g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Reports & Pictures Post your reviews, pictures, video & set lists here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep-28-2003, 1:16 PM

Spain

Icon24 Chronic of the Glenn's show in Madrid & PIX!!!

We arrived at Macumba around 8 p.m. when the supporter band (a spanish band called TEA) was testing the sound because they had some problems with the amplifiers. They started around 8:30 p.m and played 4 or 5 songs... then, they had to leave the stage for the preparations of the Glenn's show... the big event is very close to its beginning.
It was around 9:30 p.m. and we heard the magical words: "... the Voice of Rock: Glenn Hughes!!!!". And all the people there (I don't know exactly the number, but I think the there were around 800 people there... they filled up almost all the venue) started to scream and shout. Unfortunately just at the beginning of "In my blood", they realized that they were having some technical problems and they had to leave the stage... but it doesn't matter, this is like when you show a candy or a piece of chocolate to a child and you hide it after some seconds... then the child will want this candy more than anything in the world... and this was exactly what happened with all the people there. When he come back to the stage, the people shout more than the first time... now the show have started.
Glenn was great, singing on a incredible way, "playing" with the audience, making us enjoy all the time... and, the most important thing, making you believe that he's singing just for you... he looked at the eyes of the people while he's on the stage and then you feel that there's nobody there, only Glenn and you. I know that there are more artist with big voices, but I can't find noone who makes you feel the same way that Glenn do, there's nobody like him. I remember that I talked with a man who was assinting Glenn's crew in the spanish tour and he told me that he has seen a lot of shows but he got impressed with Glenn's voice. I answered him that I think that Glenn has got a gift: I don't know how he gets it, but when he's singing (also in the albums, but specially on stage) you can feel the music flooding your body, traveling through your veins and filling your heart... I don't know if I've expressed it correctly, but this is the best words I've found to explain the sensation I've usually got when Glenn is singing.
Then, when Glenn took the microphone to say hello to all the people who are there, something really special for me happened: Glenn's words was: "Hi Esther, hi Spain, hi Madrid". Well, I haven't heard before my name with an english accent :-), so I though: "no, I'm in a mistake, he couldn't have said my name... no, no, it's impossible"... but it happened, it really happened, he was telling my name, calling me there, just in front of me (my boyfriend Sergio verified it to me :-)). But special moments hadn't finished for me. After some songs, a lot of smiles, endless applauses and more shouts of all the people who went more and more crazy during the show, Glenn gave me another gift: he was going to sing "Seafull"... he knows that this song is very special for me and he dedicated it to me... he approached to the place where I was (of course, I was on the front row :-)) and gave me a bottle of water... a sign of his dedicatory (you had to see me now... I'm trembling just thinking about it :-)). Just at this time, I started to float through the clouds... I thought that I was dreaming, I was asking all the time to my boyfriend Sergio "Am I sleeping? because, it is a dream, isn't it?"... I still can't believe that, I'm still trying to assume all the thing that happened this nigth.
As the show was advancing, people fell completely in love with Glenn, all the people who were there... you had to hear them shouting and clapping when Glenn sang "Mistreated"... this applause seemed to have no end, it was incredible to feel all this love floating in the air, and I know that Glenn felt it too.
The show seemed to be finished, and all the people stayed there acclaiming him... then, he went again on the stage for the encore. He sang "Blue Jade", "Seventh Star" and "Burn"... and all the people sang with him. And there was another gift for me: he put in my hand one of his picks... wow!!, in spite of the music I could hear my heart beating.
When the show finished, Glenn told us that he will be signing in the venue and some people stayed there to have their tickets signed with a big smile in their faces.
Then, I stayed on the queue and, when Glenn saw me, he stood up and gave me a big embrace and asked me to go to his room with Sergio to have a little meeting after the signing... remember that I was flouting through the clouds and all these thing seemed a dream for me :-). So we go uptairs and we met J.J. Marsh, Lasse Pollack and Tomas Broman there. They were very kind with us, it was a pleasure to meet all of them; thanks for your patience with our bad english and for your kindness with us. We also met Glenn's promoter and some of his assistants and we only saw people smiling and having fun with their work; there was a beautiful atmosphere in this room. Some minutes after, Glenn went into this room, and we fused in an embrace again... I could feel his love in these embraces; now I can't express with words all the feelings that I felt at this time; it was a mix of love, peace, sweetness, affection,... All of us know that Glenn is a great singer an musician (the best, to be honest :-)) but I have to say that he is even better as person; perhaps you think that I'm exaggerating but I can feel a lot of love and peace when I was with him; I can say that he is one of the sweetest persons I've met in my life.
We were talking some time about a lot of different things (these are the times when I'd want to speak english better than I do because it's very difficult for me to express myself in english like I do in spanish and there was a lot of things that I wanted to tell him and I couldn't tell because of the language and my excitement... but I hope that he could read all these things in my eyes that were sparkling because of the emotion). After some time talking, we suggested to leave him alone because the next day they had to travel to Pamplona for their show in this city and they had to rest. Then he signed us some cd covers and the photo that we took the first time that he came to Spain... we took some photos with him (I'll post these photos tomorrow) and it was the time to say goodbye, it's time for waking up of this beautiful dream. But this night will be allways on my mind, I'll never forget all the special things that happened to me... I don't know the way to return all these gifts to Glenn.
The only thing I can say is THANK YOU, Glenn, thank you for ALL... and, believe me, you don't have to thank me for nothing because the only thing I do is to give you all the love and support that I can... and it's impossible for me not to love you, because you have a piece of my heart with you and nothing could turn it back.
Love.
Esther Leal Pareja.

