g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar-18-2007, 9:28 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - March 18th, 2007

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - March 18th, 2007

David: Afternoon everyone!

Shirean: Hi all

Dani California: Hi David, hi Shirean

David: Hi Dani

Dani California: how are you my friends?

Shirean: doing good

Shirean: How about you?

Dani California: i am totaly sad and depressed I am in mourning because yesterday early in the morning here in Sofia one of my great friends - his name is EMIL, was crashed in car accident and he is dead So unfortunately my weekend is terrible I can't stop to cry We are friends from sixteen years ago, and now he is no more

captmidnite1962: Good afternoon everyone!

Dani California: hi

captmidnite1962: Hello Dani

Shirean: sorry about your loss Dani

David: yeah, sorry to hear that Dani

David: Afternoon Capt'n - very quiet today, but hopefully others will make an appearance shortly!

captmidnite1962: I hear you David...the bus should be here soon!

captmidnite1962: Which gig in the US are you going to?

Dani California: THANKS Shirean

David: Ummm, both - silly question Bill

David: It's been 6 long years, we just 'gotta do both!

captmidnite1962: I talked to my brother in NY..I am getting tickets for us

David: Cool!

Shirean: See you there Bill

David: Kenny & Carolyn will be there also, plus Grace and a bunch of others...

captmidnite1962: I would do both if I had the money...Logistically it wouldn't be that tough!

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah..Kenny and Carolyn are hearing the siren song of the bagel!!

David: The LA one is cheaper ticket-wise, but travellin' is more obviously...

captmidnite1962: Yes....How far were we from the Whiskey when we went to the DVD shoot...we were at the Dublin Pub and the HOB

David: Will be cool to see Chad too.

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah..that is too cool!

David: HOB is about 10-15 minute walk from the Whisky or 2-3 by cab if I remember correctly

captmidnite1962: I can drive to NY...even take the train

captmidnite1962: I thought we were close

captmidnite1962: Will there possibly be other US gigs announced...is it just a matter of closing the various bookings?

David: Possibly later in the year, think it really depends how these 2 are received

David: So just the 2 at the moment, to answer your question

captmidnite1962: That is great news....I could say i would wait for other gigs to be announced that might be closer...but better to make the trip now!

David: Yep, as these are definitely happening

captmidnite1962: I was thinking about Glenn's response to the summer Van Halen tour..He said it was a train wreck waiting to happen...That train never got out of the station!

Shirean:

David: Will just have to keep our fingers crossed if others materialize at some other point in time.

captmidnite1962: Oh sure..a Florida gig would be likely would it not??

captmidnite1962: And...B.B. King's is a few notches up the ladder from The Voodoo Lounge

David: Yeah, it was a complete embarrassment to watch that Awards show the other night. Although kudos to Anthony/Hagar for showing up - although they sounded awful when they jammed.

captmidnite1962: I heard that the VL was so rough...they frisked you for weapons at the door..and if you were clean they gave you one!

captmidnite1962: I didn't see the show...yes, they took the high road

David: Yeah, sure would be nice to drive to a GH solo gig!

Shirean: Keep dreaming David

captmidnite1962: Aw c'mon Shirean!!

captmidnite1962: If I were to guess...wouldn't Texas be another candidate for a show?

David: We'll have to wait and see

David: It's all down to support & promoters who need to step up to the plate - touring here is not as simple as in Europe. Remember it's like 1993 for GH over here, as far as where he's at. It's starting from square one, just like he did in Europe all those years ago.....

captmidnite1962: I would love to get a show closer to me...which would be the Washington DC area...

captmidnite1962: I hear you David....here's hoping things really lift off!!

captmidnite1962: But I am taking what is being served up!!

David: at least now he's getting good exposure - that's the first step, we'll see just how far it can go - so far so good

captmidnite1962: Any excuse to go back to my home turf!

