g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct-24-2006, 2:14 PM

UK

Sad/UnHappy Shepherds Bush Empire cancelled

Once again a London show called off at the last minute, why? I have moved mountains to see Glenn on this tour to find that he is palying the other to shows in the UK but not the London one. This is the same situation the last time he came over, I am dissapointed that he is not playing but more pissed that no decent explanation has been given, can anyone shine a light on proceedings, thanks
Old Oct-24-2006, 2:31 PM

UK

Icon34

Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Once again a London show called off at the last minute, why? I have moved mountains to see Glenn on this tour to find that he is palying the other to shows in the UK but not the London one. This is the same situation the last time he came over, I am dissapointed that he is not playing but more pissed that no decent explanation has been given, can anyone shine a light on proceedings, thanks

I´m sure that this was out of Glenn´s hands as I know that he was really looking forward to this show.
As the official statement from the management says the show has been postponed due to "unforeseen circumstances" and was only known a matter of hours ago.

Rob

www.myspace.com/englishrob
Old Oct-24-2006, 3:14 PM

UK

must be something important cos The Empire themselves have been advertising the show quite a bit.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Oct-24-2006, 4:18 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
Have heard March 25th as possible rescheduled date, but have not had that confirmed from management. Once it's firm, you will of course, see it here.
Old Oct-24-2006, 11:29 PM

UK

Shepherds Push

Well guys my guess is that they have not sold enought tickets. Its a 2000 capacity and I fear Glenn would not sell enough. Obviously I do hope this is not the case, but I bet the resheduled date will involve either Chad or John Frushante to boost sales! Would also explain why the shows either side are going ahead.

I too had planned a weekend around the London show
Old Oct-24-2006, 11:52 PM

France

Same for me. We have scheduled a 4 days trip to London (we are coming from France) especially to see Glenn at Shepherds Bush. Am so disapointed...
Old Oct-25-2006, 1:04 AM

Sweden

Still going there, Harry?
Old Oct-25-2006, 2:43 AM

UK

Oh no I'm so gutted!! I was so looking forward to it..

Just hope they don't reschedule the same night as Journey.....

alibongo's Sig:
Old Oct-25-2006, 3:32 AM

France

Icon23

Originally Posted by danielb View Post
Still going there, Harry?

Yes, Daniel. We are still going as we have planned everything (non refundable plane tickets and hotel accomodation...). But it's always a great pleasure to spend some days (and money at HMV...) in London. We'll also be going to see Southside Johnny at the Astoria on Friday night.
I think I will have the Glenn tickets refunded as we are not sure that we will be able to make it in march. Especially if the new date is not on a week end...
Old Oct-25-2006, 3:42 AM

France

By the way, guys, can anyone tell me how far is Dudley from London ? Maybe we could try and see Glenn in Dudley instead...
Thanks.
Nathalie
Old Oct-25-2006, 3:58 AM

UK

Harry, its a 2 hour drive straight up the M40, Bon Voyage !
Old Oct-25-2006, 4:04 AM

France

Thanks a lot for the info.. .Will think about it.
Not very easy for us to drive on the left side of the road....
Old Oct-25-2006, 6:25 AM

UK

Well just drive where ever you like, I went to France this summer and most people seemd to be doing that anyway !!!!
Only joking Nathalie x
Old Oct-25-2006, 6:37 AM

UK

Icon34

Absolutley gutted, I also think that not enough pre show tickets have been sold as the tour was announced late.

I only live approx 40 mins from the venue but I feel for all of you who have made special arrangements.

I now have to decide if I can go to Northampton on Tuesday!!!

I was really looking forward to seeing the new band and chances are this line up may not play the March show. damm!!!
Old Oct-25-2006, 7:30 AM

UK

Some of you that I have met at previous gigs in Dudley will know that I normally drive down from Glasgow to see Glenn.

This year, when the tour dates where announced, I decided to do something a bit different. I booked flights from Glasgow to London and bought a ticket for the Shepherd's Bush Empire gig. What a mistake that has turned out to be. I am now well out of pocket for flights to London that I don't need. I know that there will be many others who gave gone to considerable expense and effort to get to London.