Old Sep-28-2003, 1:48 PM

USA

Muchas gracias para su bien reportaje de glenn's show en espana! Me gusta mucho...

Thank you very much for your good report of glenns show in Spain. I like it very much.

Nice to hear that Blue Jade is in the set.

John
Old Sep-28-2003, 2:19 PM

USA

Esther, that was a very sweet, emotional review of Glenn's show. Your English is better than my Spanish, and your words made me remember how I have felt seeing Glenn sing.

"I don't know how he gets it, but when he's singing (also in the albums, but specially on stage) you can feel the music flooding your body, traveling through your veins and filling your heart... I don't know if I've expressed it correctly, but this is the best words I've found to explain the sensation I've usually got when Glenn is singing."

That says it all, doesn't it?

Cheers...Todd
Old Sep-28-2003, 10:00 PM

UK

Wonderful, Esther. Lots of passion, emotion and most of all pride for Glenn and his music (and his persona). I could feel your excitement. And yes, your English is wonderful compared to my Spanish.

Thanks for your review.
Old Sep-28-2003, 11:53 PM

USA

Yes Todd I agree, Esther those words are probably the best representation of how I also feel when I hear Glenn sing.

John
Old Sep-29-2003, 1:03 AM

Japan

Yes, I agree, too. Glenn always stunns me with his incredible voice, especially in live!

Great review, Esther. And, the set list seems a good mixture of old and new songs!

Ko
Old Sep-29-2003, 1:45 AM

USA

Great review Esther! You expressed well what it is like to see Glenn live, and the extra effort he puts through to his dedicated fans, he always likes to make you feel special, another one of his gifts!

Kat
Old Sep-29-2003, 10:07 AM

Spain

Hi all again!!!
First of all, I want to thank you for your kind words about my "chronic"... I'm very happy that you liked it :-).
These are the photos that we've took this special nigth:
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
LiveReviews_ChronicoftheGlennshow-1.jpg  
Old Sep-29-2003, 10:12 AM

Spain

This is my boyfriend Sergio, who share the good taste in music with me :-).
LiveReviews_ChronicoftheGlennshow-2.jpg  
Old Sep-29-2003, 11:40 AM

Spain

An the last one... you can see in this photo how exhausting can be a show (look at Tomas hehe).
I want to approach to thank JJ for his kindness... you're great, man!!!!.
Love to all.
Esther.
LiveReviews_ChronicoftheGlennshow-3.jpg  
Old Oct-21-2003, 10:28 PM

Spain

HOLA ESTHER!!

Somos Monica y Montse de Barcelona, nosotras tambien tuvimos una gran noche. Cada ano que viene Glenn a Espana no nos perdemos ni un concierto. Este ha sido el tercero y la verdad es que son de PUTA MADRE!!. Para nosotras, Glenn y JJ son los músicos más amables y sencillos que jamas hayamos conocido...En fin, y ya no te digo como músicos....LOS MEJORES!!, bueno, ya los sabes
Tambien nos encanta que publiquen cada ano nuestras fotos, es genial porque no muchos hacen eso. Bueno, ahora ha sido el turno de disfrutar para los ingleses, y parece ser que lo han hecho...Solo nos queda esperar al ano que viene cuando toquen de nuevo con JL Turner.
HASTA PRONTO

MONTSE Y MONICA
Old Oct-21-2003, 11:09 PM

USA

Viva el Cantante Y Musico Mejor de El Mundo.......GLENN HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JH

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures

Share Thread

Tags
albums, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, Pix, solo, tour