g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Media Centre Interviews & the Press; pictures, video & soundbytes.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct-19-2004, 1:45 PM

USA

Icon33 Glenn gets 20 Questions at Metal Sludge!

One of the more mild mannered 20 Questions

20 Questions with GH
Old Oct-20-2004, 12:00 PM

UK

Some honest and interesting answers there - especially the one about Iommi and GH rocking us in 2005 ?!! (The Classic Rock magazine review also asked about the possibility of a tour - yes please !). But did they have to use those dreadful cheesy photos from Return of Crystal Karma. You know, the ones with the Colgate smile.
Old Oct-20-2004, 12:07 PM

UK

We sometimes have to be thankful for the small stuff, steve28. At least he wasn't called Glenn Hugs.

Great reading, don't you think?

'There's a light in the distance, and a voice that cries freedom'
Old Oct-20-2004, 12:39 PM

USA

Glenn had some interesting things to say. But you're right, John - it was VERY mild compared to questions they've given past guests. Not sure I agree with his assessments of either Ian Gillan or Jeff Scott Soto. Gillan has sounded brilliant the past two times I've seen him, and I'm sure GH means well when he says it but Soto is no work in progress. He's in full effect, and at the top of his game.

WT
Old Oct-20-2004, 1:58 PM

USA

Ok I'm a pro singer, so I ought to know, I saw Gillan in Febuary in San Francisco and he was right on the money. He screamed all night, hit all the notes fine and he was in great voice. However I think by late August probably tour fatigue had set in. Lately I think atmospheric conditions can effect the voice...things like smog, fresh air. This is probably why Glenn lives near the ocean, because then he doesn't have pollution clogging up his throat and lungs. Gillan spent two days walking around SF in Feb, very fresh air...and little pollution compared to that early Sept date in LA when it was 100 degrees, smoggy and crappy.

John

Old Oct-20-2004, 7:31 PM

Finland

Hi,
nice questions and cool answers...can't wait Glenn's and Tony's new stuff...they've done nothing but classics!

5 albums per year...yes, Glenn has kept himself very busy indeed...been listening SLITCOA a lot lately and trip to the UK in December is so tempting idea...

It was good to notice that Metal Sludge used one of the pics I took from HTP's Helsinki concert...

Br,

T
Old Oct-24-2004, 9:35 AM

UK

Yes some interesting replies. You know I saw I an Gillan on an off night when he had flu and not once did he complain except to say "forgive me" when he couldn't get the intro of the song out. He is more philosophical and economical with his singing but I agree with John when he says that atmospheric conditions do help greatly. IG does smoke and Glenn doesn't. Neither of them drink (Glenn at all and IG at gigs. But I'd say the cigs were the biggest factor.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Share Thread

Tags
2005, albums, classic rock, GHPG.net, glenn, HTP, tour