g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum


Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Reply

 
Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old Dec-09-2009, 10:03 AM
purplemusic purplemusic is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Jun 2007
From: Chas., S.C.
Posts: 791
Thanks: 28
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ginger View Post
I read on a blog today that Kiss are charging 950 just for people to come to a meet-and-greet! Kinda puts things in perspective doncha think?

I don't have any plans to meet-and-greet Kiss either. One thing seems clear w/ our current economy, people who really have a lot of money do not seem to understand how the majority-or at least very many- people have had to change their whole lifestlye right now and charging that much for a book or a meet-and-greet is just not "fan friendly". I'm not trying to judge what someone else does, but I do have a right to judge how I feel and think about it. I think that Glenn knows very well that the people who follow him on here have a great amount of love and respect for him and his music. I also think that we would be doing him a disservice to just play the role of a "yes-man" and say that everything is always fluffy and bubbly w/ pretty bows wrapped around it.
peace,
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Dec-09-2009, 10:16 AM
pjoslo's Avatar
pjoslo pjoslo is offline
 
Norway

Member Since: Aug 2001
From: Norway
Posts: 78
Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
not sure if this little snippet should be posted in the Glenn in the studio thread or here (from Joel Mciver's blog): "Glenn Hughes' autobiography -- which I've been co-writing since 2006 -- will be out at about the same time, with a major surprise for Glenn's fans accompanying it."
So what is the major surprise?!?
(and no, i don't think he was referring to the price!!!)
Is it the exclusive 10" vinyl?
Could it be the launch of the "supergroup"?

Any ideas?

PJ
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Dec-09-2009, 10:47 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Originally Posted by pjoslo View Post
So what is the major surprise?!?

Any ideas?

Wouldn't be a surprise then, would it
Reply With Quote
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  #64  
Old Dec-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Crystal Karma's Avatar
Crystal Karma Crystal Karma is offline
 
France

Member Since: May 2008
From: Cagnes sur Mer
Posts: 174
Thanks: 79
Thanked 66 Times in 28 Posts
Such a good ideas to do something incredible & not just a book as everyone ...

Thank you big daddy

I know it's quite a lot of money, but this is more than just a book, it's something done by craftsmen, It's a piece of art.

Crystal Karma's Sig:LOVE U ALL from France

http://ghfrance.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Dec-10-2009, 3:58 PM
ginger's Avatar
ginger ginger is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Dec 2009
From: London
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was just looking at the publisher's website and Glenn has a new video on Foruli's website where he talks about the book. It is at www.foruli.co.uk
Reply With Quote
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to ginger For This Useful Post:
  #66  
Old Dec-10-2009, 4:09 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Glenn Hughes' short video where he talks about publishing his book with Foruli...

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  #67  
Old Dec-11-2009, 8:48 AM
toadsterama's Avatar
toadsterama toadsterama is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Jan 2001
From: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,199
Thanks: 19
Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts
Icon33

Crystal Karma, you're right about the craftsmanship that will be going into the book. In effect, it will be a work of art. It's just that the majority of us here can't afford to be art collectors. So it's taken the wind out of our sails.

I'm sure Glenn would love to play gigs next year and have a number of people approaching him afterward with feedback about the book, and a copy of his book to sign. I'm sure Glenn would enjoy doing book signings at a place like Hatchard's in London, or Amoeba in LA. But with the edition being offered, that won't happen.

So again, here's hoping that a mass market edition is also being planned - whether via a major publishing house, an independent publisher, publish-on-demand, a Pink Cloud edition or what have you. And David, please don't think I'm asking you to comment again about a future edition - I know if and when there's news to announce, you'll get it out to us

Cheers...Todd
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Dec-11-2009, 6:13 PM
tony g's Avatar
tony g tony g is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Jul 2004
From: Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Posts: 1,014
Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 72 Times in 44 Posts
chris loeb

if i remember right doesnt christian work with books? if he does im sure he would be able to shed more light on this subject- im waitng for his responce -chris help again!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Dec-14-2009, 3:03 PM
chrisloeb's Avatar
chrisloeb chrisloeb is offline
 
Austria

Member Since: Sep 2002
From: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,258
Thanks: 268
Thanked 137 Times in 83 Posts
Yes I do, Tony

Yet with only the FORULI Edition(s) being confirmed, all I could add is speculation.