David: Exactly Captn - grab it while it's hot

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah....

captmidnite1962: How have things been going over in Russia?

captmidnite1962: And we all know about the US touring situation...Robin Trower couldn't do anything here since 2001...but last year he had a great tour from the reports I read

captmidnite1962: A lot of the "classic rock" acts end up doing the corndog circuit

captmidnite1962: State fairs, biker rallys...that sort

David: Apparently the Russian tour was his most successful one yet - big venues, big crowds, they're chomping at the bit for a DP MK.III reunion over there, more so than everywhere else apparently.

David: If you look in the "Video" section of the Gallery there are some short video clips of a couple of performances over the last couple of weeks.

captmidnite1962: Sorry about that.....got bumped!

David: Didn't you switch to Broadband Bill? Or are you still on dial-up at the moment?

captmidnite1962: I have cable..I opened a new tab and closed the chat by accident...and yes..let's hear it for cable!!

captmidnite1962: I downloaded a concert from DGM Live yesterday....King Crimson in 1974...try THAT with dial-up!

captmidnite1962: I will PM you regarding the Now Playing program...I can finally use it!

David: Ok, good - should be easy enough to set you up.

David: Cool! Well be sure to checkout the "Video" section in the "Gallery", lots of good stuff in there.

captmidnite1962: Oh I have been..it has been great!!

David: Hi wolfy

captmidnite1962: Hey Wolfy!!

wolfysmith: Hi David, Shirean, Dani & Bill!

wolfysmith: where is everyone?

captmidnite1962: I saw the updates on Mel's site...it is so cool that the site has had so many hits!

David: All quiet today for some reason....

David: no doubt everyone will show up 5 minutes before we end!

captmidnite1962: Obviously..people remember him!!

wolfysmith: Bill, both Trapeze and Mel had over 70 add requests when i got back.

captmidnite1962: Great news....I bet Mel is chuffed...love that expression!!

wolfysmith: Meeting him next Saturday to show him my holiday pics - all 500 of them! LOL

Shirean:

captmidnite1962: Oh man..that must have been a great trip!

wolfysmith: A week with Chip, then 4 nights in San Diego, Disney for 4 nights, then 5 in Santa Monica. Did the LA tour and saw the stars houses in the Hills. Not Chad's tho.

captmidnite1962: The Trapezium must be quite the sight!

captmidnite1962: And all without spilling a drop, right?

wolfysmith: just posted a few pics under The Brits are Coming topic.

David: FYI - you can post up to 9 in one post wolfy

captmidnite1962: I will check them out

David: Hi Grace

captmidnite1962: Hello Grace!!

wolfysmith: Hey Grammy!

David: So you won't be at the London show next week wolfy?

captmidnite1962: Are you psyched for June 4th Grace?

Grace: Boy, did I have a hassle loggin in.....it kept saying that my password was wrong

David: user error, eh

captmidnite1962: You mean..it isn't "axemurderer"

Grace: yet, here I am, hello everyone

wolfysmith: No David. i thought about it but it just cant fit in to my plans. But seriously considering flying to LA in June and then across to NY and back to UK from there.

captmidnite1962: I am looking forward to it...I haven't spent any time in NY..apart from a job interview last year...since 2002

wolfysmith: I'm relying on some UK shows in September.

Grace: ax murderer is the LAST WORD you will ever hear, captain

David: You should do it if you can wolfy - will be well worth it, especially with the current exchange rate for you! Sucks for us though!!

captmidnite1962: The euro is mightier than the dollar is it?

wolfysmith: Grace

Grace: .........ah, discussion of the US tour, huh?

David: $2 for every 1

captmidnite1962: ow!!

wolfysmith: Bill, we dont have the Euro - still got the pound and its worth about $1.93

captmidnite1962: OK...I should be paying attention!!

wolfysmith: just heard from Pete Stanford and he says he'll be here soon.

captmidnite1962: I have to get a passport...now that you need one to gop to Mexico, Canada and the Bahamas

Grace: you'll never know until it's too late.......

Grace: yeah, I forgot that the chat was today

captmidnite1962: Hmm...you were right David....I can hear the bus coming now!

wolfysmith: The only thing i worry about David is paying for flights and hotels and something going wrong and both shows being cancelled.

