g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Austria

Sad/UnHappy Keith Emerson Tour Cancellation

Breaking, and very sad News from Keith Emerson...

Quote:
IMPORTANT - TOUR CANCELLATION NOTICE
Dear Friends,

It is with much regret that I have to announce that due to past right hand injuries the resulting nerve damage and dystonic factor has made it unable for me to play the keyboards to the high standard I have always set myself and have to cancel my forthcoming Keith Emerson Band featuring Marc Bonilla USA and European tours.

I am also going to have to cancel the proposed Emerson, Lake and Palmer tour which we were going to do at the end of this year.

I will of course continue with my physical/chiropractic/acupuncture therapy etc. in the hope that this will eventually get me back on form.

This is absolutely devastating to me as music will always be my main key to communicating with a world-wide audience. I know how much my fans and fellow band members were looking forward to these shows and it saddens me greatly to have to come to this decision and make this announcement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Keith Emerson

Read the whole thread, including an official statement from Keith's doctor HERE.

I read Glenn's reply to the 'Anyone else a bit worried?' just two hours ago, and it made me think once again about how valuable one's health is.

It also made me think of people, friends who's health isn't the best at the moment, and who don't give up.

Is there a 'smiley' for thoughtful?
Insert here.

Christian

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Old May-06-2009, 11:26 AM

UK

Even more gutted to find that the ELP reunion WAS to happen , but is now aborted..
Old May-07-2009, 3:21 AM

France

sad news...
Old May-07-2009, 7:44 PM

USA

I first heard of his hand issues in Keyboard magazine 15 years ago. Thought they were resolved. Just terrible to hear about it again.
Old May-08-2009, 8:52 AM

Austria

Arrow Focal Hand Dystonia

It's already 15 years, yes.
KE became aware of a problem with his (right) hand during the recording sessions of ELP's "In The Hot Seat" album, resulting in the fact that he was only able to move three of five fingers in his right hand and that he had to play most of the keyboard parts on that album with his left hand only.
He was diagnosed with Focal Hand Dystonia (read more about this HERE) and developed a new three-finger playing technqiue for his right hand while receiving treatment. That seemed to work very well until now.
Yet apparently the condition has worsened, and he had to cancel the KEB Tour plus the ELP Reunion.

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
2009, album, glenn, glennhughes.com, tour