You really have to take these FORULI Editions exactly as what they are. They are collectors pieces. Every single copy. Nothing that you buy in the shops. Like Jerome said, pieces of art.
Most buyers are not even reading them! I'm not joking here. A good part of them might even turn up on eBay and at auctions again soon after the Limited Edition has sold out.

Even big UK publishers like Penguin have produced comparable Limited hand-bound Editions in the past (e.g. The Penguin Designer Classics series - I once even owned one of these - beautiful), a little cheaper though than Foruli's since Penguin are really really big (and Foruli ain't) and they own the copyright of a comprehensive back catalogue from which they can choose almost at random.

Glenn and his co-writer are probably only licensing to Foruli for this Limited Edition, and might already be shopping the book at large Publishing Houses such as Random House - one of Random House's many imprints would be my first joice as the publisher of a mass market edition of this book.

But as I said - at this point, this is all just speculation.

Rest assured, I've been watching and waiting for any news bits on this from publishers and distributors worldwide too

Cheers,
Christian

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to chrisloeb For This Useful Post:
  #70  
Old Dec-18-2009, 6:58 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Icon34 Book Discount

The Regular limited edition of Glenn Hughes’s book is now up on amazon.co.uk at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261130896&sr=1-3

It is also now up at amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261132391&sr=1-1

The price is incorrect on amazon.co.uk – it is currently 300, not 350 (although it will be rising to that price on publication). In the spirit of Christmas, the publishers are offering a special discount on pre-orders for members of the Glenn Hughes Fan Forum.

Anyone who orders a copy of the Regular Limited Edition directly from the publisher by emailing sales@foruli.co.uk and quotes the code ‘Stormbringer’ will qualify for a discount and they will supply the book to them for 270 including worldwide shipping ie: a saving of 80 off the price it will be on publication.

There is a distinct possibility that they will include a special secret something in the set purely for people who order using this offer. There is no point in anybody asking them what it is though, as it would not be a secret then! This offer will expire at midnight GMT on Monday, January 18th, 2010. Books will be shipped in Summer 2010.

The publishers have not made this offer elsewhere - this is an exclusive offer ONLY for Glenn Hughes Fan Forum members,
so take advantage of it before it's too late!

The Regular Limited Edition will be hand bound in synthetic snakeskin, to match a pair of boots Glenn used to own (you can see them in the image displayed below). It will be presented in a handmade slipcase, which will also contain a 10” record pressed on top quality black 180 gsm vinyl. The record will be a six track EP of all new tracks specifically recorded for this release. One of the tracks will be a previously unreleased song by Glenn Hughes, and will be exclusive to this EP. And when they say exclusive, they mean it! This recording will not be released elsewhere for at least 20 years!! The only way to obtain it will be on the 400 black vinyl records included with the Regular Limited Edition or the 100 white vinyl records included with the Special Limited Edition.

The publishers' know there has been some speculation, so they would like to make it clear that if there is a mass market edition of the book there will be no CD with it. The ONLY way to get hold of this EP will be with the limited edition books.

Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Dec-18-2009, 9:17 AM
marieodonnelly's Avatar
marieodonnelly marieodonnelly is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Sep 2008
From: Sheffield
Posts: 449
Thanks: 87
Thanked 89 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by David View Post
The Regular limited edition of Glenn Hughes’s book is now up on amazon.co.uk at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261130896&sr=1-3

It is also now up at amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261132391&sr=1-1

The price is incorrect on amazon.co.uk – it is currently 300, not 350 (although it will be rising to that price on publication). In the spirit of Christmas, the publishers are offering a special discount on pre-orders for members of the Glenn Hughes Fan Forum.