Grace: question, David??????

David: guess the Neon signs need new bulbs

captmidnite1962: I hear that Wolfy...that would be supremely bogus!

David: That ain't going happen - they've been planned for a while now - they're not last minute gigs...but things happen as you know, but if I were you I'd do it, it's really a no brainer

captmidnite1962: NYC or bust!!!

Dani California: HELLO AGAIN MY FRIENDS,I AM BACK.

wolfysmith: and if i wait for a last minute deal to make sure they are both happening all the tickets will probably be gone!

captmidnite1962: Hello Dani!

Grace: I have a funny feeling, call it intuition......and please.....nobody blame me, OK?

David: Hi Dani, thought we'd lost you there for a minute.

David: Hi Pete

Pete: hey groovers

Dani California: hi Pete

captmidnite1962: I was thinking of waiting for more gigs to be announced..but as David said earlier..better to strike while the iron is hot!

wolfysmith: Hey Pete, what a suprise you made it.

Pete: thanks wolfy for the call....tee hee

Dani California: how are you wolfy?

captmidnite1962: Would i be correct in assuming that B.B. Kings has a no-photo policy?

Pete: hey Dani hope you're ok

David: Since these gigs are so rare here, the more that can get to them the better - for him and us!!

wolfysmith: Im fine but still jetlagged Dani. woke at 10.45 this morning.

David: I hope not Bill - think Grace was looking in to that, right Grace?

Dani California: i am not ok but hope soon to be ok

Grace: I think that Glenn's US tour is more for the record company executives for our boy to show them what he's got. The record company suits are ALL either in NY or LA.....not that GH doesn't want to tour the entire country, only I feel that THIS TOUR just isn't it. Please tell me that I'm wrong.

captmidnite1962: If i hear about an axe murder in NY...that will answer my question!

Pete: you will Dani

wolfysmith: i know Chad is doing LA but what about NY. and is Jeff playing too, any details yet David?

David: You're right Grace - this is hopefully just a warm up for more later

Grace: I got an e-mail answer from BB King's web site......they do allow photographs, BUT no flash....so how are the pictures supposed to come out?

David: Hopefully that's true for the Whisky too.

David: As far as I'm aware it's Mark, Jeff and Anders in NYC. But I don't know for sure at the moment.

David: But Jeff will do both gigs.

Pete: Grace bring a very big torch...tee hee

David: Thanks for the info Grace

wolfysmith: you'll just have to set the camera to Video mode instead Grace

David: exactly wolfy

wolfysmith: i havent been to a single UK gig where cameras were banned.

Pete: why no flash tho?

Grace: that's why I prefer airpot concerts....better lighting with all those windows

Dani California: hey my friends, i have bad news Unfortunately I can't come in London, because on march 23,24 and 25 is my last examintions for my driver licence, and I can't change this dates

David: unfortunately it's very different here wolfy....

David: sorry to hear that Dani, you will be missed.

wolfysmith: Shame Dani, come over in September.

Dani California: i am very sad that i will not see all of you

David: talking of video - really digging the "Monkey Man" clip, one of his best so far I think.

Dani California: GREAT I WILL COME IN SEPTEMBER

wolfysmith: Any idea when more dates will be announced David. Chip and Todd need UK dates ASAP to see if they can make it over.

David: Nothing has been in September has been announced yet, if anything, it will be a little later on, so hold off on making any plans!

Grace: I guess "no flash" is so that we don't make somebody flash-blind, and then they'll step off the stage, fall down and go boom, huh?

Pete: hey thats near my birthday too

Pete: ahhhh i see

captmidnite1962: I have found that a digital camera works well with ambient light..i didn't use the flash at all at velvet Sessions

Grace: but it means that my pictures won't come out, with things too dark BOO HOO

David: I don't know wolfy, but they'll be before Christmas! They'll also probably be in places he hasn't played before or not for a long while at least.....

captmidnite1962: That little Sony digicam I have is just killer...takes great indoor pics

Grace: I have a great Nikon N60, but it's not digital

Grace: Bill: Sony digicam - just killer, huh?

