g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Video Got movie clips? Place them here, along with your gig Report!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep-30-2006, 5:14 PM

Spain

Thumbs up Excalibur Festival Spain

Glenn Hughes at Excalibur Fest, Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) ... or the night I cried three times!!

Just back home.... still shocked... stunned... amazed...spellbound...

First time....The most amazing and thrilling version of Mistreated I've ever heard... I couldnt believe what I was listening.. too perfect and moving to be true... I burst into tears for so much beauty... lol I needed all the tissues I had in my bag!

Second time... when he talked about a song he loved since he was a kid and then sang it so beautifully... A whiter shade of pale... oooooooohhhhhhh

and third time... You Keep on moving... wow...wow...wow

But Mistreated... I still get goosepimples only thinking about it

ok ok right now I'm too stunned to give a proper review... and set list, just to say he started with The Valiant Denial and the encore was Burn!!! lol

...and Glenn said he'll be back in Spain next spring!!! woooohhoooooooooo

... my bed is calling me!!!

more tomorrow... the day after the night I cried three times!!! loool

Spellbound Inmaculada xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Inmaculada's Sig:

http://www.myspace.com/inmaculada_gil
Old Sep-30-2006, 6:56 PM

UK

Sounds great! I can't wait for London! I hope we get A Whiter Shade Of Pale because as much as I love the Procal Harum version, Glenn's is on another level!
Old Sep-30-2006, 7:51 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Many thanks Inmaculada for staying up late and checking in for us all - really appreciate that Look forward to hearing more about it once you've recovered

I can see why you're tired, especially if you stayed to the very end - I understand Tony Martin closed the show, finishing up just before 3:00AM That's a long one for sure, but certainly good value for money!
Old Oct-01-2006, 2:45 AM

Sweden

Apparently a new drummer at the show... Does anyone know who it is? Will he be with them for the upcoming dates?
Old Oct-01-2006, 6:35 AM

Italy

Well sister...now you know what it felt like!!!!!!

When you finally do recover, share with us all what you told me about the new drummer......

xoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old Oct-01-2006, 8:23 AM

USA

great news -cant wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct-01-2006, 8:29 AM

Spain

Hi again!...not recovered yet! still shaking and spellbound, something that will never disappear...

David I wanted to see Tomy Martin, but my back and my feet disagreed... we stayed a while seeing Udo but we finally had to leave... we got exhausted after Glenn's concert!!!

And unfortunatelly we couldn't see Doro neither, she played at 18:00 and we had some problems and couldnt arrive on time... pity

Anyway...if I'm not wrong this was the set list:

The Valiant Denial
Monky Man
(Apologizing speech, for what happened last year in the Madrid concert..... no need to apologize Glenn!!!)
Orion
Black Light
Mistreated (with a fantastic JJ’s solo at the begining and all along the song)
Don’t Let Me Bleed
Gettin’ Tighter (dedicated to Tommy Bolin. Drums solo)
A Whiter Shade of Pale
Steppin On
You Keep On Moving

Encore:
Burn (after Glenn asked us for which song we wanted them to play and the whole audience shouted BURN!!)

After a short technical problem with the micro...Glenn spread all his soulfully powerful voice (I guess he maybe has his micro loudly programed to get all his sotto voces an pianos and all those "filigrees" he can make with his voice...but how many singers sing at 30 cms far from the micro, and sometimes even much farer!!!)

I've already talked about how he sang Mistreated yesterday so I won't bored you just saying again I'm still in shock...

Glenn introduced a new drummer, sorry I don't remember the name... Mark something maybe but don't recall...but Glenn said Chad Smith himself had recommended him that guy and Glenn said "if he's good for Chad then he's good for me!"

I'm just sorry for not meeting anybody of GHPG, it was not easy with all the people moving here and there...next time we'll have to arrange it before!!!

OK nothing much more to say than all of you who have been so lucky to see Glenn and the band in a live concert won't know... I'm still floating at the seventh sky

............ flying..........

I.xoxoxo

Inmaculada's Sig:

Old Oct-01-2006, 1:00 PM

UK

Oh cannot wait for Dudley
Old Oct-01-2006, 2:20 PM

Norway

Cool

Inmaculada have already told the most, an I can only confirm that it was a great show Glenn an the band performed here in Alcalá de Henares. Glenn was in great shape and the audience realy enjoyed this gig.

The sound was perfect and at a level thet let Glenns voice come to its right. Not to load but load enough

Talked (tried) with some of them and they were realy exited, ..could not understand any english words but sang along the text they had learned after so many times listening over and over.. also to newer stuff.

The new drummer did a great job also (I don´t remember the name eigther.) .. and Kjelle did some guitarplaying at the new songs.

I´ll post some pictures when I´m back in Norway at wednesday.

