g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan-25-2009, 8:23 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - January 25th, 2009

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - January 25th, 2009

David: Afternoon all

wolfysmith: hi David

David: Hi Paul

David: First again

wolfysmith: i see Todd and Grace are in the forum so maybe about to join in

David: Yeah, would be nice

David: So how are you? The Harrison family are enjoying our first bout of Winter colds!

wolfysmith: i sent them a PM so lets see if they read them

wolfysmith: hi Bill

David: Hi Bill

captmidnite1962: Good evening!

captmidnite1962: Looking forward to Funkfest!!

wolfysmith: i havent had a cold. never get them

captmidnite1962: Lucky you...i finally got rid of one..

David: Think our young one brought it home from school, so you won't have too long before you enjoy the benefits

captmidnite1962: David...which shows are you going to?

David: Yeah, not too long to go Bill.

captmidnite1962: I got tickets for NY...am tossing the idea about on going to LA

wolfysmith: the rest of the family were off work &school last week with it David

David: I'm debating...that venue in Foxboro looks good...still need to price it all out...no doubt a couple or more!

wolfysmith: any more USA shows about to be announced? Texas?

captmidnite1962: And....I could go up to Foxboro without a problem...it is about a 3 hour drive

David: To Be Announced yes Paul, Texas unlikely, maybe on a later run...

captmidnite1962: I have that whole weekend off..so Foxboro and NYC would be perfect

wolfysmith: Still, i have the June weekend special to look forward to. you and/or Shirean coming over for that?

David: and some others in Europe....though the full on tour for you guys will be in early Autumn

captmidnite1962: I would like to do LA...I know that I would get to see people that can't make it east..Frank and Chip...

David: We're planning for it Paul - timing is on our side for a change!

wolfysmith: and the $ to is definitely on your side

David: That always helps

captmidnite1962: That will be incredible..I would love to make that trip happen...money is the only real obstacle..

captmidnite1962: Is it now? That does help..

David: Yeah I hear 'ya Bill, although I'm not keen on the venue, but will see how things pan out

wolfysmith: the whisky is small. i was expecting something bigger and better due to its legendary name...... but the show with Chad was well worth it

captmidnite1962: I understand....not having been there you do have a leg up...That venue in Foxboro looks fairly posh...all i want is decent sightlines and sound..

David: Yeah, that Foxboro one looks a similar layout to BB Kings NYC but 4 times as big! Think it's owned by the same outfit...

captmidnite1962: The Nokia Theater in NYC..now that was a great experience..the finest house sound i have ever heard

captmidnite1962: It does look similar...with the pricy food too!

wolfysmith: David, any idea of the Euro band lineup? Jeff staying on and Matt back on drums?

David: Dunno, having a sit down dinner at a gig is just so wierd to me...

David: Remember when I first moved here, they used to be Comedians opening up for bands.....that was strange as well!

captmidnite1962: I saw a comedian open for Grand funk when they were here in '97. He got a lot of laughs about commenting on all the minivans in the parking lot

David: TBA Paul, although most likely Jeff on guitar, should have something definite soon though.

captmidnite1962: Now take my wife...please!

captmidnite1962: And eating is weird...having to shout PASS THE SALT PLEASE!! over the music.

captmidnite1962: And..I wonder if Glenn will bring Mel's Black Beauty along for the shows....great to see the old girl getting played!

David: For sure Bill.

David: Will miss Luis, he's a real talent, but it's always good to see Jeff live.

wolfysmith: well it should be in use at the Trapeze show

wolfysmith: Luis AND Jeff would have been cool too.

David: You can expect a slightly different set than has been played recently, same for the Euro shows...but more on that at a later date

captmidnite1962: Oh cool..more surprises!!

David: But lots of F U N K, so no worries on that score!

captmidnite1962: But of course....

captmidnite1962: Any idea if anyone is coming across the pond at all?

David: I know of a few

David: so do you too

captmidnite1962: I have gone into the city fairly often..looking for a place to have a pre or post show get together that won't cost a fortune..

captmidnite1962: There ARE places like that in NYC..believe it or not..

David: That Starbucks on the corner

captmidnite1962: Aw man....you are killing me David!!