Anyone who orders a copy of the Regular Limited Edition directly from the publisher by emailing sales@foruli.co.uk and quotes the code ‘Stormbringer’ will qualify for a discount and they will supply the book to them for 270 including worldwide shipping ie: a saving of 80 off the price it will be on publication.

There is a distinct possibility that they will include a special secret something in the set purely for people who order using this offer. There is no point in anybody asking them what it is though, as it would not be a secret then! This offer will expire at midnight GMT on Monday, January 18th, 2010. Books will be shipped in Summer 2010.

The publishers have not made this offer elsewhere - this is an exclusive offer ONLY for Glenn Hughes Fan Forum members,
so take advantage of it before it's too late!

The Regular Limited Edition will be hand bound in synthetic snakeskin, to match a pair of boots Glenn used to own (you can see them in the image displayed below). It will be presented in a handmade slipcase, which will also contain a 10” record pressed on top quality black 180 gsm vinyl. The record will be a six track EP of all new tracks specifically recorded for this release. One of the tracks will be a previously unreleased song by Glenn Hughes, and will be exclusive to this EP. And when they say exclusive, they mean it! This recording will not be released elsewhere for at least 20 years!! The only way to obtain it will be on the 400 black vinyl records included with the Regular Limited Edition or the 100 white vinyl records included with the Special Limited Edition.

The publishers' know there has been some speculation, so they would like to make it clear that if there is a mass market edition of the book there will be no CD with it. The ONLY way to get hold of this EP will be with the limited edition books.


Martin - have you sorted out my Christmas present yet?

marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Dec-18-2009, 5:39 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip Chip is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,589
Thanks: 401
Thanked 233 Times in 145 Posts
Icon32

At least using synthetic snakeskin, you keep PETA off your ass

Chip's Sig:Chip
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Dec-19-2009, 12:58 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Just a reminder (since there's a deadline involved) and for those that missed this Glenn Hughes Fan Forum exclusive offer earlier...

Originally Posted by David View Post
The Regular limited edition of Glenn Hughes’s book is now up on amazon.co.uk at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261130896&sr=1-3

It is also now up at amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261132391&sr=1-1

The price is incorrect on amazon.co.uk – it is currently 300, not 350 (although it will be rising to that price on publication). In the spirit of Christmas, the publishers are offering a special discount on pre-orders for members of the Glenn Hughes Fan Forum.

Anyone who orders a copy of the Regular Limited Edition directly from the publisher by emailing sales@foruli.co.uk and quotes the code ‘Stormbringer’ will qualify for a discount and they will supply the book to them for 270 including worldwide shipping ie: a saving of 80 off the price it will be on publication.

There is a distinct possibility that they will include a special secret something in the set purely for people who order using this offer. There is no point in anybody asking them what it is though, as it would not be a secret then! This offer will expire at midnight GMT on Monday, January 18th, 2010. Books will be shipped in Summer 2010.

The publishers have not made this offer elsewhere - this is an exclusive offer ONLY for Glenn Hughes Fan Forum members,
so take advantage of it before it's too late!

The Regular Limited Edition will be hand bound in synthetic snakeskin, to match a pair of boots Glenn used to own (you can see them in the image displayed below). It will be presented in a handmade slipcase, which will also contain a 10” record pressed on top quality black 180 gsm vinyl. The record will be a six track EP of all new tracks specifically recorded for this release. One of the tracks will be a previously unreleased song by Glenn Hughes, and will be exclusive to this EP. And when they say exclusive, they mean it! This recording will not be released elsewhere for at least 20 years!! The only way to obtain it will be on the 400 black vinyl records included with the Regular Limited Edition or the 100 white vinyl records included with the Special Limited Edition.

