g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Closed Thread

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar-14-2013, 1:06 PM

Netherlands

Let's go on with BCC mk 2
Old Mar-14-2013, 8:39 PM

Brazil

Originally Posted by willem View Post

Yes!!! Glenn, you can not leave the BCC die!!!
BCC Mk 2!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to mrburns For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-15-2013, 5:00 PM

USA

BCC mk 2 - I love it ! ..and I'm sure it will be better than the first !
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to bluebassman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-16-2013, 3:03 AM

Sweden

Icon38

Ok so BCC is not over.?.. Time for MKII
Old Mar-16-2013, 3:44 PM

USA

Thumbs up

I believe they bought (and own) the name Black Country. Could be an angle to bring in Jimmy Page, drop the Communion, and simply be Black Country? Thoughts?
Old Mar-17-2013, 2:56 AM

Germany

Thanked 1,417 Times in 809 Posts
Originally Posted by BCCRocks64 View Post
I believe they bought (and own) the name Black Country. Could be an angle to bring in Jimmy Page, drop the Communion, and simply be Black Country? Thoughts?

Nope, they didn't buy the name because this other band BC wanted to cash in and asked for, hmmm, half a million dollars I believe. Hence the name BCC came up.

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-17-2013, 6:07 AM

Brazil

We fans have a commitment and a new mission: BCC MK2!!
Old Mar-17-2013, 11:45 AM

USA

Thanks for the name history lioness. Ready for BCC MKII, but who would be the best replacement for Joe that is available?
Old Mar-17-2013, 3:33 PM

Germany

Thanks for the name history lioness. Ready for BCC MKII, but who would be the best replacement for Joe that is available?

Well, it would have to be somebody who is totally committed to BCC. Somebody who has a name but is not too famous and is still hungry for success. Somebody who is willing to tour!!!

I personally don't think that Jimmy Page is the right man for BCC. He is still too much involved with everything Led Zep.

If you're interested in the name history - Glenn talks about it in debth in this interview from 2010:

http://espyrock.com/interviews/interview-glenn-hughes-black-country-communion

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
Old Mar-17-2013, 11:14 PM

UK

Said before but I'll say it..............Richie Kotzen

Ben's Sig:

Cheers,
Ben !!
Old Mar-18-2013, 1:45 AM

France

Richie Kotzen will be an excellent choice.
He's a fantastic guitarist and he could share the vocals with Glenn.
Old Mar-18-2013, 4:13 AM

France

do you really serious when you think that BCC could be exist on future ??

I'm sure that Glenn walk on the next move IMHO..
Old Mar-18-2013, 5:54 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by Stormbringer74 View Post

Listen again to the Heidi & Frank interview at 8:23

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-18-2013, 12:19 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,930 Times in 2,749 Posts
Originally Posted by Stormbringer74 View Post

I'm sure that Glenn walk on the next move IMHO..

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
Listen again to the Heidi & Frank interview at 8:23

...the music will live on, but I doubt under the BCC moniker... what with J&R being in that mix. It would seem to me, to be more practical to start a new... so we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds
Old Mar-18-2013, 4:53 PM

Brazil

Originally Posted by Cobud View Post
Richie Kotzen will be an excellent choice.
He's a fantastic guitarist and he could share the vocals with Glenn.

Richie is amazing. I love it, is a great guitarist and has a fantastic voice. Probably lots of interesting things could happen with his entry in the band but still do not know if his style would fit in the BCC. I do not see much "hard" in his playing, do not know if for something more hard rock seventies he would do something good for the BCC.
With the Page, I would be too afraid of the band become a cover of Led Zeppelin or a "New Led Zeppelin", the same could happen with the project "Coverdale - Page," which did not please (although I feel very good) by lacking originality in their sound.
A guitarist who I think could come in and break it Doug Aldrich, by hard, technique, feeling and influence in blues and hard Rock seventies, but surely it is impossible for their commitment with Whitesnake.
Either way would have to be someone with a strong influence of the seventies, a strong influence of blues and blues rock ... and not be a virtuoso without feeling, then: John Sykes no way!!! hahahaha
Old Mar-19-2013, 12:52 AM

Finland

Icon37

I think problem with BCC is that it started as a Glenn + Joe thing which expanded to a band (hobby) and in the end all 4 members were equally important...so that means that no one can be replaced without - BAND -losing something important...

Of course Deep Purple became even better with Bolin...and Van Halen with Hagar...but that kind of thing doesn't happen too often....so I'm not holding my breath.

NEXT!

T
Old Mar-19-2013, 2:25 AM

France

Originally Posted by David View Post
...the music will live on, but I doubt under the BCC moniker... what with J&R being in that mix. It would seem to me, to be more practical to start a new... so we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds

agree...
Old Mar-19-2013, 4:32 PM

USA

What's up with the BCC website still being down for maintenance? Is this a sign that an update is looming?
Old Mar-19-2013, 4:39 PM

zUKUSA

What's up with the BCC website still being down for maintenance? Is this a sign that an update is looming?

