Originally Posted by captmidnite1962
the tables were taken off the floor and by 8:30 the floor area
was packed as were all the tables surrounding the floor....
Sounds like you had a great time, Bill, along with all the other UFO fans. Thanks for the report ~
I wouldn't go back again to BB King's if you paid me a big bag of money.
The "geography" of that place scared me, during all of Glenn's show.
* The club itself was below the sidewalk level.
* Other than the door for backstage (the meet and greet area)
there was only that one
other door for an exit.
* You had that one
, narrow, winding staircase to climb up to the street level.
* And for your dining pleasure (in case you were bored during Glenn's show)
there was that basement kitchen going full tilt that evening.
* If you were sitting in one of those curved booths along the wall,
you couldn't see anything.
* And the building's support pillars didn't help the view either.
* People were packed like sardines between the bar and that half-wall.
* Anybody from the Fire Marshall's Office could have made their monthly quota,
based on the beloved NYC "Occupancy Code" violation laws.
I'm not gonna' push my luck.
I survived that show in June, but you don't need to hit me over the head twice.
Once oughta' do it for me
I hope like crazy that Glenn's NEXT show in New York is someplace safer,
and has enough room for lots more GHCPs since BB KING'S WAS WAY TOO SMALL!