David: Yeah, it's cool the venue is in the middle of everything, but you pay the price!

captmidnite1962: The thing that really torques me..is that any franchise restaurant will have higher prices for NYC...something like 15-20 per cent more...

captmidnite1962: The smaller independent places are a better bet

David: By the way, I tested the transcript thing earlier and it appears to be working, so hopefully will have one this time for folks by morning tomorrow!

wolfysmith: Bill, just make sure you arent paying Franks food bill

captmidnite1962: Oh man..that is no joke...he cornered the oyster market the last time he was here!!

captmidnite1962: I think he is going to LA instead...it is an easier trip for him...

captmidnite1962: The oysters will be ecstatic!

wolfysmith:

David: No such luxuries at the Whisky

captmidnite1962: I hear that!

David: Hi Chip

captmidnite1962: Hey Chip!!

captmidnite1962: Chip...rumor has it you may make it to LA...

wolfysmith: HI Chip

captmidnite1962: Can you confirm or deny??

Chip: Affirmative Capt.! I am here.

Chip: Hello everyone.

David: Chip - did you put some smart ass remark in your Classic Rock voting comments - I think that's probably why my comments were censored

Chip: Yes. I might be able to make the LA gig. Will see how things are closer to the date.

Chip: No David...I was a good boy and didn't make any rude comments

David: OK, well there's hope yet, that my vote will slip through

David: Hi trapezoid

Chip: Hi trapezoid.

captmidnite1962: Geez...can you imagine what would happen if Jack Bruce put in his two cents worth??

trapezoid: Howdy folks

wolfysmith: Hi trapezoid

trapezoid: you guys voted on classic rock poll?

David: Naturally

trapezoid: still waitin' moderation

David: Yeah think most of us are

David: You going to any of the US dates trapezoid?

trapezoid: want to see if more dates show up in the area

David: Don't know if you guys saw it, but the Whisky tix are now for sale online

Chip: I wish more dates could be announced at one time to make it easier to pick and choose, or possibly make arrangements to see more than one show if they are back to back. Glenn's show announcements always trickle out.

captmidnite1962: I did see that David...so..if I am thinking about making that trip...I better not procrastinate!

Chip: The U.S. dates always seem to trickle out..that is.

captmidnite1962: I lucked out Chip...with Foxboro and NYC back to back...

trapezoid: Hope your all handling the winter weather OK

Chip: Sure am....sunny and almost 80 degrees

trapezoid: 10 deg. here, a heat wave

David: Has been chilly here too surprisingly, and was saying earlier, just picked up my first Winter cold!

wolfysmith: well it didnt freeze last night Chip. but should do again this week.

Chip: I don't miss the cold, snow and ice at all.

captmidnite1962: Oh don't even start about the weather...the older I get the more I hate winter!

trapezoid: break out the garlic, it seems to help

Chip: works on vampires too

David: Well, it'll be something strong, that's for sure!

trapezoid:

Chip: I thought I saw Grace was on the site when I arrived. Wonder if she is having problems getting in.

David: Shirean says "Hi" to everyone, she's flat out on the couch with the box of Kleenex!

Chip: Hi back.

wolfysmith: Todd was on too Chip. i PM'd him but he didnt come on

David: Grace emailed me earlier saying she had trouble commenting at the Classic Rock site, so perhaps she's having computer woes today?

trapezoid: Super bowl sunday's comin' rootin for Arizona!

Chip: Can you believe it trapezoid...the Cardinals in the super bowl. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

trapezoid: got a message back from classic rock about java script not enabled

Chip: David...I've forgotten how to change my chat icon.

trapezoid: Yeah Chip, been waitin' long time 4 this

David: Chip - click on the round icon in bottom left corner, then select Preferences...

Chip: Probably will never happen again.

trapezoid: bet Phoenix is buzzin'

Chip: Thanks David. I thought that might be it, but was afraid to click on it

David: It will only remember your selection, if you login with a username and password...if you came in as a guest, it only keeps it around for this session.