The publishers' know there has been some speculation, so they would like to make it clear that if there is a mass market edition of the book there will be no CD with it. The ONLY way to get hold of this EP will be with the limited edition books.


Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Dec-29-2009, 6:29 AM
marieodonnelly's Avatar
marieodonnelly marieodonnelly is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Sep 2008
From: Sheffield
Posts: 449
Thanks: 87
Thanked 89 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by David View Post
Just a reminder (since there's a deadline involved) and for those that missed this Glenn Hughes Fan Forum exclusive offer earlier...

The Regular limited edition of Glenn Hughes’s book is now up on amazon.co.uk at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261130896&sr=1-3

It is also now up at amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Near-Death-Rebirth-Rock/dp/1905792050/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261132391&sr=1-1

The price is incorrect on amazon.co.uk – it is currently 300, not 350 (although it will be rising to that price on publication). In the spirit of Christmas, the publishers are offering a special discount on pre-orders for members of the Glenn Hughes Fan Forum.

Anyone who orders a copy of the Regular Limited Edition directly from the publisher by emailing sales@foruli.co.uk and quotes the code ‘Stormbringer’ will qualify for a discount and they will supply the book to them for 270 including worldwide shipping ie: a saving of 80 off the price it will be on publication.

There is a distinct possibility that they will include a special secret something in the set purely for people who order using this offer. There is no point in anybody asking them what it is though, as it would not be a secret then! This offer will expire at midnight GMT on Monday, January 18th, 2010. Books will be shipped in Summer 2010.


The publishers have not made this offer elsewhere - this is an exclusive offer ONLY for Glenn Hughes Fan Forum members,
so take advantage of it before it's too late!

The Regular Limited Edition will be hand bound in synthetic snakeskin, to match a pair of boots Glenn used to own (you can see them in the image displayed below). It will be presented in a handmade slipcase, which will also contain a 10” record pressed on top quality black 180 gsm vinyl. The record will be a six track EP of all new tracks specifically recorded for this release. One of the tracks will be a previously unreleased song by Glenn Hughes, and will be exclusive to this EP. And when they say exclusive, they mean it! This recording will not be released elsewhere for at least 20 years!! The only way to obtain it will be on the 400 black vinyl records included with the Regular Limited Edition or the 100 white vinyl records included with the Special Limited Edition.

The publishers' know there has been some speculation, so they would like to make it clear that if there is a mass market edition of the book there will be no CD with it. The ONLY way to get hold of this EP will be with the limited edition books.




Hint hint Martin - it's my birthday before the deadline of the limited offer expiry which is 18th Jan 2010.........

marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Dec-31-2009, 4:14 AM
Charles S.C.'s Avatar
Charles S.C. Charles S.C. is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Apr 2008
From: Charleston, S.C.
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is just ridiculous and everyone knows.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old Jan-01-2010, 4:22 PM
Andrew Steed's Avatar
Andrew Steed Andrew Steed is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Apr 2005
From: Walsall
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mariewilks View Post
The record will be a six track EP of all new tracks specifically recorded for this release. One of the tracks will be a previously unreleased song by Glenn Hughes, and will be exclusive to this EP. And when they say exclusive, they mean it! This recording will not be released elsewhere for at least 20 years!!

This is the part that annoys me more than anything. I've collected everything I could get that Glenn's been on from the earliest days of Trapeze including spending a small fortune buying cds that he only sings one or two tracks on as a guest artist. This is because the music is what matters most to me. However, this price for 6 tracks is ridiculous. I know that there is a high quality book with them, but it's not a sufficient inducement to pay that price!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Jan-02-2010, 1:29 AM
CrazyW's Avatar
CrazyW CrazyW is offline
 
Belgium

Member Since: Jun 2008
From: Gent
Posts: 135
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew Steed View Post
This is the part that annoys me more than anything. I've collected everything I could get that Glenn's been on from the earliest days of Trapeze including spending a small fortune buying cds that he only sings one or two tracks on as a guest artist. This is because the music is what matters most to me. However, this price for 6 tracks is ridiculous. I know that there is a high quality book with them, but it's not a sufficient inducement to pay that price!

