tonite
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Ken For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-13-2016, 2:34 PM

USA

Doug out yes. Good for us at Yamaha though as Soren is one of our artists . From DOUG yesterday on FB:

Quote:
Hi guys, I guess by now a lot of people have read todays press statement from my brother Glenn Hughes about the March dates being rescheduled due to his knee replacement recovery.

First I want to wish Glenn GodSpeed to full-power as we all want him 100% in dance mode when he returns. I know Glenn is pretty bummed and we all need to support him now.

Unfortunately, the rescheduled dates mean I won’t be able to do the US with Glenn as planned. We had both agreed that after March Glenn would return to his previous solo band with my full blessing.

I think with Glenn deservedly getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, it’s actually perfect that the focus of Glenn’s live shows should be on Glenn, without my name on the bill.

Thank you very much to all of Glenn's fans that graciously supported me during the last 7 months. It was a f@cking blast to go onstage as the trio I liked to call HughesForceOne. Playing with Glenn and Pontus was some of the funnest moments I’ve ever had on stage. My only regret is that the US fans wont get to see how fierce it was with the chemistry of the three of us. Playing live we would stay within the structure of the song but we had some stellar jams! It was a nice chemistry.

I’m sorry to all my friends that made arrangements to come see me with Glenn. I know some of you went to great lengths to come see the show and I would like to ask you to go in August to support Glenn. His talent is from another planet!! Go see him if you can, you wont regret it.

So, at the moment I'm held up in Nashville working with The Dead Daisies on their 3rd record and we are doing great work here. Marti Frederiksen is producing. Its gonna be something pretty mind-blowing I promise.

At the end of the Feb Ill be in LA finally finishing my Burning Rain Band writing sessions, and will most likely recording in March since I'll be home. There is a possibility that maybe I can do a few shows at some of the west coast clubs that I was going to be at with Glenn but we are still checking on that. Brian Tichy Official and I talked about putting a trio together and throwing down as a tribute to Glenn.

In late March or early April , I’m looking forward to returning to the Raiding The Rock Vault show at The Tropicana in Las Vegas. We are finalizing those dates now and I can’t wait!

The Dead Daisies will be the feature band at Musikmesse in Frankfurt Germany this April 7-10 so if you are in Europe come out as it will be my first shows with them.

Looking forward to seeing you all down the road sooner or later.

The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to JohnH For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-13-2016, 3:34 PM

USA

Icon32

I was wondering how Glenn was going to be able to get back out on the road in March. I work with a guy that had the same surgery and he was out for six months. Hopefully Glenn will be fully healed and ready to test out the new knees this summer

The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-13-2016, 8:20 PM

USA

Just get well glenn- now I got more time to get the vip money together
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to tony g For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-14-2016, 7:09 AM

USA

Icon32

Originally Posted by tony g View Post
Just get well glenn- now I got more time to get the vip money together

I agree Tony. I wanted to do and see a few things while in Chicago.

Old Feb-14-2016, 9:27 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Doug out yes. Good for us at Yamaha though as Soren is one of our artists . From DOUG yesterday on FB:

Such a lovely post, thanks for pointing it out to us. Doug is simply a nice person, inside out. What a difference to Bonamassa/Bonham, if I may say this here.

Guys, the VIP ticket was the icing on the cake of the last tour, so keep on saving!

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-15-2016, 8:10 AM

Canada

Does anyone know if there will be more US dates added? I can't make the rescheduled vegas date due to other commitments and need to figure out my other options travelling from Western Canada. Chicago looks best so far... Thanks!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Pat For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-15-2016, 9:31 AM

USA

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
Chuck, just don't tell your mom that you rescheduled the trip to see her. Moms don't like to be 'put off'

Good point Yvonne! Thanks for the tip!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to chutsler For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-15-2016, 9:34 AM

USA

Originally Posted by jamalamb View Post
Does anyone live in or familiar with the San Francisco area? We are looking for something to do. Restaurants? Places to hike? Cool sight seeing, etc.?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but the Amoeba Records store (I hear) is worth checking out...
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to chutsler For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-15-2016, 3:10 PM

Canada

Also had tickets for the Portland gig + M&G. A bit disapointed but we can all make it for the Salisbury show in August and frankly it'll give us a chance to chill on the beach... Looking at Ticketmaster, there seem to be a presale starting on Wednesday, anybody knows anything about this ?
Old Feb-15-2016, 4:21 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by Mightyduck View Post
Also had tickets for the Portland gig + M&G. A bit disapointed but we can all make it for the Salisbury show in August and frankly it'll give us a chance to chill on the beach... Looking at Ticketmaster, there seem to be a presale starting on Wednesday, anybody knows anything about this ?