Chip: Not really trapezoid...everyone out here is from somewhere else and are loyal to their hometown teams. Not quite the buzz you'd expect and see in other cities.

trapezoid: Paul, whats the latest with the Wolves

trapezoid: thats surprising Chip

Chip: You can see native Arizonans on TV complaining about the lack of enthusiam.

wolfysmith: Wolves lost in the FA Cup yesterday. the old cliche leaves us free to concentrate on the league is now in place!

wolfysmith: At least Villa scraped a draw eh David

Chip: The EPL is a sore subject for me.

trapezoid: Sorry Bout that man

Chip: My team isn't doing so good.

wolfysmith: i wont even mention their 18th game without a wini Chip

tony g: yo yo what up

Chip: Hi Tony

Chip: Wolfy...Dave Ling calls my team the Clowntown Pathetics

tony g: whats new

wolfysmith:

wolfysmith: anyone a fan of Robin Beck? she just made a request to be friends with Trapeze on Myspace

tony g: unfamiliar to me wolfy

Chip: Don't know of her.

trapezoid: Me neither

David: She was in an '80s band, best as I remember!

tony g: whoever she is at least she likes something good

David: Married to James Christian, singer/producer

tony g: who are the clowntown pathetics?

wolfysmith: she had a No 1 single in 1988 here with the first time.

David: ahh, ok, I wasn't too far off the mark!

Chip: Tony...they are actually the Charlton Athletics...an English soccer (football team). Their poor play have earned them that nickname from rival fans.

David: Hi Christian

wolfysmith: it was from a Coca Cola advert

tony g: like the maroons?

chrisloeb: Hi all! Unusually busy here...

wolfysmith: Hi Chris - MEDUSA ROCK

Chip:

Chip: Hi Christian

Chip: Really like the Medusa CD

tony g: i truly like the songs you wrote chris

David: Amazing what happens when you show up on time

chrisloeb: Thanks, Paul! And thanks for mentioning Warhorse...

chrisloeb: Chip, Tony, Thanks guys

chrisloeb: Better late than never, David

David: Touche

tony g: i thought mick box was on it a couple of times

chrisloeb: Patrick, our guitar player will certainly like to hear that, Tony!

tony g: ive played the 3rd song the most

chrisloeb: ad Mick Box) You're talking bout the solos in Can You Hear me and A Second Earth, I guess?

tony g: yes

chrisloeb: The third is one of mine Goes back as far as 1994!

chrisloeb: Wolfy, we're thinking about playing St. Louis in our next show, as a special treat!

chrisloeb: The Warhorse version, of course...

chrisloeb: But sorry, I was interrupting the conversation about... Coke? Coca Cola that is.

tony g: late sixties earlie seventies style -the stuff i grew up on-great to hear it

wolfysmith: Chris, a friend of mine knows Mac Poole

David: Just waiting on Roger and Pete S now...then we'll have the GHCP tour package sorted

Chip:

chrisloeb: He was their drummer, right?

Chip: All you guys need to start a GHCP band.

chrisloeb: Yeah, David

wolfysmith: Yeah Chris

tony g: that would be cool to me David

chrisloeb: Very much a 'round the world thing...

David: ...and Coast To Coast

trapezoid: All Glenn songs

chrisloeb: That would certainly be great fun. Get Achim on board too, and a keyboard player... anyone?

chrisloeb: Our CD is now back in stock at CD Baby btw.

wolfysmith: one thing Chris, being a 3 piece how does the live sound match the cd. with you doing keys and bass.

chrisloeb: And talking of CDs, I noticed that ORK Records in the UK have a reissue of 'Medusa' coming up. They are a subsidary of the same company that released Trapeze and You Are The Music a coupe of years ago.

chrisloeb: Here's the link: http://www.cherryred.co.uk/ork/product.php?display=ORK9

chrisloeb: Wolfy - I play bass most of the time at add keyboard layers sporadically with the Midi Keyboard Foot pedals... Edge of Life I perform on keys, bass played with a Rhodes Bass sound with my left hand. During Second Earth I switch between bass and keys constantly. I'm busy!!!

David: That Japanese Trapeze Box Set went for under a $100 over at eBay the other day, which is not bad considering earlier sales went for nearly $500!

chrisloeb: Don't tell me, I missed it... fell asleep over it Was like 2 and something in the morning...

Chip: I see individuals CDs every now and then for sale

chrisloeb: How come ORK are reissuing Medusa, when Universal are said to have it coming up too?

chrisloeb: David, hasn't somebody from Cherry Red registered here a while ago... gotta use SEARCH right now!

David: Yeah, believe you're right, think they were trying to pedal a Travers reissue at the time...

captmidnite1962: sorry folks..I didn't bail...been on the phone

David: No worries Bill.

David: Got done with the Touched By Magic book the other day (Bolin) - never realized the extent of just how screwed over he got.

David: Financially speaking...