If only 1 songs is by Glenn who did the other 5?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Jan-02-2010, 3:37 AM
chutsler's Avatar
chutsler chutsler is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Sep 2001
From: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 681
Thanks: 130
Thanked 132 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew Steed View Post
This is the part that annoys me more than anything. I've collected everything I could get that Glenn's been on from the earliest days of Trapeze including spending a small fortune buying cds that he only sings one or two tracks on as a guest artist. This is because the music is what matters most to me. However, this price for 6 tracks is ridiculous. I know that there is a high quality book with them, but it's not a sufficient inducement to pay that price!

Andrew, I find it gratifying that I'm not alone on this....I also have spent a small fortune collecting Glenn's 'recorded output'.....beginning with Trapeze (before and after)!!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Jan-05-2010, 3:17 AM
Charles S.C.'s Avatar
Charles S.C. Charles S.C. is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Apr 2008
From: Charleston, S.C.
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Totally agree. Finally some more people who have the guts to speak it out loud. After all, if you release an autobiography or a book in general, you wanna sell it. At least that is what I thought ....what sales can one imagine with such a price policy?? Sorry, I dont get it. Maybe Im not rich or worshipping my artist enough to even sell my house just to get every snippet of my "beloved artist". Or maybe just not stupid enough ...

In case some people here dont realise, but we, the fans, also have commitments and plus to that we surely DONT listen to Glenn only that we would spend all our money just for him. We listen to a lot of bands and great musicians out there and even tho we like them a lot, they are not "God" for us or the center of our world.

Everyone who spends 300 pounds (or more) for a book (no matter in what it is wrapped or handmade or alienmade or whatever ...) seriously has lost touch with this world. At least to me. Im a fan for 30 years now but this is just too much. If we would have spring, I would have said it must be an April's fool joke.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Jan-05-2010, 3:43 AM
Mark3's Avatar
Mark3 Mark3 is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Jun 2003
From: High Wycombe
Posts: 237
Thanks: 7
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Just want to say that these initial releases are special limited editions and will probably have a significant value in the future and could be looked at as an investment.

We pays our money and takes our choice. I am sure there will be a general release of the book in the future at wholesale price point.

At the end of the day the written content will probably be the same so its a game of paitence or pay the money for the available limited editions.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Jan-05-2010, 5:59 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Originally Posted by Charles S.C. View Post
Totally agree. Finally some more people who have the guts to speak it out loud. After all, if you release an autobiography or a book in general, you wanna sell it. At least that is what I thought ....what sales can one imagine with such a price policy?? Sorry, I dont get it. Maybe Im not rich or worshipping my artist enough to even sell my house just to get every snippet of my "beloved artist". Or maybe just not stupid enough ...

In case some people here dont realise, but we, the fans, also have commitments and plus to that we surely DONT listen to Glenn only that we would spend all our money just for him. We listen to a lot of bands and great musicians out there and even tho we like them a lot, they are not "God" for us or the center of our world.

Everyone who spends 300 pounds (or more) for a book (no matter in what it is wrapped or handmade or alienmade or whatever ...) seriously has lost touch with this world. At least to me. Im a fan for 30 years now but this is just too much. If we would have spring, I would have said it must be an April's fool joke.

As I've said before, this first incarnation, is not for everyone, but right now this is what is being offered. If and when a regularly published edition is ready, that will be announced here on the web site. Of course, "regular" editions are being given consideration, they're just not ready now, that is all. What is ready now for announcement, are these limited edition's and so they're being announced and available for pre-order for those fans that want it.