David: Oohhh, that's what I like to see - just got an email from Ticketmaster reminding me that the Whisky tix go onsale at 1:00PM PDT tomorrow

wolfysmith: the new nikon i bought in Scottsdale is amazing. Chip was so impressed he bought one himself!

Grace: Guess what I'm thinking? Heh, heh, heh.

captmidnite1962: No problem Grace...I can always share!!

Grace: David....I just back-read what you wrote. I'm right? This....IS.... just a warm up for more later? So they're will only be these 2 shows - NY and LA?

Grace: As they say on Family Feud, Bill.....GOOD ANSWER

David: For now Grace, yes. Hopefully they'll be some "smart" and hungry promoters in the crowd who will realize what we've known for years and they'll have the paperwork in hand!!

David: So the more folks who can show up for these 2 gigs the better - it all helps - us and him!

Pete: well you guys in the US really do deserve more GH gigs

wolfysmith: I'm sure the South where Trapeze were big would be interested in some GH shows

David: You would think, but no bites from anyone yet.

Grace: I knew it. Usually one location is announced, then quickly followed by a lot of other places. I can definitely understand Glenn's strategy, but the fans in Nebraska are gonna' go crazy

David: they just need a kick start.....which hopefully is what will happen in June.

David: And remember, it's not 1973 with wads of $$ to jet around the place - unfortunately.....as I said earlier it's like Europe was in 1993 or so - he's starting from scratch over here.....

Grace: ...make that an ax start, David

wolfysmith: I'd have thought that having Chad on the LA show would mean a sold out show. it says "tickets on the door" on the advert.

David: That's just how they do it over here wolfy - if it's sold in advance, it's sold out on the night!

Grace: you're right, Glenn has TO PROVE to these idiots that he the best he's ever been NOW. And to get these dopes to throw out the newspaper clippings from the 1970s

wolfysmith: Acuatally, the LA show would be a good one to film for his next DVD. Jeff and Chad both know his setlist and are red hot (chili!) live performers.

David: a great suggestion wolfy

Grace: yeah.......just like those students at the Musician's Institute DON'T give anybody a standing ovation, HUH?

David: although we're going to be DVD'd out around about that time

David: what with the Oz acoustic set and also the Rome gig being released....

Grace: hey.......who said a DVD of LA? That's just a practice session for New York, 2 days later

David: although more is always a good thing!

wolfysmith: Record both for a double DVD release!

Grace: I think that Glenn owes us all money.......gotta' keep buying more shelves for our GH collections!

Grace: OK, I'll buy a 2 DVD set, too

wolfysmith: Im gonna buy an LA ticket just in case i make it over - its little over 2 months away and i see that Glenn's last Italy show is May 19th so he has a decent rest period before the shows.

David: Don't forget, he's also doing that Ken Hensley gig the week before in Germany, but yeah, he'll be rarin' to go

captmidnite1962: That should be a cool gig...i remember Glenn asying that he and Mister Hensley have known each other since around 1970

David: be sure and buy your gig ticket tomorrow then wolfy, as they might be all sold out before you buy the plane ride!

David: they go on sale at 6pm GMT

David: Yeah John Lawton will also be on hand

Grace: have you heard how Glenn's doing with all of those travel connections that he HAS to make? That schedule is a monster....and flying through different weather conditions worries me a lot

David: he made it home ok, haven't heard any horror stories!

wolfysmith: It snowed on and off here today Grace!

captmidnite1962: I had asked earlier how things in Russia were going...might have missed your answer when i went offline briefly

Grace: the airports in NY closed down with the recent snowstorm we had here in NY - thursday and friday - lots of ice

David: it was -27 degrees over there last week apparently!

David: I hope those storms clear up next week as I have to go thru DC - that would suck to get stuck there!

wolfysmith: It was 90F in Santa Monica last Monday!

