g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Keepin' Time

Keepin' Time Are you a songwriter or musician influenced by Glenn and his music? If you'd like to share your own musical compositions with us - you can do so here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct-11-2002, 3:38 AM

UK

Icon47 airplay

I've just had a phone call from RamAir FM Radio asking for my permission for my track "Life's Unkind" to be added to their playlist.This came about when i give a copy to my boss who's son has access to the station.

I don't know when it will be played but i'll post the info soon.

Cheers...
Pete S.
Old Nov-03-2002, 1:20 AM

UK

A try out

I hope this works!!!

This is a sample of the above song.
Our band is called Dark Angel(not to be confused with the band with the same name in the charts mid 80's) originally formed in 1978.

Line-up:

myself...vocals
Lee Mcullack L.Guitar
Gaz Wheeler R.Ghitar
Lee Wakefield Bass
Daz Black Drums

Keyboards....when i can!!!!

Cheers...

Pete S.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 LIFE'S_UNKIND.mp3 (798.8 KB, 29 views)
Old Nov-03-2002, 1:31 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,480 Posts
Wow!!

Pete...this sounds awesome! You've got a helluva a voice! I also like the keys in the background!

If you have a tape or CD I'd be interested in hearing more (minus the skips)

Keep us in the loop as far as the feature on the radio.

Great stuff
Old Nov-03-2002, 9:35 PM

UK

Wow!

Excellent voice, Pete. Competition, eh??!

Take care.
Old Nov-05-2002, 8:11 AM

UK

Tanx

Many thanks to David and Shirl for the above comments which make it all worthwhile.

Thanks again

Cheers...

Pete S.
Old Nov-12-2002, 9:00 PM

USA

Hi Pete,

I downloaded this shortly after you posted it and then proceeded to have it on repeat for about 15 minutes..., I was going to post something about it but got really busy last weekend then I had a gig for a week in Nevada. I really enjoyed the snippet and you have a great voice!!! Keep up the good work...Please keep us posted if there will be a CD or anything more!

JH
Old Nov-13-2002, 10:30 AM

UK

Cheers

Thanks John for the comments,may have to wait a while for a full cd,but if at any time you're in the UK,come do keyboards with us

Cheers...

Pete S.
Old Nov-28-2004, 9:40 PM

USA

Hey Pete, was just listening to this again as we're finishing putting back all the attachments on the new forum.....anyway, I really like this short clip, perhaps you could resurrect it in some form when you get the time
Old Dec-01-2004, 12:55 PM

UK

Hi Shirean,

Hey thats going back a bit .....yeah i'll put the full version on but i'm afraid the clicking remains.....i lost the original master when i had PC problems

Also after all this time i've realised that the solo is a little off.

The new track with Achim is going really fab....we had a rough cut version done and it sounds amazing...the guy is a fantastic talent and a pleasure to work with. As soon as it is finished we'll upload it here.

Cheers.....

Pete.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 01 - Track 1.mp3 (3.15 MB, 24 views)
Old Dec-02-2004, 9:44 PM

Canada

Hey Pete:

Very cool! Love your voice!

Achim and I had some trouble getting in touch by e-mail but I think we've got it all figured out now. I'm hoping to add vocals to one of his tunes this Sunday. Are the 3 of us workin' on the same song??

Keep up the great work!
Cheers,
Ann
Old Dec-03-2004, 8:06 AM

USA

Hey everybody,

Is this the beginning of........."The Pete Sanford Crazy People?"

Good Luck with your music, Pete!!!!!

Grace
Old Dec-03-2004, 4:30 PM
schreinermusic

Icon42 Yeah baby!

Hi Grace,

actually we consider to call us SSP (stanford-schreiner-project) but that is not confirmed yet

Thanks for the comments, Pete, I could write the same thing about you, mate! Would be great to have Ann in the boat. Ann ...no, Iīm afraid weīre talking about another song than the ballad. Pete and I wrote a song called "Got a Feeling" and thatīs the one he was talking about.

"Lifeīs Unkind" is indeed awesome...it always keeps me shaking my body the entire song. Well done, mate! Who knows...perhaps we catch a few more guest singers ....how about Glenn Hughes??

greetings to all of you,
Achim

Old Dec-07-2004, 1:20 AM

Canada

Dream Aria!!

Hi all!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo happpppyyyyy!! My cd is finally done!!
If anyone would like to hear the tunes, you can hop on over to
http://www.dreamaria.com. The sound quality on the site is not great but we're working on that. The cd sound is of course far superior. The songs on the cd for the most part meld into each other. It makes for a real nice effect. Keeps everything flowing. Turn off the lights and lay down kind of music- but not "sleep-time" kind of music! If anyone would like a promo copy, let me know!

We just had it mastererd on Saturday. You WON'T believe who did the mastering! His name is Nick Lagona. He knows Glenn!! What are the odds?! He said he worked on most of the Deep Purple albums. So, there you go! I'm in Toronto, Canada and an old colleague of Glenn's is mastering my first cd! Grooovy baby!!!!!