Chip: Yeah David...he didn't keep very good company...professionally.

trapezoid: Got 2 get that book myself David.

wolfysmith: i see Stormbringer Reissue news looks good too. gotta get one of those tour shirts.

chrisloeb: Wolfy - You get a pretty good picture of the Keyboard pedals right at the bottom of this photo...

chrisloeb:

Chip: I wish I could remember his name, but I sat and talked with someone who was there the night Tommy died. Scary stuff.

tony g: like jimi hendrix?

David: like so many...

Chip: Strike a pose Christian

trapezoid: Cool pic Chris

David: you can click on it, by the way, to see it full size

chrisloeb:

wolfysmith: Geddy Lee eat your heart out!

chrisloeb: The fleacircus version of Geddy Lee... if at all

Chip: [soundbyte..."Voice of Rock"]

David: should have sent that one to CR

Chip: did you hear that Classic Rock magazine?

chrisloeb: Talkin bout Voice of Rock. Classic Rock deleted my comment

David: yeah me and Chip's too...at least it appears that way...

wolfysmith: Robert Plant had them deleted

Chip: I don't think Frank's ever got put up either.

Chip:

tony g: narrow minded bastards will never get my money

David: or maybe it's still under moderation....although our's were done earlier than some of the approved ones, so who knows!

chrisloeb: I basically wrote that Glenn Hughes IS the Voice Of Rock, because I've got it white on black on the 12inch of KLF's America: What Time Is Love?

wolfysmith: it'll be him or Axl Rose. they love both.

Chip: Yeah, just one more reason to put Plant on the cover

chrisloeb: Under moderation, for a day?

Chip: Roger will be happy...heard Plant is doing another album with Allison Kraus.

trapezoid: Their moderator must be slackin'

chrisloeb: Maybe we should send Grace in, to clear things once and for all?

tony g: i wish it was that easy

Chip: CR just have too many safe choices to pick from. Gotta sell the magazines you know.

David: Yeah, it's a business, plain and simple.

trapezoid: No doubt Chris

chrisloeb: There are singers in there, I haven't heard of...!?

David: I did laughed when I saw Simon Le Bon listed as possible contender!

Chip: Jeez

wolfysmith: Chris can sing higher than Coverdale these days!

chrisloeb: Simon Le Bon - the voice of flat!

wolfysmith: brilliant Chris.

David: in Classic Rock magazine - go figure!

chrisloeb: and fat, occasionally

captmidnite1962: Oh man...what happened??

captmidnite1962: Sorry about that...had to take that call!

captmidnite1962: The voice of flat...Too funny!

chrisloeb: So... are there more GH Tour dates on the horizon?

tony g: kentucky?

captmidnite1962: You folks in europe will get a bunch of dates no doubt..going by that NAMM interview Glenn did

David: Full Euro tour will be in early Autumn....but you'll see more dates in the coming days for the April/May timeframe...

captmidnite1962: Great news!

chrisloeb: Great news indeed!

captmidnite1962: i need to order the Tommy Bolin book..it is done in the same manner as Gallagher Marriott Derringer Trower...the interviews are broken up to make the story flow..

captmidnite1962: I read the chapter they had on the Lulu website

Chip: Good book Capt....just finished it.

chrisloeb: It seems that it is only available from www.lulu.com - none of the distributors in the US have it listed!

captmidnite1962: They used to have those videos on the TBA website from Rock Concert....I think they were pulled for legal reasons, perhaps?

David: Christian, I ordered from the Music Store here (Amazon.com) - it was a little cheaper

David: I got the Purple book at the same time, but didn't like it much. Felt like I had read it all before...mainly made up of magazine articles...at least that's how it seemed to me.

captmidnite1962: Those were fun....Tommy taking the Walsh tunes for a spin..

David: Think they are on YouTube now Bill.

captmidnite1962: I have seen several of them there..

tony g: rock concert website?

tony g: abc rock concert?

captmidnite1962: I just wish that those old Midnight Special and DKRC would come out on DVD...but I imagine the legal clearances would be quite a headache

captmidnite1962: ABC Rock Concert...Dick Clark owns all of those..

chrisloeb: Wolfy - Somebody in the US contacted me on myspace today, because they thought that we were the band MEDUSA who had a song called Seafull 30 years ago... I pointed them to the Trapeze site

tony g: some of that midnight special is out

Chip: Used to see those late night infomercials about the Midnight Special DVDs.

captmidnite1962: When DP put out the DVD from Hofstra in 1973....they probably paid through the nose for that footage

captmidnite1962: Tony and Chip...you are right..now that I think about it...

chrisloeb: Thin Lizzy did Midnight Special a couple of times too. The footage is rare, and I only have it in bad quality...

