g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Unofficial Releases

Unofficial Releases Mostly poor sound quality, but occassionally really good - let's get your reviews and recommendations on what's available out there.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May-30-2002, 9:15 AM

UK

Arrow Voices Of Classic Rock live in Brazil

I got this double CD boot a couple of months back and I think it's a great show. The quality is good and the show boasts no fewer than seven singers....namely Larry Hoppen, Peter Rivera, Alex Ligertwood, Fergie Frederikson, Jimi Jamison and of course JLT and Glenn. Glenn plays bass on all tracks and provides backing vocals and some lead. He is prominant throughout and he does most of the spoken intros too.
I'll be honest, I got it for Glenn and Joe but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the other stuff is. Peter Rivera's rendition of the Temptations "Get Ready" is superb (although the backing vocals make it) and Glenn throws in a great bass break into the mix. Each vocalist oozes quality although in my opinion Joe Lynn Turner is the man on this particular show. A thoroughly enjoyable dose of nostalgia and classic tunes. I've enclosed the cover art i did for it so you can see the set lists and who sings what. Well worth tracking down even if you originally thought of yourself as a fan of only two or three of these guys.
Old Jun-03-2002, 9:12 AM

Finland

VOCR -Live In Brasil

Hello,
do you know the date for that show?

regards,
T
Old Jun-03-2002, 10:41 AM

UK

VOCR Live

Sorry Tero, I don't know the date. I don't even know what city it was in. I don't recall anybody mentioning it during the show either...I'll have to listen to it again. When I traded it, it was simply classed as "VOCR in Brazil" in a paper wallet....no sleeve, no info, no nothing. Sorry!

One thing I did forget though...the mighty George Nastos is playing guitar on it!

JG
Old Jun-03-2002, 11:48 AM

Arrow

well
i have three gigs from brasil 2001.
the cover is different but i can say, this is from
santos brasil towers music hall guaruja november 11 2001
the others are from san paolo 3 november and 4 november, but the set list is different in both gigs.
roberto

Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
unofficialrel-vcrliveinbrazil.jpg  
Old Jul-13-2002, 11:47 PM

I would like to know where I can find that disc...

I'm trying to enlarge my Hughes collection a little but I don't know the right places yet...

If some one can help me out

Devils13@wanadoo.nl

You told me to hate and love you
That's because you love to hate yourself

Bruce Dickinson - Faith

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Unofficial Releases

Share Thread

Tags
2001, backing, bass, brazil, classic rock, cover, glenn, guitar