g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Keepin' Time

Keepin' Time Are you a songwriter or musician influenced by Glenn and his music? If you'd like to share your own musical compositions with us - you can do so here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct-17-2006, 8:51 AM

USA

Icon47 a few of my songs

http://www.drivehq.com/sharing/ShareLogon.aspx?key=294208/rogerlee

I like listening to them in reverse order for some reason, and hope you do, too. This is some of my songs that I recorded as a duet....John Slavic did vocals, all songs written 100% by me, and I played the guitar on all of them. It's mostly acoustic, mostly mellow Americana stuff. My style of lead playing that I enjoy is sort of between Larry Carlton and Eric Johnson, but when I sit down with an acoustic guitar and pen, my early folk and country influences come out and this is what I generally come up with. This has no bass or drums.

Although at first listen there are no obvious Trapeze/GH influence to a casual listener, I think everyone we as musicians grow up loving and listening to influences us in a positive way. I have always loved good songwriters, and GH is that....maybe that is his influence on me, in that I try to write about something close to me. I sure can't sing like him, but then no one can! LOL
Roger
Old Oct-17-2006, 12:35 PM

USA

Thumbs up Nice stuff

Listened and downloaded Track #4. I will be back for more...very nice song, look forward to hearing a few more.
Old Oct-17-2006, 1:13 PM

USA

Thanks Frank, I wrote that for my wife 12 or 13 years ago.

I should have added that there is some piano that John played in #5, and he played acoustic rythym on 1, 4 and 5, also, while I played lead only on those. 2 and 3 is just my acoustic and his vocal. I should have sung my own songs, but I have stopped singing in public. Too distracting for me. I send the songs to John to learn exactly the way I sing them, and he does a more consistent job. This recording was done with pretty much one take, all the way through, then I went over it and played two leads and we were done about as quick as it takes to listen to it. I wish I would have put some bass in it.

I appreciate your time, Frank.
Old Jan-29-2007, 7:19 PM

USA

great stuff

i like the stuff

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Keepin' Time

Share Thread

Tags
bass, drums, guitar, track, Trapeze