Chip: Of course none of the really good stuff was on any of them.

wolfysmith: thats great Chris. Greg Smith (Rainbow etc) added today too)

trapezoid: ABC in concert was my favorite show back then

captmidnite1962: Didn't the Live And dangerous film get the remaster treatment?

tony g: saw dick clark on tv new years eve obvious stroke victim

captmidnite1962: Yes..it is sad to see..

tony g: ur right trapezoid

chrisloeb: Sure did, Bill, but unfortunately again not the whole show...

Chip: world's oldest teen-ager. Yes, it's sad to see him now.

captmidnite1962: There was a concert they did with Grand Funk in 1972 that is great....

captmidnite1962: Of course the story behind it...it was a benefit for a drug rehab center...

chrisloeb: Good news is though, that the full Thin Lizzy Philadelphia 1977 show that was the original source for L&D is going to be released unedited very soon! Title: "Still Dangerous"

captmidnite1962: The day of the show their former manager shows up with a bunch of lawyers and sheriffs ...he wanted to seize the equipment...

captmidnite1962: Can't wait for that Lizzy DVD!

tony g: cool chris

chrisloeb: Sorry, it's only on CD!

tony g: terry knight is nuts

captmidnite1962: You can hear that show on Wolgang's Vault...warts and all

chrisloeb: But they played rarely heard songs like Soldier Of Fortune that night!

captmidnite1962: WAS nuts...he is dirt napping now..

tony g: i wonder which direction he went?

captmidnite1962: He was murdered in 2004...by his daughter's boyfriend

tony g: gotta have that chris

tony g: probably tryed to rip him off too

tony g: sorry guys but i hate leaches that hurt musicians

captmidnite1962: He did rip off the guys in GFR..but he did lose a lot by doing it...and I think he realized that later

captmidnite1962: But Lizzy..that will be a great DVD!

chrisloeb: Gotta go now... its already late here. Great talking to you guys again!

captmidnite1962: Robbo and Scott were pure musical alchemy

chrisloeb: Looking forward to reading the transcript

David: OK guys we're into overtime, but got an extra 5 minutes to spare, otherwise Shirean will trash the dinner

captmidnite1962: Take care chris!

tony g: great cd chris bye

tony g: cant have that David

captmidnite1962: OK David...great to see all of you here...now go eat your supper!

David: Thanks for stopping by Chris. G has the CD now by the way

chrisloeb: Bye all, see you! And Thanks for the kudos (Medusa CD)! Highly appreciated!

Chip: See you guys in the forums and hopefully right here next month. Later.

wolfysmith: yeah, bedtime here. see you again next month hopefully.

captmidnite1962: I will order a copy Chris!

tony g: good to hear from u guys bye

wolfysmith: goodnight

chrisloeb:

captmidnite1962: Good night everyone!

trapezoid: SeeYa folks, David and Shirean get over those colds, peace

David: See you again, Sunday, February 22nd, which is the next scheduled Monthly CHAT...usual time

David: Bye 4 now
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat012509.txt (21.9 KB, 2 views)
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Webmaster For This Useful Post:
Old Jan-27-2009, 9:09 AM

UK

Icon34

I have not posted for some time but reading the chat transcript I pick up that Luis will not be part of Glenn touring band this year, any reason we know of? felt he really added the funk, love Jeff all the same
Old Jan-27-2009, 9:14 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark3 View Post
I have not posted for some time but reading the chat transcript I pick up that Luis will not be part of Glenn touring band this year, any reason we know of? felt he really added the funk, love Jeff all the same

Yeah, you can read a little more here
Old Jan-28-2009, 2:51 PM

USA

"David: To Be Announced yes Paul, Texas unlikely, maybe on a later run..."

Makes me wanna cry... (yes...allusion to Trapeze song)

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
1972, 1973, 1977, 1988, 1994, 2004, 2009, 25th, album, bands, bass, book, classic rock, Coast to Coast, David, drums, GHCP, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, guitar, keys, MySpace, search, Shirean, tommy bolin, tour, Trapeze, Video, Whisky, win, YouTube