g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-28-2001, 11:01 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,491 Posts
TB '99 Texas Tour CD release

From The Private Times newsletter, comes news of a possible "official" release from the Tommy Bolin Tribute shows that took place in Texas during February, 1999.

"...it was early 1999, Glenn took the band out on the road for a short Texas tour. This band was comprised of Glenn, Rocky, Craig Erickson, Robert Ware, Terry Brooks, and Johnnie Bolin. They were billed as "A Tribute To Tommy Bolin" but in reality did Deep Purple, Trapeze and James Gang material as well as Tommy's solo era songs. Well, Rocky claims that the executive producer of that tour, Greg Diamond, has informed him that a CD of the Texas tour will be released on a European label in about three months or so! The Trapeze hit 'Black Cloud', will be on this new Texas Tour version. They were much more than just a "tribute" band, taking those old songs and contemporizing them. Hearing Rocky's signature wah-wah spice up Bolin songs is pretty cool. Tommy didn't use wah-wah much, just a little in the early (Zephyr) days, to my knowledge anyway."

I just hope they keep in the snippet of Glenn, delving into LA Cut Off during the closing of the Dallas gig - the hightlight of the tour for me!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
1999, Deep Purple, glenn, johnnie bolin, solo, tommy bolin, tour, Trapeze