g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Media Centre Interviews & the Press; pictures, video & soundbytes.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov-26-2003, 2:13 AM

UK

Icon34 New Chase Post article

Another small story featuring Glenn appeared in last weeks edition on my local paper:

Home date for Glen (yes they spelt it wrong )

Former DP vocalist/Cannock rock musician Glen (& again! ) Hughes could be performing in Cannock. The rock star flew to England last month as part of a whirlwind tour promoting his new album.
But some local fans were stung that he performed in Dudley rather than on home ground.
Now The Post has news that Glen could be performing in his home town in May 2004 - if a suitable venue can be found.
According to a spokesman for Cannock's Padma restaurant, Glen called in for a meal before his flight back to the USA where he now lives.
He told restaurant staff he will be returning with his new acoustic band the Turner Project.

Ah well, after their great stories on Glenn and then on Trapeze i will let them off for their errors. An acoustic show with JLT would be more than welcome tho.
The only places for a show in Cannock are the theatre and the sports centre (Tony Hadley played there after Reborn in the USA tv show). Both are 10 mins walk from my house so i'm all for it but in all honesty JB's would be better.

"It's in my blood"
Old Nov-26-2003, 6:25 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,902 Times in 2,738 Posts
Thanks for the info - this would be cool, sounds like it could be a separate gig from the actual tour...so perhaps a little more intimate.

We'll have to see what happens...if you find anything more, do let us know.

As a side note...of all the venues during the recent UK tour, JB's was the only one to print his name incorrectly - Glen Hughes - so if nothing else, it's consistent
Old Nov-26-2003, 6:38 AM

UK

My favourite is still on the Play Me Out Special Edition....on the advert for "Lee Sound In The Heart Of The Midlands" we have listed as one of the satisfied customers a Mr "Glen Hughs".

Two names, both wrong. It's not like he's called Engelbert Humperdink now is it?

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
Old Nov-26-2003, 12:18 PM

UK

At least Glen's close. My friend was in our local paper two weeks ago at a ball, and they put his name down as Olwyn Heyes, even though his name is Owen Hughes and he has a beard! Can't wait to send him his Christmas card ..

Oh, just got it. Glenn Close And James spelt Engelbert's name correctly ... or is there a c before the k?

Like Liza with a Z it's Glenn with two NNs. Perleez!!

Time for bed said Zebedee (our US and Italian friends are going ) but we know what I mean ...

And Wolfy - thanks very much for letting us know the paper's comments. The icons made me laugh out loud - very appropriately placed!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Share Thread

Tags
2004, album, Cannock, GHPG.net, glenn, tour, Trapeze, win