Take care everyone!
Cheers,

Ann
Old Dec-07-2004, 11:33 AM

UK

Yet another impressive site Ann ...

Some of those tracks sound like 'Renaissance' - again, impressive and no doubt a lot of hard work, especially to someone who's not sung in a band since I was 19!!

with the CD and thanks for sharing.

Shirl's Sig:'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '
Old Dec-07-2004, 2:14 PM

Canada

Hi Shirl!!

Thanks sooo much!!
It's funny but two of the guys in the band said the same thing- that it's a bit "Renaissance" like. I'd never heard of them so I checked out their music. Very cool stuff and Annie Haslam has such a beautiful, clear voice.

My favorite tracks are the edgier ones. Especially #13- "The Eleventh Hour"!
I hope to do more like those soon!

I didn't know you were a singer! That's awesome. Do you have any recordings? I'd love to hear them if so!

Thanks again and cheers,

Ann
Old Dec-07-2004, 2:38 PM

UK

Hey Ann,

Congrats on your CD...just been to the site and listened to the tracks .

Both the musicianship and vocals are outstanding ,yeah i think me faved tracks are.."The Eleventh Hour" along with "Snapshot".
Welldone and good luck with the CD.

Cheers...
Pete.S
Old Dec-07-2004, 3:25 PM

Canada

Icon26 Dream Aria!!

Hi Pete:

Thanks very much! I appreciate all the comments from all the GHCP! It means alot.

This is my dream come true. I've wanted this since I was 4 years old.

Glenn has been a huge inspiration and for this I am very grateful. He pushes the boundaries and I've tried to follow his lead. I've worked very hard and have loved every minute of it!

Thanks to all of you again!!! xoxoxo
Old Dec-08-2004, 4:57 AM

UK

Quote:
I didn't know you were a singer! That's awesome. Do you have any recordings? I'd love to hear them if so!

Ann - I'm not a singer per se. Demo tapes were aplenty at the time. Lots of rehearsals but only ever played two gigs with the band. Not sung in front of a mike since that time - and that's about 26 years ago. Did something stupid - went off, got married and had children!

I'll leave the talent to the talented, and my singing for when I'm travelling in a car, in the choir, in the shower or at the top of my voice at Glenn's gigs - where his singing drowns out mine!!

Nice that you fulfilled a dream ...

Shirl's Sig:'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '
Old Dec-08-2004, 8:27 AM

USA

Originally Posted by Shirl
........went off, got married and had children!

Hey Shirl....Me, too!!!! And all of my money for records and concert tickets
was fooishly wasted on useless luxuries like food for the children.

Originally Posted by Shirl
and my singing for when I'm travelling in a car, in the choir, in the shower or at the top of my voice at Glenn's gigs - where his singing drowns out mine!!

Me too, too!!!! Sometimes Shirl, talking to you is like talking to a mirror.
Hey, is it too late for us to work up a singing or comedy act together? Ha, ha.
Old Dec-08-2004, 12:48 PM
schreinermusic

Icon42 Interesting People

I always wonder how many interesting people are on this site, itīs amazing!
Hey, itīs still not too late to get up and start again, look at Glenn! He lost 15 years of his career and definitely made up the lost time. What I could imagine, Shirl and Grace, is something in a small frame. For example, getting together with someone playing a mellow acoustic guitar and writing and/or performing some songs. That would mean to spent some quality time! We are all sometimes thinking about "what could have been" because we are all constantly faced with "junctions" in life, in which we making decisions all the time. I also think about these points sometimes, I guess we all do.

To Ann, congratulations to your CD!!! I know it feels just marvellous to see a dream fulfilled!!!!! Iīm very glad for you! Iīm very sure it sounds great even I havenīt found the time to take a deeper listen to it. Good Luck for your career, Ann!

Greetings to you all wherever you you are!
Achim

Old Dec-08-2004, 1:10 PM

USA

Thanks so much for the encouraging message, Achim.
UNFORTUNATELY.......

Remember a while back, when I posted on GH.com
that I had a "rare photo of Glenn conducting the audience
to sing along with him to 'You Keep On Moving'?"

Remember that it really was a picture of a duck, conducting
two frogs, who were sitting on a log, croaking through
the lyrics of "YKOM?"

I'm sure that I'm NOT speaking for Shirl, if she was good
enough to sing for a band.......

.....but I was the frog on the left of the picture. Trust me on this.

(rib-bit) .........................

Take care,
Grace
Old Dec-08-2004, 2:12 PM

UK

Quote:
What I could imagine, Shirl and Grace, is something in a small frame

Schreinermusic - oh how I WISH for something in a small frame! You've probably no idea what on earth that statement means ... to me.

