g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Trapeze

Trapeze Talk about shows, setlists, albums, where are they now.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar-07-2008, 8:06 PM

USA

Thumbs up One of my favorite shows

I saw many really, really good concerts in San Antonio at the Municipal Auditorium. One that tops the list was a three band show consisting of Trapeze, Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat(?). Not sure about Foghat because they seemed to be on just about every other show there in the late 70's. Anyway, Trapeze closed the show and they were playing songs from Hotwire so it was the Galley, Wright, Kendrick and Holland line-up. I remember that as having a profound musical impact on me as I had never heard rock played in that fashion (funk). I also remember BOC having a better crowd response which I attributed to the fact that they were touring in support of On Your Feet Or On Your Knees album which was doing really well. It seems as though the new style of music that Trapeze was playing caught that San Antonio audience a little off-guard and perhaps a bit biased. Would love to hear from anyone that was at that show (and can remember it, always lots of substance abuse at the shows back then).

I also remember that show as the first time I saw a particular lighting technic used "gobos". That effect was reserved for Trapeze so apparently they had their own lighting designer who actually knew what he was doing.
Old Mar-09-2008, 1:39 PM

UK

I've heard Mel talk about this tour. I don't think they were too enamored with B.O.C. In fact, the members of Trapeze added their own version of what the abbreviation on the sign on the dressing room door meant! Answers on a postcard please. . . .
Old Mar-10-2008, 2:20 PM

NewZealand

Bunch Of ...erm...Clowns ?? (not what I really wanted to put, but this is a family show...)
Old Mar-10-2008, 5:37 PM

USA

Wink I'll buy a vowel Vanna!

Hmm..if you are a Grand Funk Railroad fan and there is a mirror handy, you can figure it out...

OK, enough snickering for now!

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Trapeze

Share Thread

Tags
album, tour, Trapeze