g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Media Centre Interviews & the Press; pictures, video & soundbytes.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug-04-2010, 9:07 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Icon49 NEW Glenn Hughes talks Black Country Communion

A couple of new Black Country Communion interviews with Glenn have recently been made available...

Quote:
“I’ll put this album toe to toe with a Who album or Zeppelin album though that might come across as being arrogant but dammit I’ve sold a lot of records man, I’ve been around for a lot of years and I said to Joe, I said man, you could be my son but I said “Joe, there are a few sure things in life and this is one of them.”

espyrock.com/interview-glenn-hughes-black-country-communion

Quote:
"I have so much music inside me, and as long as I'm compelled to make music I shall do so..the voice is in great shape, and physically I can still pull it off..I think I'll know when the time has come, but right now, how I feel and write, that day is a long way off..the energy from BCC has really invigorated me. There's plenty left in the tank."

led-zeppelin.org/news/index.php?m=2010news#080410a

Quote:
"The future because the past has gone for me. I'm not one to relive it, not one for nostalgialise. I am one of the artists in rock that pushes the boat out every year. A bit of a chameleon and I like to challenge myself and I've gone back to my roots. I've gone back to the voice of rock kind of thing."

uberrock.co.uk/interviews/59-august-interviews/1174-ten-minutes-with-tazz-at-high-voltage-festival.html
(scroll half-way down page - also includes some words on BCC from Joe Bonamassa)
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-05-2010, 2:38 AM

Germany

Thanked 1,213 Times in 689 Posts
Indeed, Glenn has a lot of music inside - and he's just turning it outside He is hotter than ever, voice in great shape.
Hope you're touring the Continent next year, Glenn, don't forget your fans here !
Old Aug-05-2010, 1:07 PM

USA

David, so it sounds like you've heard the album from reading one of those interviews. Any first impressions for us very patient fans??
Old Aug-05-2010, 4:42 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
David, so it sounds like you've heard the album from reading one of those interviews. Any first impressions for us very patient fans??

Yes, I have now.

Recently Shirean and I had the chance to hear the new album... although certainly not a thorough review... my first thoughts can be found here
Old Aug-09-2010, 2:48 PM

Netherlands

It looks that Glenn is very happy with Black Country Communion. He sees his future for a great part with this band, because he is already writing for a next album.
But what about the solo career of Joe Bonamassa. This carreer has become pretty big, the last years. Will he give his career up for BCC. Will he give his time and energy to BCC? Let's hope it and that the band will excist for years on
Old Aug-09-2010, 5:28 PM

USA

BCC

Yeah, i've been wondering about that too
Old Aug-10-2010, 2:11 AM

Germany

Hi Willem, hi Ad,
found this on planetrock today:

Quote:
PROGRAMMING CHANGES

6th August 2010

We have a schedule change which will see the two Joes shift their time slots.

JOE ELLIOTT moves to 7pm on Saturday for a one hour show, while JOE BONAMASSA moves to a monthly show instead of weekly.

The reason for the time shift is that Joe Bonamassa is currently in one of the busiest periods of his entire career and, with his solo tour running for pretty much the rest of the year and then a possible Black Country Communion tour in 2011 he simply hasn't got the time to put together a weekly show.

Fear not, though. Joe B will be back once a month (should be the last Saturday of each month) for now until his schedule clears a little.

Guess that answers a few questions.
Dag guys !
Old Nov-03-2010, 3:05 PM

Germany

Icon49 "My job is to keep this band..."

Another good interview with Glenn on Scottish website EspyRock early August:

espyrock.com/interviews/interview-glenn-hughes-black-country-communion

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Share Thread

Tags
2010, 2011, album, BCC, Black Country Communion, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, joe bonamassa, solo, tour