Summa sumarum ..a great consert!
Old Oct-01-2006, 5:46 PM

USA

Sounds like another great show.
Glenn never disappoints at any of his shows...excellent setlist also.
Old Oct-01-2006, 6:42 PM

Canada

My gilrfriend was at the gig as well and she had a blast! She was very impressed with Glenn. I am in Canada so I could not get away due to family business but I know I have to see him in Madrid the next time I am there.

Conrad's Sig:For ever learning.
Old Oct-01-2006, 7:35 PM

UK

Icon34

Originally Posted by danielb View Post
Apparently a new drummer at the show... Does anyone know who it is? Will he be with them for the upcoming dates?

His name is Mark Mondesir and he will be on the upcoming tour of Europe.

Rob
Old Oct-01-2006, 8:06 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Originally Posted by Englishrob View Post
His name is Mark Mondesir and he will be on the upcoming tour of Europe.

Rob

Let's try not to go too off topic here, but since Rob mentioned it

Quote:
Without doubt one of the UK's most extraordinary drumming talents, Mark Mondesir is simply a master of the kit. Born in East London, Mark is largely self-taught, a surprising fact to those who witness his incredible drum independence in action.

His career really took off when he turned 20 and he has since worked with an incredible line up of top artists including Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin, Courtney Pine, Julian Joseph, Kevin Eubanks, John Scofield, The London Symphony Orchestra, Joe Zawinul, Pee Wee Ellis and many more.

As well as playing drums, Mark is also involved in composing and is an extremely popular clinician.

More soon - meantime.....so where are your Excalibur pix Rob
Old Oct-02-2006, 2:37 AM

UK

Thank you for those reviews and glad you enjoyed your experience in the company of Big Daddy. But No Soul Mover! Agh I am going to have to get my protest banner ready for the UK tour. That is one hell of a song but great to see the best songs on M4TD being performed. Oh and Whiter Shade. You know when I saw him do that one last at Stoke, it brought tears to my eyes. That jump in octave when you are least expecting it and you think woah! Yep and Mistreated taken to its next level.
Old Oct-02-2006, 3:39 AM

France

Thanks a lot for the reviews
Can't wait to see and hear it for real in London. As it will be my first "Mistreated" live version and my first Glenn gig, I think I'd better fill my handbag with lots of tissues...Thanks for warning me, Inmaculada...
Old Oct-02-2006, 10:25 AM

Spain

HI!!!!

I think Inmaculada has told you everything, she has explain the feeling in a really good way. Thanks Inmaculada. I only want to add: Thanks Ainhoa for reading the Glenn's apologize, it wasn´t necessary, Glenn said that we are his family, ohhhh big dady.

The sound was really good, Glenn was all the concert showing us his powerfull voice, "The voice of rock", JJ was playing a gibson guitar and in some old songs like mistrited it sounded like something complete new without the fender sound. Kjelle surprise me playing the guitar in the new songs, and the new drummer did a good jod, but he has to follow all the time marks for JJ and Glenn, he seemed to need more playing with them and to be a great drummer.

Now some pictures, they have a bad quality.
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
GLENN1.JPG   GLENN Y JJ 1.JPG   GLENN Y JJ 2.JPG   GLENN Y JJ 3.JPG   JJ.JPG   KEIL GLENN Y JJ.JPG  

Old Oct-02-2006, 11:21 AM

Spain

Hola Gema!!!

I cannot believe we were so close, I was at the third row, just in front of JJ!!! with a reflex camera with a big zoom! lol

Inmaculada's Sig:

Old Oct-02-2006, 3:24 PM

Spain

Icon24

WELL,HERE YOU HAVE MORE PICS AND.... THE SHOW WAS GREAT,FULL OF POWER,SOUL AND EMOTION.MY 6TH GLENN'S SHOW IN SPAIN BUT NOT THE LAST.THANKS FOR COMING MAN.WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH I'VE GOT 50 MORE PICS,I'LL PUT THEM HERE VERY SOON.
SUC50910.JPG   SUC50899.JPG   SUC50956.JPG   SUC50957.JPG   SUC50937.JPG   SUC50920.JPG  

SUC50911.JPG  
Attached Files
File Type: avi MISTREATED.AVI (41.08 MB, 40 views)
Old Oct-02-2006, 4:09 PM

USA

Great pictures all of you !!!!!
thanks for posting
Old Oct-02-2006, 8:56 PM

Canada

Originally Posted by Inmaculada View Post
Hola Gema!!!
I cannot believe we were so close, I was at the third row, just in front of JJ!!! with a reflex camera with a big zoom! lol

You may have seen my girlfriend in front of JJ in the first row. She is the beautiful blonde with some friends

Conrad's Sig:For ever learning.
Old Oct-02-2006, 10:46 PM

Spain

Originally Posted by Inmaculada View Post
Hola Gema!!!