Again, an announcement here will follow when alternative edition(s) are forthcoming. It would really help if you guys would read this thread in it's entirety, it would save you a lot of grief

Cheers
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  #82  
Old Jan-05-2010, 7:30 AM
marieodonnelly's Avatar
marieodonnelly marieodonnelly is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Sep 2008
From: Sheffield
Posts: 449
Thanks: 87
Thanked 89 Times in 57 Posts
I just e-mailed to order my copy! Thanking Martin, my mum and dad and friends who all gave me money for my birthday yesterday to put towards this so I can have it! It's so appreicated!!!

All the long hours (a lot of it unpaid too) I have to put in at work as a consequence of the economic climate mean I don't get time to spend my spending money all that often so it's nice to spend it on something special as a reward for all the long hours I do and the lack of free time I get.

I'm not being flippant about the cost of this as I've contributed birthday money towards it also and would possibly wait for the regular edition too but I'm happy that I can order this at this time and I know it will be worth it!

Also just to let you guys know that I had a super speedy response from Foruli regarding reserving my copy and the process was so easy so anybody wanting to place the order using the Stormbringer offer code by emailing them by 18th Jan to sales@foruli.co.uk - you'll have a smooth transaction!

marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Jan-05-2010, 10:55 AM
marieodonnelly's Avatar
marieodonnelly marieodonnelly is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Sep 2008
From: Sheffield
Posts: 449
Thanks: 87
Thanked 89 Times in 57 Posts
Just in case anybody missed David's earlier piece of info since I hijacked the thread with my jubilant purchase update and feedback regarding the speedy response form Foruli............

Originally Posted by David View Post
As I've said before, this first incarnation, is not for everyone, but right now this is what is being offered. If and when a regularly published edition is ready, that will be announced here on the web site. Of course, "regular" editions are being given consideration, they're just not ready now, that is all. What is ready now for announcement, are these limited edition's and so they're being announced and available for pre-order for those fans that want it.

Again, an announcement here will follow when alternative edition(s) are forthcoming. It would really help if you guys would read this thread in it's entirety, it would save you a lot of grief

Cheers


marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Jan-06-2010, 3:57 AM
Andrew Steed's Avatar
Andrew Steed Andrew Steed is offline
 
UK

Member Since: Apr 2005
From: Walsall
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by David View Post
It would really help if you guys would read this thread in it's entirety, it would save you a lot of grief

I have David, and "exclusive.. they mean it...not released elsewhere for 20 years" seems pretty conclusive. I can wait for a regular edition of the book, but I might not be able to wait 20 years for the tracks
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Jan-10-2010, 2:25 AM
Sunby's Avatar
Sunby Sunby is offline
 
Poland

Member Since: Oct 2009
From: Wroclaw
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
I have to say I am digesting all this...

At the very start I felt whacked-a-back with how the things look like since the offer even with the Stormbringer off-price code is more than a half of my monthly pay...

But then again I feel a buggin' fancy. My birthday is 2 days after offer expiry and some friends ask me about 'Whatcha wanna get for a b-day present?' If they can draw me a half of the price with their input, I could make it... Bread and water for a month, but it's bearable. It's still gonna be sort of ridiculous to me (I never was a wealthy person), but truly an extraordinary present on the other hand... For once in life, why not?

Damn, I never thought I could get to this stage just because of a fancy! And some dare to say they know much about themselves!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Jan-14-2010, 9:49 AM
ellbery ellbery is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Nov 2005
From: Riverside, CA.
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow!! I just read all the thread!
I can't wait to read the book, I've been a fan for many years and was excited to hear of the Biography! The price tag took the wind out of my sails though! I think heres the saddest fact... If you just spent $800 on a book(work of art!) would you take it out of it's cellophane wrapping?? Would you put an $800 record on a turntable and risk it getting damaged? IF I could afford it it would have to become a family legacy to passed down...unopened!
Sad to think these unreleased tracks will, apart for 1 or 2 people remain unheard!! And realistically the rest of us will probably have to wait at least a year for an affordable release!
BTW
What happened to the litary Event Glenn mentioned??
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Jan-14-2010, 10:01 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Originally Posted by ellbery View Post
Wow!! I just read all the thread!