David: 'Gotta luv that wolfy

Grace: we had a day of 60 degrees (F) and then the ice/snowstorm.....and Russia isn't exactly tropical

David: Bye Dani!

David: Pete will you be in London next week?

Pete: no i'm afraid not David...

Pete: they won't let me out of work...boo hoo

David: That's a shame

Grace: oops....it's almost 6:00pm David. time for one last complaint from me.....how come you got rid of those really neat blue bowling pins for each of us, and replaced them with these beige smiley faces wearing blue t-shirts? I protest!!!!

Pete: but...will catch Glenn later in the year

David: Hahaa Grace - 'outta of our control unfortunately!

David: We use a 3rd party for the CHAT and they recently "upgraded" the software, so things changed ever so slightly....including those chess pieces!

Pete: looooooooollllaaaaaaaaaa

Grace: yeah, sez you................

Pete: ok guys...gotta shoot

Pete: take care and catch you soon

Grace: take care Pete, we expect more great music from you

David: Ok see you next time Pete

Grace: blah, blah.........OK, I'll pretend to believe you

Shirean: Bye all gotta start dinner now

David: Have to go in 5 mins - sorry all, but it was a late start for most of you

captmidnite1962: OK...I am off too...but will get my plans to gether to see Glenn in NYC....That will be a blast!!

David: Look forward to seeing you Bill, it's been a while.

captmidnite1962: Too long...take care folks!!

Grace: OK..........so the plan is NOW for everbody to bring an ax with us, and find out who in the NY audience is a record producer/booking agent, right?

David: Hopefully it'll be a nice Summer's day come June 4th.

wolfysmith: I thought it was 9pm till 11pm

David: Well be nice to them Grace!

David: it's 11:03pm with you right?

wolfysmith: not here! your clocks went back when we were in the USA. its 22.04 here!

David: Hi Tony, we're just closing things out, so if you have a question, now's the time to ask

Grace: all kidding aside, it makes us all so angry at the state of music today, and GH can't get arrested. well, actually he COULD get arrested, but that's another story, huh?

tony g: its cool just got home from work

tony g: any more tour dates?

wolfysmith: stand by for all the "I forgot" messages tomorrow David

David: No just the 2 for now - read the transcript for more info.....

tony g: ok cool

David: used to it by now wolfy that's why I mentioned the Neon sign lightbulb reference earlier

wolfysmith: Hey Grace, have you seen the new pics i added to "the brits are coming". just for you. will email some to you this week - hopefully!

David: so do the UK clocks change soon wolfy? If so, when?

Grace: OK, everybody.......thanks for the chat today David, we appreciate it

tony g: ok be cool GH peoples

wolfysmith: Clocks go back 1 hour next Saturday night

David: like at 2am or Midnight?

Grace: can't get enough pictures............they make us GHCPs feel so close, and it helps when we need to ID you to the cops

wolfysmith: yeah, 2:00AM officially so really on Sunday morning i guess

Grace: you've got a beautiful little girl there, Paul

David: just curious as my plane gets in late that night, so don't want it to mess up my internal clock or head too much!

Grace: take care everybody...........bye for now

David: bye Grace

wolfysmith: I forgot, you're coming over for the London show! You should go via Rotterdam David.

David: Couldn't swing it unfortunately....

David: But it should be a good night all the same, although seeing one, always leaves you wanting more! So will just have to be patient for June!

wolfysmith: I'll say goodnight and let you go David. sorry more couldnt make tonight. Maybe i'll see you in June.

wolfysmith: Cheers and Good Night

David: Would be cool to see you here for a change! Be sure and get your gig tix before the plane ticket....they're on sale tomorrow!

David: The next Monthly CHAT is on Sunday, April 15th at the usual time, 1:00PM....now EDT!!

David: Bye for now!
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat031807.txt (21.6 KB, 1 views)

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
1970, 1973, 1974, 1993, 2001, 2002, 2007, classic rock, David, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, London, Shirean, solo, tour, Trapeze, Video, Whisky