g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan-23-2004, 11:18 AM

UK

2004HTPtour

Well, all seems to have gone a little quiet on confirming the HTP 2004 TBA dates.

Getting a little worried that the only UK date will be in London and wont feature anywhere else in the UK (specifically Scotland) despite mutterings/ assusrances from the great man.

IF a US show is scheduled 10 days after the London Show I feel us northern G fans are gonna be let down yet again.

Sorry to be so negative but after a while you get a little p****d off at broken promises made in the press.

There is still hope,but there is a better chance of James Gaden having a third birthday this year!!!!
Old Jan-23-2004, 11:39 AM

UK

I keep looking at 4 April: TBC - and hoping that there's been an update. I would have looked forward to travelling to Scotland, Chris - great place, wonderful people (Lochcarron, Applecross - heaven), but of course it isn't up to our man personally, as we well know! A bummer for you of course. If London's the only gig, which I suspect it is for us UKers I can't say I'd look forward to seeing Glenn there, as I don't like the venue particularly.

I have however now booked my flight to Spain (and back ) so I'm very excited about seeing our man there.

For us UKers, I really do hope that Glenn can secure at least a couple of decent gigs.
Old Jan-23-2004, 12:22 PM

USA

Can I also complain here....that March early April is a really crummy time to travel to Europe.....thanks to the weather. it's a shame they couldn't have scheduled the tour a couple of months or so later....Notice how Ritchie only tours Germany in almost always July/but sometimes also August/Sept?????

John
Old Jan-23-2004, 12:52 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
I can understand your frustration Chris, but Shirl is right...it's out of Glenn and JLT's hands...if they were on a English label, perhaps the UK dates would be more forthcoming, but they're not, so those are the cards we have to deal with.

Now...don't lose hope here...the TBC dates will be released very shortly no doubt. Imagine living in Greece, Czech Republic or Slovakia....how long have they waited for Big Daddy!!

You know it's only in the past few years that we've had him play more or less regular shows here in the States, prior to that we had to sit it out while you guys reaped the rewards Besides you remember him saying in Bradford that he's tried and tried to play the UK more often, but it just never happens for whatever reason, which goes back to what Shirl was saying earlier.

Anyways, if Shirean and I make it over in April, we'll buy you a pint of your favourite tipple...which is a little more than the stakes you offered to pay out
Old Jan-24-2004, 12:48 AM

UK

Hi David

A wee pint of Guinness will go down fine.

Sorry to sound off but I get annoyed when G starts to say things that dont ever happen.

I agree we have been spoilt over the years in the UK and I suppose the USA is benefitting more from G live shows. Europe seems to be getting the best deal. But having seen the response at Legends in Edinburgh, NOW is the time to make the effort, before its too late.

If I win the lottery Ill pay for them to play up here !!!!
Old Jan-25-2004, 10:31 PM

UK

Well, there's another two gigs so you never know! Bradford looks a cert, I'm sorely tempted to do the Bradford/Dudley thing again!

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
Old Jan-26-2004, 9:47 AM

UK

Dave Shaw and myself will there(where ever) and ummm bringing our wifes this time...so David i think the hotels are gonna have to be better .
By the way Chris i still owe you a couple of pints!

Cheers...

Pete S.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
2004, David, GHPG.net, glenn, HTP, London, press, Shirean, tour, win