g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May-23-2011, 9:14 PM

USA

Icon33 John Fogerty: Superb!

If I don't have a gig, Sunday I'm usually in Dana Point, Ca for coffee. Each year the Doheny Blues Festival takes place on the beach near Dana Point Harbor (where I get coffee with me mum). I couldn't make the concert, but we just happened to be down there. Seeing a bunch of people on the beach, we decided to catch what we could of Fogerty's set and ended up seeing almost the whole thing. The guy is amazing!!! Talk about singers that still have it!!!!! From Born on the Bayou to Risin Wind, to Proud Mary and Bad Moon, I didn't hear one song tuned down or one note ducked or de octavized. The man turns 66 in 5 days and still has it! The mix was perfect and drummer Kenny Aronoff (one of my favorite musicians and a cool guy as well) was sensational. Although I didn't know who it was, I figured it was Fogerty's son who joined him onstage and got to solo on some of the songs on guitar. (Because Fogerty never lets his guys take a solo). That was cool too. I figured out today it was his son Shane. What a show!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
guitar, solo