g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct-21-2001, 4:05 AM

USA

Arrow Honest critique of Glenn's solo albums

Does anybody have an opinion on why BTM sounds so much more thorough, and focussed than The Way It IS and R.O.C.K.?
Old Oct-21-2001, 1:38 PM

IMHO...

I think The Way It Is was a second attempt after Feel for Glenn to breakaway to stretch the envelope and to show he's more than capable of producing modern day classic rock, rather than rehashing old ground. As he said in many interviews at that time,..."it'll take you 3 or 4 listens to get into this release".

As for R.O.C.K, it was definitely a tribute to his roots and generally each track flowed very nicely, with the exception of "Days Of Avalon" which although an excellent song, just didn't seem to fit with the overall theme of the album, for me at least.

And now we have BTM - don't you love these acronymns Again it reminds me of the time when Feel was released, a complete break from what is expected from Glenn Hughes. At last he really produces a collection of songs that, don't always flow well together, but as a whole, allows him to stick his finger in the air to say, this is the real Glenn Hughes!

I still think we have yet to see the album he really wants to make - hopefully that day will come soon. But at least he's gives us a taste of what's to come with Building The Machine
Old Oct-22-2001, 2:53 PM

USA

...and a "guest" at that!

Outstanding!It's nice to hear from a guest with this much passion for Glenn's music!
Old Oct-22-2001, 7:44 PM

You know what they say, "Guests are best!"

Seriously, one of these days I'll get around to signing up.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
album, albums, classic rock, glenn, Glenn Hughes, solo, solo album, track