Hi Inmaculada!!!
I was betewen the first row and the second, just a little bite on the right of JJ, I was with to friend bouth with curly long hair. I am blonde and I was wearing a black top. Next time in spring we have to meet us
Old Oct-03-2006, 6:33 AM

Spain

Originally Posted by GEMA View Post
Hi Inmaculada!!!
I was betewen the first row and the second, just a little bite on the right of JJ, I was with to friend bouth with curly long hair. I am blonde and I was wearing a black top. Next time in spring we have to meet us

LOL I saw you!!!! hahahaha then I was just half meter or less from you!!! I was the big one with short black hair and long earings wearing a black openwork knitted jersey!!! (for a moment I thought I was going to be banned of the Fest... I think I was the only one with short hair there...men and women!!! lol)

Well here you are my pics, sorry if most of them are blur... I couldn't be quiet enough...nor the people around me! lol and sometimes wasn't easy to avoid the heads in front of me!! well you can see some here, I'll put the rest in the gallery... no matter how blur they are.. so you can feel the vibes! lol
30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(1).jpg   30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(3).jpg   30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(7).jpg   30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(8).jpg   30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(10).jpg   30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(14).jpg  

30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(11).jpg   30-09-06_GH_Alcala-(21).jpg  

Inmaculada's Sig:

Old Oct-03-2006, 12:57 PM

Norway

Here are some pictures that I took at the consert. The light conditions were not easy, so the quality is not the best.

Mark Mondesir - the new drummer - is also with.
IMG_6163.JPG   IMG_6113.JPG   IMG_6121.JPG   IMG_6110.JPG   IMG_6104.JPG   IMG_6124.JPG  

IMG_6128.JPG   IMG_6115.JPG  
Old Oct-03-2006, 12:58 PM

Spain

Thanks y muchas gracias Mistreated and Inmaculada for posting the pictures. Thanks also to Arild for the photos with the new drummer and Kjell playing guitar.

Cheers

Pere
Old Oct-03-2006, 1:05 PM

Norway

Thanks Pere, here is one of the venue also. Taken of the band after Glenn & Co..
IMG_6166.JPG  
Old Oct-04-2006, 4:44 AM
schreinermusic

Amazing reviews and pictures! Great work, Inma, Mistreated, Gema and all the others....wish I would have been there. Hey JJ, where did you buy this amazing hat????

cheers, Achim
Old Oct-04-2006, 5:16 AM

UK

I finally have some time to write some lines!

Originally Posted by GEMA View Post
Thanks Ainhoa for reading the Glenn's apologize, it wasn´t necessary, Glenn said that we are his family, ohhhh big dady.

Thanks Gema! It was such an honour to read the message on behalf of Glenn. He got an outstanding ovation when I read in Spanish "I dedicate this show to every single one of you!". He had been so worried after the last show in Madrid but hopefully now he knows that every single one of them understood it and respect him dearly. He always gives them 110% and they know that.

It was a great show full of energy. Mark Mondesir, the new drummer, contributed to that with an excellent performance All the fans left very satisfied and I was glad to see that most of the people who attended the festival had done so for Glenn. It was his audience.

Thank you all for the great pictures you have taken!

Ainhoa
Old Oct-04-2006, 9:35 AM

USA

"MISTREATED SAYS - MY 6TH GLENN'S SHOW IN SPAIN BUT NOT THE LAST"

I was just curious. That is so cool that you have seen GH 6 times in Spain....could I ask, in what length of time were those shows? Were they one per year for the last 6 years, or were some of the shows a very long time ago? Thanks Mistreated!

Thanks everyone for the pictures, looks like it was a great show. If Mark played with Jeff Beck and John Mclaughlin, Glenn is in great hands as far as the beat.
Old Oct-04-2006, 10:05 AM

UK

thanks for all the pics. Interesting to see Glenn playing a Fender Jazz and not his own signature one. will have to ask him about that on the chat.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Oct-04-2006, 4:13 PM

Spain

Icon24

Originally Posted by strat335 View Post
"MISTREATED SAYS - MY 6TH GLENN'S SHOW IN SPAIN BUT NOT THE LAST"

I was just curious. That is so cool that you have seen GH 6 times in Spain....could I ask, in what length of time were those shows? Were they one per year for the last 6 years, or were some of the shows a very long time ago? Thanks Mistreated!

Thanks everyone for the pictures, looks like it was a great show. If Mark played with Jeff Beck and John Mclaughlin, Glenn is in great hands as far as the beat.

6 shows(3 solo shows,2 HTP shows and the other one with Rata Blanca).One per year the last six years.There was one very special for me.The show in Murcia(my city home) in 2003 was very special because I got married two weeks before that.It was like the best present for me I danced the song "you're my dream" in the party after "what happened in the church".We didn't dance a boring vals.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Share Thread

Tags
2003, Chad Smith, David, drums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, guitar, HTP, London, Pix, solo, soul mover, tommy bolin, tour, Video, YouTube