I can't believe that the gig has been cancelled at such short notice. I hope that an official statement is released giving a very good reason for this.

So, Plan B has now been put in action and I will revert to what I've done in previous years by driving the 550 mile round trip to Dudley on Saturday. (More unexpected costs for petrol and another ticket). I'll be travelling with "musicman" that some of you may know from this forum.

Glenn - I know that you appreciate the efforts your fans make when coming to your shows. I'm sure there will be many people at the Dudley gig who originally intended on going to London. How about a big mention for us all from the stage on Saturday night.

I'm hoping for an amazing show in Dudley to make up for the disappointment about London.

See you in Dudley!

Ian
Old Oct-25-2006, 7:50 AM

France

Ian, maybe I'll see you there....As we will be in London anyway, maybe we will try and go to Dudley...I have to make a decision tomorrow morning at the latest. Need to rent a car and purchase the tickets...And also have to check that this gig is not going to cost us a fortune in the end...

Another question for you guys. Do you know if JBs accepts children inside the venue ? My husband and I were supposed to go to Shepherds Bush with our 9 years old niece. Everything was booked for her also... You can't imagine how disapointed she is...
I have seen on SEE TICKETS web site that they apply "age restrictions" below 18 years old. Is this also the case if the child is acompanied by an adult ? I sent them an E-mail but no answer yet...If anyone knows, please let me know.
Thanks to all of you for your kind help.
Old Oct-25-2006, 7:54 AM

USA

I know how many of you must feel, but at least Glenn is rescheduling the date and has other shows within a fairly close proximity. In 2005 I remember buying tickets and plane fare to Washington, DC and renting a car to go to Virginia to see MSG with Mountain.
After incurring the costs and actually being there, the show was cancelled by Michael Schenker, and no one was informed unless you had called the venue itself. This I did when I was in my ovberpriced hotel room checking the map so I could get there early enough to find a good viewing location.
Glenn, with the help of David here, has at least given some warning, and whatever the reason, I am sure it was something Glenn had little or no control over.
Glenn Hughes does not disappoint his fans !!!
Old Oct-25-2006, 8:17 AM

France

Originally Posted by FCinnella View Post
Glenn, with the help of David here, has at least given some warning, and whatever the reason, I am sure it was something Glenn had little or no control over.
Glenn Hughes does not disappoint his fans !!!

That's a good point. We are not disappointed by Glenn, of course. I am just very sad not to see and hear him in London.
Thanks to David, we were advised in advance otherwise, we would have experienced the same thing as you with MSG...At least we have 3 days left to think about a solution. Let's think positive !!!
Old Oct-25-2006, 8:23 AM

USA

Icon23 Oh the pain...the pain!

Hey Frank,

Was that the show this past January...I think it was supposed to be at Jaxx in Springfield? Oh man, I had no idea that the show didn't happen. For me, that is a good 3 1/2 haul what with the metro traffic. To travel all that way and then to be left sitting in your (probably overpriced!) hotel room was beyond a bummer I am sure!

Let's not get ourselves into a state of paralysis by analysis here....Firstly, I am sure it was out of Glenn's hands and the fact that they are going to schedule another date in the spring is a great sign.

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Oct-25-2006, 9:32 AM

UK

Originally Posted by Harry le chat View Post
Another question for you guys. Do you know if JBs accepts children inside the venue ? My husband and I were supposed to go to Shepherds Bush with our 9 years old niece. Everything was booked for her also... You can't imagine how disapointed she is...
I have seen on SEE TICKETS web site that they apply "age restrictions" below 18 years old. Is this also the case if the child is acompanied by an adult ? I sent them an E-mail but no answer yet...If anyone knows, please let me know.
Thanks to all of you for your kind help.

