g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep-18-2005, 7:44 PM

USA

Icon20 CHAT transcript - September 18th, 2005

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Thread Tools/Show Printable Version from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - September 18th, 2005

David: Hi Achim

David: Hi Grace

schreinermusic: hi David....and hi Grace

schreinermusic: hope you both are doing fine

Grace: hello to all GHCPs

David: Doing well, thanks for that AC/DC tribute the other day, it was a lot of fun

schreinermusic: hahaha...it knew it would be! it was my pleasure

Grace: so many people on the GH web sites are professional musicians, that it adds a touch of musical class to the comments

David: Anyone making a trip to Spain, Portugal or the UK?

schreinermusic: thanks, Grace, I have to admit that I aways enjoy especially your comments as well very much

Grace: well, nobody ever confused ME with being a musician.....I'm the audience!

schreinermusic: Not so far. I´ve just been to the UK just a few weeks ago visiting my friend Pete Stanford.

David: Looks like GH will be jamming with Chad at the drum clinics in the UK

Grace: Not me either......just the NY metropolitan area for me.

David:

schreinermusic: thats interesting. Where will this take place?

David: In Norwich

Grace: But every time that GH goes anyplace, he makes new fans, so it works out well.

David: think they'll be a couple of folks from the Fan Forum in attendance, so for those that miss out, we should hopefully hear all about.

schreinermusic: I will ask Pete if its is possible for him to go there

Grace: Glenn travels so much, that he probably knows all of the custom agents in major airports, on a first-name basis

schreinermusic: he surely will ....

Grace: Norwich is in what part of GB?

David: Norfolk (East Anglia)....on the East coast...

Grace: will Glenn stay in England until the Spain/Portugal shows?

Grace: or go backto LA first?

schreinermusic: David, please let us know if there is any possibility to get the Freak Flag Flying CD anywhere. Im really eager to get this one.

David: No, they're only a couple of days after those dates

David: It's in being worked on, you should hopefully hear more about it after the Spain/Portugal dates, so mid-late October with any luck.

captmidnite1962: Good evening!

David: Hi Capt'n

schreinermusic: Hi Captn, nice to see you

captmidnite1962: How is life in Florida? Still ducking the giant insects?

captmidnite1962: Hello schreiner....looks like Glenn will be in your part of the world soon!

David: Lovin' it - bugs have subsided now we're getting closer to Fall time, but there still some around!

captmidnite1962: And thanks for always being on the job in regard to the Stevie Wonder question....I knew he and Glenn had been the studio together...just couldn't recall where I had read that!

schreinermusic: indeed...unfortunately I wont be able to get there this time

captmidnite1962: That is too bad....wish you get to see him!

wolfysmith: Good evening everyone

captmidnite1962: Hello wolfysmith!

David: Hi Wolfy

schreinermusic: Hi Wolfy, how is it going, mate?

Grace: hello, Lucy's daddy!

David: Wolfy...you're going to Norwich, right? Chad's drum clinic.....looks like it's confirmed Glenn will be jamming with him some of the time.....should be a real treat!

wolfysmith: Hi all. you'll be pleased to know Lucy now says Glenn Hughes at the sight of any man on a cd cover.

David:

Grace: We expect nothing less than that from our GHCP baby

wolfysmith: yes David. i cant wait. A GHPG "insider" tipped me off that Glenn will be doing something.

captmidnite1962: Oh man..you are so Lucky Wolfy!

Grace: just watch out when the authorities are near, you might be accused of brainwashing.

captmidnite1962: How old is Lucy now?

wolfysmith: Well, we didnt get the tour with Chad so this will have to do

wolfysmith: Lucy is 2 in January. but everyone thinks she is older cos she is so tall and speaks so much.

