g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Netherlands

Arrow DIO live album 80's era to come!

A lot of Dio music (and statue and book) is coming out in the near future. The first release will be a double cd of live 80's era DIO (never been released). Great, as the only official 80's era DIO live material is Intermission (a mini album). Now we're getting a double CD
Old Aug-23-2010, 9:35 AM

USA

Don't forget Dio put out a couple live videos in the 80's...one from the Philadelphia Spectrum on the Last In Line tour, and Sacred Heart Live as well.

There are a couple other cool Dio DVD's out too - Evil Or Divine (live on the Killing the Dragon tour, I believe), We Rock (which is actually two performances from the first and second solo tours) & Holy Diver Live (which should be self-explanatory). Not enough Dio for ya? Check out the Rainbow DVD recorded live in Munich in 1977 with Cozy Powell and Bob Daisley in the band - stellar! And of course the Deep Purple DVD recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall, where Dio performs a couple songs with the band.
Old Aug-24-2010, 10:37 AM

UK

Originally Posted by toadsterama View Post
And of course the Deep Purple DVD recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall, where Dio performs a couple songs with the band.

I was there!

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Aug-24-2010, 2:17 PM

Netherlands

Of course I know about the 80's video stuff and so. There is more stuff, legal and illegal. Shows like Vreedenburgh Utrecht Holland (Holy Diver tour: official VHS: great stuff), of course live at the Spectrum (Last in Line tour), Pinkpop Holland (Last in Line Tour), Super Rock Japan (Sacred Heart Tour) and more.
But I mean't that Intermission was the only official live album (on LP later on CD) from the 80's.
By the way, Ronnie James Dio did a complete European tour with Deep Purple Concert for Group and Orchestra. I've seen them in Dortmund, Germany, in October 2000 (Westfalenhalle). DP was very good and RJD was excellent Long live RJD
Old Aug-25-2010, 2:19 PM

USA

Icon33

I have the DP box set which has several shows featuring Ronnie leading the band through solo stuff like Rainbow in the Dark. Way cool!

And yeah, you're right about the lack of a proper live album by Dio in the 80's. Wonder why there never was?

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
1977, 2000, album, book, solo, tour