Hi Harry - I'm 100% sure they allow children in - I've been there many times when there are youngsters in. I think the deal is that they mustn't go into the bar area, (not even to buy you a drink - hard luck!) and they're only allowed in for the gig itself, not afterwards when it turns into Minnight-'Til-Three goth disco or whatever it is.
Old Oct-25-2006, 9:50 AM

France

Great news ! Thanks for the info...
Old Oct-25-2006, 10:54 AM

USA

Originally Posted by captmidnite1962 View Post
Hey Frank,

Was that the show this past January...I think it was supposed to be at Jaxx in Springfield? Oh man, I had no idea that the show didn't happen. For me, that is a good 3 1/2 haul what with the metro traffic. To travel all that way and then to be left sitting in your (probably overpriced!) hotel room was beyond a bummer I am sure!

That was the show at Jaxx. Michael decided he didn't want to play and that was all she wrote. He eventually gave some goofy, paranoid explanation on his website which left you even more perplexed.
At least in DC, much like London, a trip there is never a waste of time. You can always find lots to do and keep yourself busy.
Old Oct-25-2006, 12:12 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
Icon34 Confirmed...

Originally Posted by David View Post
Have heard March 25th as possible rescheduled date, but have not had that confirmed from management. Once it's firm, you will of course, see it here.

OK everyone - it's confirmed- Sunday, March 25th, 2007 for the rescheduled Shepherds Bush Empire, London show
Old Oct-25-2006, 12:15 PM

UK

Harry Le Chat, JJ Web could be right but i seriously suggest ringing JB's first. i have friends who were told they couldnt take their son in to a different gig 6 months ago. (cant remember who it was)
It may depend on the band.

If yes then check this link as another possibility for your travel from London

http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=70041475

Old Oct-25-2006, 12:27 PM

UK

Originally Posted by cameronip View Post
Some of you that I have met at previous gigs in Dudley will know that I normally drive down from Glasgow to see Glenn.

Ian

Yes i remember chatting to you. I couldnt believe you had driven that far. Now that is dedication to the cause.

I'll be in contact soon via PM.

Old Oct-25-2006, 12:39 PM

USA

Angry The GH Frustration Blues....

Add another frustrated GHCP to the list ...I'm over here in London on business, got tickets for the Shepherd's Bush show, only to have them cancelled ! ....Unfortunately, I cannot make the Dudley's show due to prior business commitments. At least I was able to see one show I had come over for, Level 42 at the Royal Albert... GREAT SHOW

Now I can only hope that Glenn does some shows in the U.S. for M4TD. Really odd that there are only 2 shows now for the UK, we keep hearing that M4TD is selling better than Soul Mover, but yet there were more shows to promote SM last year

I think its time for GH to start looking for new management/booking agents...because the current ones aren't getting the job done!
Old Oct-25-2006, 12:47 PM

UK

Originally Posted by David View Post
OK everyone - it's confirmed- Sunday, March 25th, 2007 for the rescheduled Shepherds Bush Empire, London show

Thanks for the quick update, David - at least it's another Sunday!

Cheers
Ben
Old Oct-25-2006, 1:11 PM

UK

Could do with the rest of the March dates being announced now too. what's the chances of that?

A couple of years back when the Deep Purple tour was scrapped due to illness after a couple of shows i had tickets for London and Birmingham. Found out the Hammersmith show was cancelled when i arrived at the venue!

Old Oct-25-2006, 2:55 PM

UK

Hey David, thank you for the update on the March show and thanks to you all for the positive response to my first thread. Although I am new to the group I've been a fan for many years, and have been inspired by Glenn's voice so much so that I have formed a Deep Purple tribute band. We play regular in London and have a gig coming up next week in Croydon, I know it's not Glenn but hey it's a bit of fun hope you all enjoy the Dudlay and Northapton show's, peace
Old Oct-25-2006, 6:16 PM

UK

This is quite gutting, it's a pretty long wait until the end of March...

Perhaps something horrible will happen to me on Sunday. On the last tour that Glenn rescheduled I ended up having Scarlet Fever on the original date so it worked out well.

Well if Glenn manages to get either Chad or John to play the gig I will forgive him with bells on!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
2000, 2005, 2007, 25th, Astoria, bands, book, David, Deep Purple, GHCP, glenn, Glenn Hughes, journey, London, MySpace, soul mover, tour