g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan-19-2008, 6:46 PM

USA

Icon33 Glenn at NAMM 2008

Ran into Glenn at Namm at the Yamaha booth, today, Saturday, right as I got there and had a very nice and informative chat with him. For once I didn't forget what I wanted to say. He was walking around with Marco Mendoza and chatting with Lee Sklar, both veterans of playing with Tommy Bolin! I saw a guy with a Bolin tshirt and told him "Tommy Bolin Rules!!!" which he repeated right back to me. Sadly missed the great show last night with Chad but Glenn said it went good. I had a gig and will make sure from now on, no more gigs Namm week unless it's at Namm. Glenn is now a Yamaha artist, I didn't get a chance to ask if there is a new bass coming, but I work there so I'll try to find out later in the week. Here's a couple of pics, reversing my trend of posting this stuff two months after I shoot it.

John
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
P1010010.JPG   glenn and lee sklar.JPG  
Old Jan-19-2008, 6:54 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,546 Times in 2,575 Posts
Many thanks for the update John. Be sure and checkout this thread too, where you'll spot the new Yamaha
Old Jan-20-2008, 1:29 AM

Sweden

Surely Marco Mendoza never played with Bolin??

Daniel
Old Jan-20-2008, 8:48 AM

USA

Icon20 Dean Guitars Webcast

Hey John,

Glad you made it to Namm. I was watching it on the Dean Guitars webcast. Johnnie Bolin was there showing off a new "Teaser" signature guitar that Dean made. They also had an outfit on display that Tommy wore in Deep Purple - it was a cool interview.

Cheers,
Shirean
Old Jan-21-2008, 6:27 PM

USA

Sorry also for not getting a formal shot, so hence the cell phone pic. Glenn was busy speaking to people and then got on his phone. (I just happened to come across him at another booth again, long after our first meeting). I never interrupt people if they are talking, and I had to get going too. Namm was great, my first time since joining Yamaha. Oh and also, welcome to Yamaha GH, it's a great place to be!

John
Old Jan-22-2008, 11:00 AM

USA

Wow, John, thanks so much, you got my two favorite bass players in one shot!! I not only love Leland's playing (with everyone he has played for) but I also secretly (well, not anymore) want to let my hair grow long again now that it's white and I want my beard like that, too. Of course Susan has threatened me with 31 flavors of torture, but Im' going to do it anyway. LOL

That's cool you are working with Yamaha, now. They have one of my favorite acoustics...a classical acoustic/electric, can't remember the model or the year they made it, but it was awesome.
Old Jan-22-2008, 4:15 PM

Austria

Thanks for the update, John!
Can you tell us when the Signature Bass is going to be available to buy for the public?
I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those!
Cheers,
Christian

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
2008, bass, Deep Purple, GHPG.net, glenn, johnnie bolin, Shirean, tommy bolin