Grace: didn't we have a thread a while back that music, among other things, helps to develop a child's brain/thought processes?

captmidnite1962: That is great to hear!

wolfysmith: Shirl is going to Norwich as well - and to a Spanish show as well i believe

captmidnite1962: I just hope we get to see/hear Glenn on this side of the pond soon!

schreinermusic: Sounds very nice, Wolfy, Im sure you´e very proud of her!

wolfysmith: Lucy loves to sing - tho only knows a bit of Coast to Coast so far. LOL

Grace: I still can't get over the 4 year old (whose son, I can't rememner off hand) wanted to hear The Shell Song

Grace: it really was, Deep Inside Your Shell

captmidnite1962: That was funny Grace!

captmidnite1962: Speaking of Shirl...

David: Hi Shirl

Shirl: Speaking of Shirl???? Hi everyone. How much have I missed??

Grace: that is something that I would LOVE to hear..............Coast to Coast, huh? FANTASTIC!!!!

wolfysmith: Hi Shirl, i was just saying we are both going to Norwich

captmidnite1962: We were talking about your plans to see Glenn soon Shirl

schreinermusic: Hello

Shirl: nice to see you

Shirl: Hi Wolfy - yes, talking about that with my dad today. I've a new consultant starting THE FOLLOWING DAY!!!! So I've to drive all the way back after the show! Will be knack ... very tired by Monday evening

Grace: and Lucy will record a cover album of Glenn's songs, as soon as she learns to sing a few more.

captmidnite1962: But it will be worth it won't it?

Shirl: Absolutely CAN'T WAIT for Spain!!!!

wolfysmith: Shame Shirl. No Drinking then!

Shirl: Beautiful Lucy - how is our young GHCP?

Grace: pause for crying from US fans..................

wolfysmith: She's an adorable monster!

captmidnite1962: Tell me about it Grace!!

Shirl: No drinking - that's fine. I don't drink very often anyhow. I only get back from Spain on the Friday too - so will need a week off to get over all the running around.

Grace: Yes, captain, WE will look forward to going to K-mart while these annoying British people travel around Europe..................

Grace:

wolfysmith: Captain, then i've got Graham Bonnet in the Rock Cafe, which is 5 mins walk from my house, 3 weeks later.

David: At least Glenn is in K-Mart now.....better situation than just a couple of years ago!

Shirl: Annoying British people? Us?

captmidnite1962: Go on Wolfy..rub it in!

Grace: crumbs from the table, David.

wolfysmith: and now Robin Trower is touring too!

David: crumbs are better than nothing

captmidnite1962: I have seen Robin Trower the last 2 times he toured the US...a great show!

captmidnite1962: It is a shame that he can't afford to tour here...

Shirl: I was listening to Yngwie's 'Odyssey' album today - not been played for a looooonnnnng time. JLT's voice on there is fantastic.

Shirl: Glenn and K-Mart? Not sure if I understand.

Grace: Hey Shirl, Wolfy is following your lead with Jennifer announcing GHs name.............he's training Lucy to say Glenn Hughes, too!

David: its's like Asda Shirl....

Shirl: Yes, and I expect she'll spell it right as well ... one day!

captmidnite1962: Yngwie..I am flashing on hearing him on the radio all the time back in the 80's

wolfysmith: Shirl, i know you like Grand Funk Railroad. there is a big piece in new CR mag the greatest band you havent discovered

wolfysmith: David, Walmart now own Asda!

schreinermusic: "Odyssey" has been a great album, later on Yngwie didnt always reach that high level again...unfortunately.

captmidnite1962: Grand Funk? Really?

Shirl: Yes, there was a photo of Y on here some time ago - sad to see him look so 'unwell.'

Shirl: Wolfy - GFR in the new issue? Not got mine!

wolfysmith: Got mine yesterday Shirl. Pink Floyd special.

captmidnite1962: I have to order a copy..it isn't available here

Grace: Shirl, K-Mart is a big, nation wide discount chain store

Shirl: Capt - I can easily send mine to you when I've finished wtih it.

