g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan-11-2007, 9:10 AM

Germany

Lightbulb A Trapeze Song Question

Hello,

who played the piano parts on "Don't Break My Heart" of Trapeze-Hold On 78?

Bye
Old Jan-11-2007, 3:21 PM

USA

I would venture to say Terry Rowley........he did most of the keyboards on their albums.....(even after he left the line-up)
Old Jan-11-2007, 3:32 PM

USA

Icon34 Roll the credits....

Terry Rowley gets a "Thank You" on the credits of the Hold On CD that I have....so Chutsler is right, I am sure. I do believe that Terry Rowley played keyboards on the 1976 US shows as well.

Hope that helps you out!!

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Jan-13-2007, 3:09 PM

UK

i asked Mel today and he said he's pretty sure that it was actually "Rabbit". In other words John Bundrick, best known for his work with The Who.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Jan-13-2007, 3:34 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
...it was actually "Rabbit". In other words John Bundrick, best known for his work with The Who.

...and Free and Paul Kossoff (when solo).
Old Jan-13-2007, 5:34 PM

USA

Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
i asked Mel today and he said he's pretty sure that it was actually "Rabbit". In other words John Bundrick, best known for his work with The Who.

Wolfy, pardon my French....bull****....Rabbit's not listed on the credits.......
Old Jan-13-2007, 6:11 PM

USA

Icon32

Originally Posted by David View Post
...and Free and Paul Kossoff (when solo).

...and Back Street Crawler / Crawler.

Chip
Old Jan-13-2007, 7:19 PM

Ireland

chutsler - actually he was their keyboardist for many of The Who tours, in addition to playing on subsequent solo releases by The Who members, Pete Townshend (1980's Empty Glass , 1985's White City: A Novel , 1989's Iron Man: A Musical ) and Roger Daltrey (1980's McVicar , 1994's Celebration: The Music of the Who ).
Old Jan-14-2007, 7:45 AM

USA

Icon33 He lives and breathes music

John "Rabbit" Bundrick.....if you were to ever get a complete list of all the session work he has done it would be staggering in its breadth. It was Rabbit's full plate of session work that was one of the reasons that the tentative plans for the follow up album to Heartbreaker never came to pass. I think it was Simon Kirke who remarked something to the effect that Rabbit would just wither up and die if he couldn't pursue his muse....Koss loved having Rabbit in Free; the addition of his keys filled in a lot of frequencies and Rabbit certainly brought some strong tunes to the table such as "Muddy Water" and especially "Common Mortal Man".

And Rabbit also was able to conquer a crippling alcohol addiction in the mid 90's. He tells a story of how John Entwistle told him how much The Ox admired him for being able to beat his addiction....and that Entwistle wished that he was able to do the same...Rabbit made an entire CD of songs that was inspired by John Entwistle and his web site has a lot of archival material for sale.

But back to Trapeze......

Terry Rowley does get a "Thank You" in the credits...I assumed that to mean that he played keys on the record.

Oh yes, one other thing.....Crawler was a dynamite live band too....I have a live CD they did....great stuff!!

Old Jan-14-2007, 8:11 AM

USA

Icon32

Originally Posted by Paul View Post
chutsler - actually he was their keyboardist for many of The Who tours, in addition to playing on subsequent solo releases by The Who members, Pete Townshend (1980's Empty Glass , 1985's White City: A Novel , 1989's Iron Man: A Musical ) and Roger Daltrey (1980's McVicar , 1994's Celebration: The Music of the Who ).

