g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar-15-2001, 4:47 PM

What! No Comments about the Rockline show?

Hey! So what did every body think?
I say it was our typical Glenn! Having a great time... appreciative of his fans, ("See you in Jersey" etc.)and friends. A gentleman, when handling comments about Gary Moore, and the usual positive side of Sabbath and Tony. Great vocal work (from all!) A wonderful version of "Blame it on the Sun"- which really got Glenn on a roll with Glennisms that carried on to an interesting version of "Smoke". Did he over do it? Most of my friends think so... But those of us that have been following Glenn for a long time expect this knowing that he is an artist/vocalist that is expressing himself....and really getting in to it! I think it's great.... Glenn- just keep being yourself-
Your real fans expect it and love it!

M.
Old Mar-15-2001, 4:57 PM

Oops!

Sorry Shirean...
Didn't catch the gist of your post by the title!
At least you had something to say!
Did a lot of people have a problem catching it?

Hmmm... if so, maybe I could help!

m.hoffman3@verizon.net
Old Mar-15-2001, 5:44 PM

USA

Hey Mark,

We had a hell of a time finding any station that was playing the "live" broadcast. All the ones in our area had a pre-recorded Rockline from a couple of months ago.

We were forced to tune into 98.7 WKGR-FM (The Gater) in West Palm Beach, Florida via the web! But since we've got high speed connectivity and our gear hooked up to the stereo, were able to tape without any problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Glenn's voice just stands out from the crowd, it's just bloody amazing - each and every performance.

I must admit I am getting a little tired of hearing other material - really want him to sing his own stuff - can't wait for the 24th, since David and I bit the bullet and decided to do another cross country trip! Lucky we decided when we did, as we hear that date is now sold out!!

By the way Mark, you're a registered member on the Fan Forum, so you should have a username and a password - did you lose it? Do you need us to resend for you?
Old Mar-16-2001, 2:55 AM

24th

Ah Yes...
New York would be my choice as well- if I were to make it to a show. Unfortunately, I am unable to get the time off work now- and need to save vacation for my trip to Hawaii this summer anyway. But if some other shows turn up- I will make every effort to get there if at all possible.

I am dissapointed I won't be able to meet up with you and Dave- so far...this year. Not to mention Glenn and the rest of the known follower's. I'll be there in spirit though!

Got the Rockline show on DAT- missed the intro and found it mid way through "Find My Way Back". Did I miss anything? If so, can I snag the snippett from you?

Yes... UN/PW, I guess I do need you to send it to me- I thought I already made the request last night.

Thanks!
Mark
Old Mar-16-2001, 6:46 AM

USA

We also missed the first few minutes, since we futzing around trying to find a web station that was carrying the live show vs a recorded broadcast. What's the first thing you have? We'll take another listen to ours and if we have more, will get that piece to you.

As for UN/PW - this process is automated by the system, so we don't get notified that you made a request for the info. If you didn't receive anything, just let us know and we'll get it to you. By the way, we have no access to your password, just your UN - passwords are strictly protected even from us, the Admins! The whole process is handled transparently via emails between you and the Fan Forum application. All we are able to do is reset a password, anytime that should that be necessary.
Old Mar-16-2001, 7:39 PM

USA

Rockline

(forgot I used caps!) So here I am logged on!

I got most of "Find Your Way Back"- so I think it was just the introduction?
I've listened to it 5 times today... Blame it on the Sun really rules! I'm really excited about this project- I can't believe there is not more "Buzz" on this subject on either of the sites. I always thought that John Rafferty tune was the Boss! Always loved the tune "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by the Elvin Bishop Band (with Mickey Thomas). It was pretty obvious that these guys didn't have to be on a radio show to enjoy each others company. I look foreword to more.

Mark
Old Mar-16-2001, 8:32 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
> (forgot I used caps!) So here I am logged on!

Aaahhh, SO YOU'RE TODD IN DISGUISE [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old Mar-18-2001, 8:00 PM

USA

Ha Ha!

Man... things have been kind of hairy over there lately! You got to be careful of what you say- or you find yourself just fueling the fire! I just can't figure that guy... was it our Todd? The one I met at the Houston Show? Couldn't be.
and no... the caps I forgot were just M&H for my user name mark hoffman!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
David, glenn, Shirean