Shirl: Yes - know about K-Mart as such, just wondered what you meant about Glenn ...

captmidnite1962: OK..sounds like a deal!

Shirl: David - love the axe murderer icon you created. How DO you do that????

David: you could never find his music anywhere here except mail order, now you can walk-in most places and find at least 1 or more things....

Grace: that reminds me to SAY THANKS, ONCE AGAIN, for your help, David..........for the picture of my close, personal friend

David: you're welcome

captmidnite1962: Glenn's CD's are available in K-Mart due to his deal with Sanctuary?

Shirl: Capt - just send me an email with your address ... don't think I have yours.

captmidnite1962: I will do that Shirl....

David: Yes, I would imagine that's why Capt'n, although "Stealth" is on Sony

Shirl: Right - I get it! (K-Mart)

Grace: David meant that now we don't have to find a GH CD, sometimes we can just walk into a big store..............and there he is.........sittin' in a K-Mart rack. HOORAY!

captmidnite1962: I have seen Soul Mover in Circuit City here

Shirl: Hi Shirean

schreinermusic: hi Shirean

Grace: OK, she must rest her vocal chords

wolfysmith: Hi Shirean, were have you been?

captmidnite1962: Time to give FFF a spin!

Grace: hey Shirean.....

captmidnite1962: Hello Shirean!

Shirean: Hi all, sorry I'm late been in the pool

captmidnite1962: A lazy Sunday then?

Shirean: Yes indeed

wolfysmith: Yes Capt, got it this week and its great. i was at both the shows on the cd.

captmidnite1962: The ambience is KICKING!!!

Shirean: How's everyone been?

wolfysmith: Capt, The mix means you are back in the audience.

captmidnite1962: oh yeah...none of this sterile soundboard stuff

Grace: when you read this chat from the beginning, MAYBE my comments will make sense to you

Shirl: I've just been diagnosed with spondylitis - years of headbanging!!

captmidnite1962: And Tomas is really driving the band

wolfysmith: Yes Capt, that was and awesome tour for an awesome album.

Shirean: We agree 100%

Grace: although I am rather becoming fond of......Gleen Hugs

Shirl: Even though he does 'hugs' very well LOL

Shirl: Did you enjoy your trip with Chip and Todd, Shirean? It read like a fantastic show

Shirean: Yes had a nice visit with the boys..I was a bit bummed none of the wives came along

Shirean: oh well more drinks for me

captmidnite1962: You can't possibly be referring to the Chip And Todd Travelng road Show....where no distance is too great...no Super 8 Motel too scary...for these intrepid warriors of the road

Shirl: They didn't?? I was really looking forward to meeting Lea but she stayed away, when they came to the UK

Shirean: It was good to see them both again!

Shirl: Chip and Todd - the hardened warriors as we named them recently??

Shirl: How far did you have to travel for the show Shirean?

captmidnite1962: Yep...I thought todd's comments about Dom Famularo and Carmine Appice were funny..he got a surprise!

Grace: we really have all the bases covered with the reports that are sent in.............reviews, pictures

Grace: it really feel as if we are all there.......on the spot

Shirean: Don't know the exact miles Shirl - anyone wanna chime in..

captmidnite1962: it is as if we are there too!

captmidnite1962: I will guess....about 2500..

David: well it was a 7 hour journey, right

David: 5 if you minus the 2 hour stop-over in Houston

Shirl: That's one hell of a journey

Grace: you're talking about the show in Phoenix, right?

David: right

Shirl: but well worth it for the result

Shirean: Yep it was worth it though - got to spend some quality time with Glenn, Chad

wolfysmith: how long to Norwich Shirl?

wolfysmith: journey i mean!

Shirl: Oh Lord - it'll feel like three days worth driving Wolfy by the time I get there -

captmidnite1962: the Medusa/Beyond the Numb medley is playing as I type

Shirl: of driving ...

Grace: you guys in England have a great rail system, though......it gets you to places FAST

captmidnite1962: That is a sad fact of life in the US..the decline of train travel

Grace: FFF? captain?