...presale begin 10:00AM Feb. 17. Then general sale begins Feb 19 via:

www.ticketmaster.com/glenn-hughes-salisbury-massachusetts-08-12-2016/event/0100504D21999447
Old Feb-15-2016, 7:40 PM

USA

David do you know anything about a march 24 date at city winery in chicago that the bands in town app is advertising?
Old Feb-15-2016, 8:18 PM

zUKUSA

David do you know anything about a march 24 date at city winery in chicago that the bands in town app is advertising?

...isn't happening, despite what it says on the tin but you get 2 shows now in Chicago during August
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-16-2016, 5:44 AM

UK

Having already seen Glenn in LA and New York I'm seeing if I can get to the 2 shows in Chicago as it's a great city which I spent in week touring round in 2014 and wouldn't mind visiting again.

I feel bad for you guys who've already shelled out for non-refundable costs. I remember when Natalie & Jerome travelled from France to the USA to see Glenn play with Chad Smith - the gig was cancelled the day they flew out!

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to wolfysmith For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-16-2016, 7:11 PM

USA

Carefull

Chip wolfysmith or anyone else that plans to come to chicago - be careful where u go when u get here - hope to see and finally meet u all
Old Feb-21-2016, 7:19 AM

UK

looks like some returns are coming back in for Reggies show on the thursday as on sale for general admission and front chair seats.

I now have a ticket for both shows so Chip and I will see you there!

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to wolfysmith For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-06-2016, 3:00 PM

USA

Originally Posted by chutsler View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but the Amoeba Records store (I hear) is worth checking out...

If it's in any way like the one in Hollywood, I wouldn't miss the chance to visit it. I drove by Amoeba SF back in the late '90s. If I had been driving, we would have stopped.

Old Mar-06-2016, 3:03 PM

USA

Icon32

Chip wolfysmith or anyone else that plans to come to chicago - be careful where u go when u get here - hope to see and finally meet u all

Thanks for the warning It will be my first time in Chicago, despite living just a few hours away.

We'll have to meet up.

Old Mar-07-2016, 4:33 AM

USA

Sounds good chip
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to tony g For This Useful Post:
Old May-19-2016, 12:36 PM

zUKUSA

Due to an issue with the venue, the August 19th show in Jeanette, PA will not happen. The show will now take place at Rascals in Albany, NY on that day. Refunds for original show, available at point of purchase.

2 additional shows have now been added in California in August; 30th at The Ritz in San Jose and 31st at Brick By Brick in San Diego.

AUGUST 2016

SEPTEMBER 2016

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Jul-09-2016, 8:58 AM

zUKUSA

The countdown begins 1 Month to go for the first installment of USA shows

...with more to follow next Spring

AUGUST 2016

SEPTEMBER 2016

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Jul-09-2016, 7:29 PM

USA

I'll be at the first show... Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis, Maryland... the last time I saw Glenn in Annapolis was in May 1973 with TRAPEZE!! I'll be wearing my Trapeze tee and yelling for Trapeze tunes!!
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to chutsler For This Useful Post:
Old Jul-10-2016, 1:29 PM

Germany

Originally Posted by chutsler View Post
the last time I saw Glenn in Annapolis was in May 1973 with TRAPEZE!! I'll be wearing my Trapeze tee and yelling for Trapeze tunes!!

Wow! A tee from 1973 and you still fit into it, Chuck? Maybe it's become so tight that you're going to yell anyway, regardless of the setlist...

P.S. I've just read your comment about the event in 1973, made me chuckle a lot!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
1972, 1973, 1999, 1st, 2014, 2016, 25th, backing, bands, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, music, Pontus Engborg, press, Rescheduled, rock, solo, Soren Andersen, tour, USA