Bundrick not having an album credit is what I think Chuck was talking about when he called bull**** on Wolfy

I dont' know how guys like Glenn and Mel remember all this stuff.
Myself, I barely remember yesterday

Chip
Old Jan-14-2007, 8:33 AM

USA

Thanks Chip, that's exactly what I meant.....I didn't mean for it to sound so harsh.....Wolfy, my apologies!! Bill and Paul, you don't have to tell me about 'Rab'.....I'm a MAJOR FREE FAN as well as a MAJOR TRAPEZE FAN!!!! I've just never seen Rabbit's name mentioned doing Trapeze sessions (of course, that's not to say he didn't...). Back to Free.....I pride myself in having quite the extensive Free Family Tree collection..........
Old Jan-14-2007, 9:44 AM

USA

New Free DVD/CD packages

Hey Chutsler,

I imagine that you have purchased..or will purchase the Free Forever DVD collection and the Free BBC CD collection. I bought the Best Of Free VHS collection years back....the footage on there was just dynamite....the Isle Of Wight and the Granada TV program was just amazing stuff...and the footage was in really great shape! I think that only 3 songs at the IOW were actually filmed but on the new DVD the have the audio recoding of the rest of their set and have still photos running as a slide show...And I would lover to see the interviews with Messrs. Rodgers, Kirke and Fraser. According to Classic Rock, Andy Fraser wanted to perform and record the surviving members playing several songs with a guitarist (rumored to be Slash); Simon was interested but Paul was not...

I will have to add them to my shopping list....

Old Jan-14-2007, 11:13 AM

UK

Well Chutsler,

I think Mel would know as he was in the band!

He couldnt actually remember Rabbit's real name thats what everyone knew him as.

He said Terry Rowley did the arrangements but said Rabbit played in the recording sessions.
Or so he thinks ......it was over 25 years ago!

Why dont you ask him yourself next Sunday on the Chat

Meanwhile, i'll pass on your comments

Old Jan-14-2007, 12:19 PM

USA

"Why dont you ask him yourself next Sunday on the Chat"

Wolfy, that's just what I intend to do......brrrrr.....is it me or was there icicles dangling from your sentences in that reply? I apologised, again, I'm sorry for the way it came off. Cheers! Chuck
Old Jan-14-2007, 12:26 PM

USA

Bill, I purchased the Live BBC CD and Free Forever DVD as soon as they were available! My only complaint.....the video for Wishing Well was totally bogus....it was an MTV 80's style video with some kind of idiotic storyline involving a chick and some leather-jacketed Romeo and a Freightliner truck! Figure that one out! What it had to do with Free is beyond me.....whoever included it in the dvd should be put up against a wall and shot! The Free footage is the best quality I've seen yet!!!
Old Jan-14-2007, 1:44 PM

Austria

more about Rabbit and actually Snowy White

.... thought I'd throw in this one - comes highly recommended, even if the title of my little contribution here may sound like a fairy tale:

Through the 90s Rabbit played in guitarist's Snowy White's band, The White Flames.
"Highway To The Sun" (1994) also has guest appearances by Gary Moore, Chris Rea and David Gilmour, "No Faith Required" (1996) and "Little Wing" (1998) are both fantastic albums.

White played with Al Stewart in the Seventies and was in Pink Floyd's touring band later in the same decade. He even got to play a guitar solo on Floyd's Pigs On The Wing that was eventually edited out!

After playing with Peter Green on his 1979 comeback LP "In The Skies" he joined Thin Lizzy in 1980, replacing Gary Moore but quietly dropped out in 1982, never having gotten acquainted (can you blame him?) with the band's (especially Lynott's and Scott Gorham's heroin addiction - caused) lifestyle.

Had a surprise UK hit-single with the wonderful Bird Of Paradise in 1983 - one of the best guitar solos I know on this one (on the 5 min.+ version only though!)

There is loads more to say about Snowy White, but that's not the topic.
He's an excellent guitar player, check out his work if you like.

Cheers,
Christian

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Old Jan-15-2007, 2:11 PM

UK

Hey Chuck, dont worry, i wont set grace on you

I put plenty of "smilies" in my reply so you'd know i didnt take offence. There's plenty of people not credited for work they did or songs they wrote. The Slide it In album with Mel being a case in point. Just ask Micky Moody how he feels about being wiped from the USA version!

I'll warn Mel you're gonna ask him about it!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
1976, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1998, addiction, album, albums, classic rock, David, glenn, keys, solo, Trapeze, Video