Are you sure?

Originally Posted by ellbery View Post
Sad to think these unreleased tracks will, apart for 1 or 2 people remain unheard!!

500 actually!! There will be 100 records on white vinyl (the 'Deluxe' sets) and 400 on black vinyl (the 'Regular' sets).

As news of what you might think of as a 'traditional' printing run is available, you'll hear about it then. For now, these limited editions, are what is available to pre-order.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jan-14-2010, 10:42 AM
ellbery ellbery is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Nov 2005
From: Riverside, CA.
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David View Post
Are you sure?

500 actually!!

As news of what you might think of as a 'traditional' printing run is available, you'll hear about it then. For now, these limited editions, are what is available to pre-order.

I am sure!!
I thinks you missed my point. I would NEVER play an $800 piece of vinyl! Most people who buy this are gonna be purely collectors who are never gonna play the record. So I would say that a good 90% of these 500 book packages will remain sealed! So, realistically only a small handful of people will hear these songs!
This I think risks another problem... Illegal downloading. It's possible that at some point someone will bootleg the tracks and sell them (8th Star / DEP sessions were not released at all and they got out!)
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jan-14-2010, 10:47 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
 
 
 
zUKUSA

Member Since: Dec 2000
From: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 7,689
Thanks: 923
Thanked 5,379 Times in 2,488 Posts
Originally Posted by ellbery View Post
I thinks you missed my point. I would NEVER play an $800 piece of vinyl! Most people who buy this are gonna be purely collectors who are never gonna play the record. So I would say that a good 90% of these 500 book packages will remain sealed! So, realistically only a small handful of people will hear these songs!

They won't be wrapped in cellophane, plastic or anything else apart from maybe some paper - the books will be sent in a shipping carton. The publishers are collectors themselves and thought they would remove the ‘to leave sealed or to unseal’ problem. This way, anyone who buys a volume will be able to enjoy it!

Originally Posted by ellbery View Post
This I think risks another problem... Illegal downloading. It's possible that at some point someone will bootleg the tracks and sell them

Nothing a lawyer can't sort out After all, the books will be delivered to a name and address, right
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jan-14-2010, 10:56 AM
ellbery ellbery is offline
 
USA

Member Since: Nov 2005
From: Riverside, CA.
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nothing a lawyer can't sort out After all, the books will be delivered to a name and address, right

My thoughts exactly, but why put the temptation there in the first place??
I'm from England and I saw so many times Movies/CD's/TV shows bootlegged because they had limited releases (Released early in different regions) I understand the concept of regions, but surely bootlegging can be reduced buy removing the opportunity! I remember reading once that at any one point in time only about 3% of music is available commercially (Legally) What happens if you want to buy back catalog and it's been deleted?? That's where Napster, Kazza and all the others came in!!
Sorry....Bootlegging is a pet peeve of mine!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
013, 1969, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1980, 1991, 1996, 2000, 2006, 2010, 2016, albums, autobiography, bass, book, california jam, cover, Deep Purple, Foruli, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, Jawbone, press, tommy bolin, tour, Trapeze


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glenn's Voice Dead_presidents_belfast Trapeze 15 Oct-10-2016 4:01 PM
Glenn's Greatest Hits... nikokk News & Updates 11 Nov-18-2015 10:11 AM
Rocker releasing Autobiography David Media Centre 1 Oct-19-2011 11:45 AM
How many copies of Glenn's albums have been sold? mister.c. Polls & Questions? 6 Nov-23-2006 9:50 AM
Chronic of the Glenn's show in Madrid & PIX!!! esther Reports & Pictures 11 Oct-21-2003 11:09 PM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:28 AM.