g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic > Audio

Audio Soundbytes go here!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-14-2003, 2:06 AM

UK

Icon47 Jeff Scott Soto - Love Parade

I'm a casual fan of JSS, introduced to his voice by way of varoius tribute albums. I was always impressed with the vocal delivery so I bought the first Malmsteen album he appeared on. After that I bought "Prism" simply because I thought Jeff was good and Glenn was on it. I didn't think it was anything special as an album, but when I ordered it there was an offer on to get his first solo album "Love Parade" with it. I took that offer up and "Love Parade" arrived shortly after, with notes telling me Jeff moved away from hard rock in favour of funkier, Prince style tunes. Fair enough, I banged it on.....it is AWESOME!
The story behind the album, from what I gather, is Jeff felt he had to write something different after years of hard rock. He writes on all but one of the songs and plays many of the instruments himself. All this drew inevitable comparisons with "Play Me Out" and although this has a more modern sound, I percieve the spirit of the record to be the same. The only reason I'm telling you all this is it was that good (to me) I wished someone had told me about it earlier, so I'm doing that now. If you like Glenn's funky side, chances are you'll like this. If you see it, check it out. If anybody is interested after reading this but wants to hear some of it, I'll upload some 30 mp3 samples. Just reply on here and I'll put some on.

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
Old Feb-14-2003, 2:55 AM

UK

Hi James,

Yes |'d love to hear one or two samples of Jeff's album. Didn't Glenn sing at his wedding incidentally?
Old Feb-14-2003, 5:10 AM

USA

Yes, Glenn sang Journey's 'Open Arms' at Jeff's wedding.

James, I'm glad you like 'Love Parade'. I'm a huge fan of Jeff's work, whether melodic rock, pop or full-on metal. What's your favorite track? Mine's 'Funk Sandwich'.

Cheers...Todd
Old Feb-14-2003, 10:18 AM

UK

Fave track....tough to say. I love them all. "Dragon attack" as I'm a big Queen fan and Jeff put a cool funk twist on it (man he would be AWESOME as a Queen frontman) and I have soft spots for "Love Parade" and "How U Want It". Here's the first attachment.

JG

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 OffTopic_JeffScottSoto_06_How_U_Want_It.mp3 (549.8 KB, 2 views)
Old Feb-14-2003, 10:23 AM

UK

Clip number two....another one tomorrow.

JG

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 OffTopic_JeffScottSoto_04_Gottit_Goin_On.mp3 (295.6 KB, 1 views)
Old Feb-14-2003, 10:48 AM

USA

I don't suppose you saw Jeff perform at the UK Queen Convention last year, did you? He's performed with Brian May and Roger Taylor on a couple occasions now. He'll be doing a Queen convention in the UK in May, where he'll perform a full set of Queen songs, like he did before. It's quite something!

Here's a few photos from the Queen Walk Of Fame gig - http://www.jeffscottsoto.com/jss/Pho...toGallery1.htm

Cheers...Todd
Old Feb-15-2003, 3:25 AM

UK

No, I've not had the chance to hear or see Jeff live but I know he's done some great work with Queen material. Roger Taylor is a big hero of mine and I love his voice and kind of hoped he and Brian May would continue Queen doing the vocals themselves, but they don't seem happy with that. If they ever did want somebody who could fit in with a suitable voice, songwriting talent, live skill and musicianship, Jeff would be my pick. It'd earn him exposure that he so richly deserves too. Time will tell. Thanks for the link to the pics!

And finally, heres clip 3...

JG

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 OffTopic_JeffScottSoto_10_Funk_Sandwich.mp3 (246.9 KB, 1 views)

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic > Audio

Share Thread

Tags
album, albums, glenn, journey, solo, solo album, track, win