I do understand the 'what ifs' though. I recently mentioned on the boards that I'd met up with an old friend after 25 years. He'd bought a new fretless Cort Cubrow bass and asked me to accompany him to a gig or two to see him play. He was the bassist in the band I was in, and suggested I 'start thinking about singing again.' He's done some impressive stuff over the years and played on Welsh and German TV, so watching him play made me think of the 'what ifs' had I not 'been stupid, got married, had kids and spent it all on feeding them,' as Grace so aptly put it. He plays a lot of 'hippy, trippy' stuff - world music he calls it.

If anyone out there's looking for a cross between Eva Cassidy , Bette Midler , Courtney Love with a touch of Bet Lynch (who, you say??) thrown in, I'm the 'crazy bird' (thanks Glenn ) you're looking for. Otherwise, as I said to Ann, I'll most definitely leave the talent to the talented and admire from afar. And yes, there are some amazingly mind-blowingly wonderful people on here who blow me away sometimes, and I'm frequently left with 'how the hell do I follow that?'

And Grace, dear beautiful girlfriend - a double act would be perfect! I could be Hinge, you could be Bracket!

Old Dec-08-2004, 3:25 PM
schreinermusic

Icon47 Yeah Baby!

Hello again!

Itīs wonderful to read your posts, Shirl and Grace, I think everytime I visit this forum, I really do.
Grace, I recognise the picture on gh.com that youīre talking about! Even I can hardly believe in your "frog theory" I bet you still sound excellent in your very own style! We have to keep an eye on this

Shirl, it was my pleasure if I gave you a bit of encouragement, the mixture of voices that you were writing....sounds EXECEEDINGLY interesting! To be honest, I would luv to hear you! Even if your life took a whole other direction, it never can be wrong to keep up your talent. Thatīs what its for. A lot of people cannot sing and wish they could! To those who can I would like to say "Just do it!" There is nothing to lose but a lot to win.
And getting a feed back, even a small one (if its nice) makes it all worth while and is highly motivating, of course Thatīs very similar to what we were talking about about when I spoke to Pete Stanford last Saturday. I guess we all feel this way.
Small frame...that could be a lot, Shirl. For example something like "Like I did before" which is a ballad I wrote many years ago. It is a very simple track but I like it very much and that could be the type of thing that I mean.

Itīs late over here in Europe and I will come to a close ....

Have a great day and take care all,
Achim

Old Dec-08-2004, 4:26 PM

Canada

Icon26

You guys are all too cute! You crack me up!

Achim: would you believe I'm STILL sick!! My throat is still toast. Very annoying! As soon as I'm able, I'll add some vocals to your tune!!!!

Thanks again for all the best wishes guys!!

Cheers,
Ann
Old Dec-09-2004, 8:57 AM

USA

Hey Shirl,

Quote:
You could be Hinge and I could be Bracket???????

HUH?
How about if you be Miss Piggy and I'll be Kermit? (rib-bit)

PS, Achim -
Let's compromise, and just say that I am great at listening.

Old Dec-09-2004, 11:48 AM

Canada

Icon26

Hi again Achim:

What a beautiful tune that is! Very moving! Keep up the good work...
Cheers all,
Ann
Old Dec-09-2004, 1:17 PM
schreinermusic

Icon42 Thanks so much!

Hi Ann,

thanks a lot!
Actually I wrote the song after losing my long time girlfriend in a car accident in 1994. Itīs hard to explain the impact to someone totally un-prepared as most of us are. The writing of music always helped me in such major experiences in life, so you can say it surely has got a kind of psychological side effect....

live in happiness and take care all,
Achim Schreiner

Old Dec-09-2004, 2:38 PM

UK

Grace - Dr Evadne Hinge and Dame Hilda Bracket were actually George Logan and Patrick Fyffe, a very English comedy duo. You could always check out a site or two on them, but I'd much prefer THIS one! Bet Lynch was a character on 'Coronation Street' ... and Achim, wishing for a small 'frame' in this neck of the woods is the equivalent of wishing for a figure like ... ... Ann!!!

And Achim - for making me feel wonderful ... I might even invest in singing lessons, but don't hold your breath! (I feel like a schoolgirl again using all these smilies ).

I think I'll stick to what I know best ...

See what you started Ann?

Old Dec-09-2004, 8:37 PM

Canada

Icon26

Hi Achim: I'm sorry to hear about your loss. That song is a beautiful tribute to her and your relationship.

I'll be in touch sooooooooooon!
Ann
Old Jan-12-2005, 9:21 AM

UK

Hi. I greatly enjoyed the two tracks by Pete. I haven't downloaded the others yet but will do so.

Pete, I've always been curious about how singers get that "heavy metal vocal" sound, which you have absolutely mastered. I can't sing well (I did take a few singing lessons a decade ago, but didn't keep them up), but even so I can't produce any sound remotely resembing a heavy metal vocal. Is it something that came naturally to you? Or, is it something that you had to specifically learn?

Thanks in anticipation,

Ross-c

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Keepin' Time

Share Thread

Tags
1978, 1994, albums, bass, cover, David, Deep Purple, GHCP, glenn, Glenn Hughes, guitar, keys, Shirean, solo, track, win