Shirl: I drove to a show in Cardiff two months ago and it only took three hours - so got my work cut out when I've to get back for an 8am start the following day

Shirl: Great rail system, Grace? It's not - not at all

captmidnite1962: Freak Flag flying

Grace: yep

Grace: doesn't it go all over, and on time, too?

wolfysmith: all over - but not on time, at least whenever i use them

Shirl: no way - I've rarely enjoyed a train ride. I once went to the centre of London on a 6am train - the meeting was at 2pm - I had a quick bite to eat and attempted to travel home at 4pm - got home at exactly 11.55pm!

Shirean: I only have 1 complaint about the "Virgin" trains - give me more leg room please!

Shirl: Yes, Shirean - you're so right

captmidnite1962: I was spoiled growing up on Long island..I could walk to the end of my street and be on a train and in NYC in 45 minutes

David: that's why folks drive Grace....I only just made it to Northampton last February, bloody thing was nearly 3 hours late, plus I had to change trains twice on what was supposed to be a non-stop journey!!

David: never again!

Shirl: Speaking of Virgin - Bill (or was it Frank?) mentioned cheap flights for the GH birthday jammin session in Phoenix - so they've got something right

captmidnite1962: And the UK doesn't have the highway system we have here in the US..so it takes longer to get around

wolfysmith: but a great venue and show David - and you met ME for a pre show pint!

captmidnite1962: i think it was Todd...or was it Chip???

David: right, wolfy - once I got there everything was fine....but getting there was the journey from hell! Of course, getting back to London was no problem - 1 hour flat, as it should of been on the way up!!

wolfysmith: but at least we can drive more than 60mph

Shirl: Don't you a hire a car when you're in the UK, David - I know you've had lifts in the past but wouldn't it be easier to hire transport??

wolfysmith: you gotta do 80 mph just to keep up these days

David: Usually, but since the dates we could go to were spread apart, thought we'd try the train this last around. "Love & Homecoming" we did that, as there 3 or 4 gigs in a row, so it made sense to drive then.

David: even gave James G. a lift that time around!!

Shirean: in our rented Rover

Shirl: Sorry Wolfy - I refuse to be bullied into speeding

Shirl: ... mind you, when I'm on a bike I'm totally different

Shirl: Right - are we talking spring for the Fused tour??

captmidnite1962: I bet that was a great trip!

David: don't hold your breath Shirl....only time will tell

wolfysmith: from Coast to Coast eh David

David: Sanctuary are almost bankrupt, so their priorities are somewhere else right now.

Shirl: ah well - Glenn's very busy we know - Spain will be a good fix so I'll be content ... for a while

Grace: I wonder if it "Feels Like Home" / Ha, ha.

wolfysmith: well Ozzy has retired now hasnt he.

captmidnite1962: Again???

Shirean: News to me

Shirl: yes, of course - I keep overlooking the problems at Sanctury

David: you mean "shouldn't he", right

Shirean:

captmidnite1962: He really seems like he has lost the plot...

Shirl: I think Fused is an excellent album now - but it was a slow grower

wolfysmith: that happened years ago Capt

Shirl: Not seen anything about Ozzy for some time - is it not his medication again or just the years of self-abuse?

Grace: I wish that they would come out with a delux edition with ALL the tracks on it

captmidnite1962: Some of the folks over on the Grand Funk List are becoming GHCP's!!

David: think there was a "rockumentary" on ITV last night with you about his time with Sabbath, Iommi was interviewed also....haven't seen it obviously though.

captmidnite1962: OK Wolfy...

Shirl: ?? David - must have been about 2am - didn't know about it

wolfysmith: you need the new CR Shirl. all about the Iron Maiden problem

captmidnite1962: Take them to the iron Maiden.....

Shirl: Oh yes - Mrs Osbourne - wicked witch of ... wherever she is at the time. I used to admire her but not any more

captmidnite1962: Excellent!!!

