g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun-21-2005, 4:21 PM

Austria

Thumbs up Black Sabbath Tour with VR and BLS

Black Sabbath (yes, the original band: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward and Ozzy Osbourne with Adam Wakeman, son of Rick on keyboards) are currently touring Europe.
Go and see them, if you can - the show yesterday in Vienna was superb! Iommi nails those riffs like only he can. What a player, what a sound - huge. TGB - what can I say. Excellent. And Ozzy's really taking this very seriously. No TV-Show self-satire, just the personality of a frontman he is, doing what he does best. Respect.

Just don't go see the show for Velvet Revolver - that was the sad part of the evening. Very sad.

Black Label Society, first on the bill, were cut a little short - but their gig was great, heavy and loud. Very loud.

Cheers,
Christian

P.S. some shows have had/will have Soulfly instead of BLS opening. Check before being disappointed.

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Old Jun-21-2005, 5:44 PM

USA

sounds great christian always loved black sabbath iommi with glenn should be the best
Old Jun-22-2005, 1:05 AM

Netherlands

Hi Chris,

I agree, the Sabbath show is a killer one! Saw them in Holland Saturday, what a blast. Great sound, great voice.... great setlist (well at least for someone who's never seen Black Sabbath before). Tony was in remarkebly good shape, which could be a sign of things to come.

Velvet Revolver came across as a bit too easy here as well. Unlike Audioslave, who really put up a nice show. Great new songs, but also some classics like Spoonman (Soundgarden) and Killing in the Name (Rage Against the Machine). Liked that, but maybe for the band's sake they should have stuck to Audioslave songs only, I don't know.

peace,

- Fedor

[I thought Chad Smith was the new holder of the world record in mooning (after three songs), but Ozzy is the new champion, showing 50.000 people his behind after the first song of the show.]
Old Jun-22-2005, 6:37 AM

Austria

Hi Fedor,

Audioslave - I would have loved to see them instead of VR.... must have been great.

So this seems to be Ozzy's routine for the Tour - after the first song. Yes he did it here to - and we all had a laugh.

But anyway, this show will go down and stay TOP TEN in my personal concert experiences archive.

Cheers,
Christian

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Old Jun-22-2005, 6:32 PM

USA

hey you guys ive seen ozzy about 5 times each time he has done that

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
Chad Smith, glenn, tour