g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Trapeze

Trapeze Talk about shows, setlists, albums, where are they now.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun-19-2010, 2:44 AM

UK

Sad/UnHappy RIP Andy Attwood - Toothy

Some of you will have seen Glenn's recent twitter -

"I have lost another brother.RIP Andy Attwood Honest and loyal friend since Childhood, U will NEVER be 4gotten, thanx for enriching my life X"

Andy was a great, down to earth bloke and frankly a one-off who was affectionately known to everyone as Toothy.

Friends with Mel and Glenn since school days, he was the main roadie for Trapeze from the beginning to the end, for Mel in Whitesnake and beyond and for Glenn every UK show of every solo tour. He also was on the crew for every band you've heard of - even the likes of Madonna and so on.

He was interviewed for Glenn's book and had so many stories he could have written his own. Never one for the limelight, his job was to make sure the band were ok and he made it happen night after night.

When Mel was ill he was there every day for him and his wife. He helped them both thru it. He'd have taken a bullet for Mel or Glenn.

I took Annette Galley to see him on Thursday evening and we watched Mexico take France apart. So glad we got to see him and tell him we loved him before he passed away.

The only picture i could find of him with the band is this one with Trapeze at the Cotton Bowl, Dallas. he is the guy standing on the left hand side of the stage as you look at the picture.

RIP Andy

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to wolfysmith For This Useful Post:
Old Jun-19-2010, 1:57 PM

USA

Icon32

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy twice. The first time was 16 years ago after a Trapeze show. For me it wasn't the most pleasent meeting
At our second meeting at Mel's 60th birthday party, we shared a couple of laughs and cold ones about the first meeting.

Just from hanging out with Andy for a while I can easily see how he was such an important part of Mel and Glenn's life....professionally and personally.

Chip's Sig:Chip
Old Jun-20-2010, 6:05 AM

UK

Yes Toothy always seemed such a pleasant mild mannered bloke when I have met him at some of the gigs and I think Wolfy you have summed him up so well. I send my love and thoughts to Glenn and to Wolfy and to all those who Toothy's existance made life better for him being in it! RIP Andy, take care of Mel! xxx

marieodonnelly's Sig:
Love and hugs xxx
Old Jun-25-2010, 11:57 AM

UK

Rock On Andy!

I drank most nights with Andy down our local at The Moderation in Rugeley. He used to keep me out very late with his neverending tales of his life in music and I always admired his sincere honesty over everything. He always took me as a guest to see Glenn at JB's and was very kind to me. I feel privileged to have spent time with this caring and considerate man. Take care Andy.

Jez

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Trapeze

Share Thread

Tags
book, glenn, Glenn Hughes, Mel Galley, solo, Toothy, tour, Trapeze