g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun-15-2008, 5:02 AM

USA

Thumbs up What I've been missing! LOL

My life has officially gotten to crazy, if it took me this long to figure this out and make the time.

I am a musician, most of my time is spent either playing loud or recording through headphones. I know I have some hearing loss...ok, a lot of hearing loss from my times on stage and shooting guns, etc.

I love everything Glenn, man...I'm a GH addict. But....

what I had not done, yet, was take my really good headphones, and my Glenn Hughes CD, and go lay down in a dark room and turn up the volume with the headphones on. Life has just been too busy, I am always listening to GH when something else is going on. That is a mistake. I got quiet, I got comfortable. I got good HEADPHONES!!

LOL. Hey, y'all might have noticed this guy can SANG!!!!! LOL FUNK really reminds me of the old days when I listened to my Trapeze albums the same way......why have I gone so fast for so long that I didn't think about this sooner? LOL. Senility is my only excuse.

Glenn, you are just the best, the production, background vocals and groove....did I mention your vocals?

I'm not going to review it, I just love it, I liked it tremendously when I first heard it, and I like it more every time I hear it. And now I'm REALLY hearing it.

Got to go see how much I have been missing in the back catalogue....hey, I may just turn into a fan. LOL
Old Jun-15-2008, 8:00 AM

USA

Icon32

I'm glad you've reconnected with your headphones Roger

I've recently done the same thing. I used to listen to most of my music with headphones back in the day, mostly to save my parents from some aggravation In the past few weeks I've started to keep my iPod next to the bed along with my good headphones. For quite a few years now, I've been having problems sleeping. Now, about an hour or so before I'd like to be asleep, I pick a nice soothing album to listen to. You forget how much more you hear with a good pair of over-the-ear headphones.

Chip
Old Jun-15-2008, 9:47 AM

USA

What's funny is how long it took me to do this...I pretty much am in headphones for hours every day recording, and I listen to my own music at night before I sleep because it relaxes me.....But I usually save my GH for driving. Problem is it's never uninterrupted and there's too much road noise...my hearing loss is the kind that if there is anything going on in the background, I will miss a lot. Problem solved. And a good excuse to take a nap, too. LOL "Can't cut the grass, I'm going to go study this new CD, Susan, working you know. "
Old Jun-15-2008, 2:08 PM

USA

Pass me the cans, will ya?

I got my first set of Koss headphones when I was 15..had to listen to stuff on my parent's stereo and this spared them much aggravation. The bleed from the headphones sometimes got me in trouble though...I would be listening to something fairly loud and my father would demand that I unplug them..and of course the volume setting on headphones isn't near as loud as it is through the speakers...my father would go through the roof!

Living in apartments and keeping late hours meant that headphones were a necessity. I would sometimes forget to select the "speaker off" position on the receiver and wonder why the floor was vibrating...oopps!!

Despite nearly 20 years working around jet aircraft and having endured several nasty ear infections, I have only a slight upper end loss consistent with my age. I do notice that, like Roger, I sometimes have difficulty hearing conversations in a noisy environment. Some frequencies cut through better than others.

I did spend the money on a really good set of headphones years back and I need to get a good over the ear set to plug into my lap top. I don't like ear buds and won't use an iPod out on the street like 3/4 of the people in NYC do...I don't like not being able to hear what is going on around me.

The new car has both a CD player and XM radio so long trips are a joy now...I debuted FUNK while stuck in a traffic jam on the Van Wyck Expressway...better to jam out than get pissed off by the traffic!

I am driving down to VA on Wedensday.....FUNK will get a workout on the way there!

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
album, albums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, Trapeze