David: 10:10PM - "TV viewers in the UK can check out a new interview with Tony recorded during the Black Sabbath tour rehearsals earlier this year. The interview features in an hour-long documentary called ‘Ozzy Osbourne: In My Life’ which goes out at 22.10 on ITV1 on Saturday 17th September. Geezer Butler and Bill Ward are also interviewed for the programme which focuses on Ozzy’s career both as part of Black Sabbath and as a solo artist."

Grace: that was a terrible situation...people could have gotten angry, hurt and injured if it had turned into a riot

captmidnite1962: Sorry folks..flashing on Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure

Shirl: Thanks David - not sure why I didn't know about it but know someone who will have taped it

wolfysmith: i flicked over on to it but got bored of the same old stuff about biting doves and bats, and what a great dad he is

wolfysmith: .......and turned over

Shirl: Great timing - off to pick up my daughter. Great to chat again - love to you all x

wolfysmith: See ya Shirl. i'll be in touch about Norwich

David: Well, look forward to reading all about the drum clinic in review and Spain show(s)......don't for forget your cameras

captmidnite1962: Great to see all of you here....this is cool that I can do this again

Shirean: See you all next month..

David: The next CHAT is on Sunday, October 23rd, 2005 at the usual time.

Grace: take care everybody.........enjoy the music........................

captmidnite1962: everyone take care..Till next time!

David: Bye for now....

wolfysmith: see ya next month
Attached Files
File Type: txt chat091805.txt (36.2 KB, 2 views)
Old Sep-19-2005, 5:03 PM

USA

OK SOMEONE needs to send me an email when the next chat is starting. I forgot all about it and was even sitting here on my puter at the time it was going on ARGHHHHH. Sorry I missed everyone, hopefully next time. And yes, I have a note hanging right above my computer with the chat date and time STOOOPID!
Old Sep-19-2005, 6:20 PM

USA

Icon28

I hear ya, Kat. I was out running around town, kind of lost track of time....kind of forgot about it......

Last time I forgot about David & Shirean being in a new time zone, and missed most of the chat. Who knows what my excuse will be next month Maybe if Shirean could get out of the pool early enough to give me telephone call, that would help Yeah right, keep dreaming!!

See ya guys next month

Chip
Old Sep-19-2005, 7:31 PM

USA

Icon33

And I have a later shift at work this month, so I'm not even home by the time it ends

Todd
Old Sep-20-2005, 7:45 AM

USA

Icon24 This is your captain speaking....

Hey Todd,

Believe me...I felt your pain for a long time. I work evenings and was never home during the chats when they were on Wedensday afternoon. So it is really cool that I can participate again (We aren't open on Sunday) And having worked in the airline business for 14 years I know just how socially unfriendly the schedules can be...12 of those years were spent working rotating days off!!

Fear not my brother....you will be back real soon! Now all we have to do is get Satan on the chat at the same time and stand back and watch the two of you do your "Long lost brother act"!

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Sep-20-2005, 3:01 PM

USA

fused tour

david did i interpet your remark about the fused tour correctly? do you have any news on it?
Old Sep-20-2005, 3:34 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Originally Posted by tony g
david did i interpet your remark about the fused tour correctly? do you have any news on it?

Yes, you did. No news.
Old Sep-21-2005, 4:14 PM

USA

dammit looks like the airport for me again
Old Sep-22-2005, 3:46 AM

USA

Ah darn....at the time of the chat I was enjoying the sites and sounds of the lovely aeroplanes at the Reno Air Races and all my friends there. Barring getting to a GH show, or my annual B-day drinking and pillaging trip to Ensenada, Mexico, it's the best day of the year....Sundays are good for me to chat.John

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
2005, album, Chords, Coast to Coast, cover, David, freak flag flying, GHCP, glenn, Glenn Hughes, journey, London, Shirean, solo, soul mover, tour, track