...maybe a website update, but that's about it for now I would suspect, trust me it's obviously J&R trying to make you think things are active and something imminent is coming down the pike... well, there is, but not from BCC
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-19-2013, 7:10 PM

USA

Pat Thrall would be awesome. A guitar player that sings is really needed though.
Old Mar-20-2013, 3:37 AM

France

Originally Posted by David View Post
...maybe a website update, but that's about it for now I would suspect, trust me it's obviously J&R trying to make you think things are active and something imminent is coming down the pike... well, there is, but not from BCC

thanks for the precision... perfect !
Old Mar-20-2013, 6:24 AM

UK

Icon34

I hope it’s reincarnation for Derek, Jason and Glenn with a guitar player worthy of the status of this fine group of musicians. I hope Kevin Shirley is also involved because clearly there is a huge market for this music. With a good management team and record deal in place the success these guys deserve will come to them.Hopefully there will be album late summer and tour world tour in the fall.

Now for the guitar player...Jimmy Page with a mixture of Zep, BCC and new stuff !!! after all No Quarter was just off the hook live when I saw BCC play that !!!

I am probably so far of the mark it aint true but its great fun guessing!!
Old Mar-20-2013, 6:50 AM

UK

Icon34

I have to say the whole BCC thing has just been handled so poorly from a PR exercise. I could see things from Joe’s perspective for quite some time but he has contradicted himself saying he is not to blame for BCC not touring and then admitting he did want to tour, then he makes “I ve left the band leave me alone” statements on his own fan forum. His latest little outburst on his forum is a right hissy fit. I wish him well but clearly a band project is not for Joe ! His continued little jibes at Glenn demonstrate he does not like sharing the spotlight!! All that really happened was that Glenn told the truth as to why BCC would not tour. Now it’s a fact from the man who denied it had anything to do with him.

The truth shall set you free!!!
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Mark3 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-20-2013, 11:02 AM

USA

I have followed this thread with some interest myself, but I have to say that I sincerely believe that BBC has done it's thing and is well and truly over.

That's not too say that it couldn't be revived at some point, (even with another guitarist - though it's unlikley, John Norum would be my personal pick), but I think the band's momentum has been lost and they could only really re-establish itself with a new line-up and a new album, and I just don't think that that is in the cards.

Joe Bonamassa's business group is too intertwined in everything BCC, and so w/o Bonamassa in the band...

I'd love to see Glenn include both Jason Bonham and/or Derek Sherininan in some future project or band, but I suspect that if he does it definitely won't be BCC.

It was good while it lasted, but then all good things come to an end, so its time for Glenn to move on to the next exciting and creative adventure in his musical career I'd say.

-Marc Fevre
Napa, CA
Old Mar-20-2013, 11:07 AM

Bulgaria

Originally Posted by Marc Fevre View Post
I have followed this thread with some interest myself, but I have to say that I sincerely believe that BBC has done it's thing and is well and truly over.

That's not too say that it couldn't be revived at some point, (even with another guitarist - though it's unlikley, John Norum would be my personal pick), but I think the band's momentum has been lost and they could only really re-establish itself with a new line-up and a new album, and I just don't think that that is in the cards.

Joe Bonamassa's business group is too intertwined in everything BCC, and so w/o Bonamassa in the band...

I'd love to see Glenn include both Jason Bonham and/or Derek Sherininan in some future project or band, but I suspect that if he does it definitely won't be BCC.

It was good while it lasted, but then all good things come to an end, so its time for Glenn to move on to the next exciting and creative adventure in his musical career I'd say.

-Marc Fevre
Napa, CA

You just read my mind...can't say it better than that...
Old Mar-20-2013, 11:45 AM

Netherlands

In fact, I don"t give a **** if it is GLENN with his solo band or with BCC : Glenn music is Glenn music is good music
Old Mar-21-2013, 3:11 AM

France

Originally Posted by Joni_Smilkova View Post
You just read my mind...can't say it better than that...

agree...
Old Mar-21-2013, 8:11 AM

Bulgaria

In fact, I don"t give a **** if it is GLENN with his solo band or with BCC : Glenn music is Glenn music is good music

100% RIGHT!!! When Glenn is in the project he makes miracle...just divine music...with or without Joe he will do it...
Old Mar-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Germany

In a recent interview with a German newspaper Joe Bonamassa says about BCC:

Quote:
"In three years we did three albums and a live record. Now the band is just on ice. It will depend on what all want to do. It was never planned as something long-ranging. You know, such bands come and go. We had our fun. That's enough for me."

www.schwaebische.de/journal/kultur/musik_artikel,-Ich-will-einfach-nur-Gitarre-spielen-_arid,5406983.html

I think I should stop googling for news about BCC. The more I read from JB about BCC the more upset I get...
He even contradicts himself in a short statement like this ("...will depend on what all want to do..." - but it's enough for him).

I also still don't understand all the activities of his management with the accounts and the website of BCC. It makes me really angry. If it's over for Joe it would be nicer to leave it all alone. I mean, another German page is even speculating there would be a fourth album of BCC in the pipeline.

As a real fan of BCC I feel more and more twitted by Joe and his management

I wish they would leave us the good memories of BCC as a fantastic rock band instead of repeating it was just a short time fun project.

And no, meanwhile I don't want a BCC MKII anymore, I hope Glenn starts with a new band. But I would appreciate Derek and Jason in it. And of course I'm looking forward to live shows - with hopefully some BCC songs as well

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-21-2013, 12:43 PM

zUKUSA

OK, I think it's time to close this thread out soon, now that Glenn has told us all the current state of what was BCC via his recent interview with Rockline (if you can't hear it from here, it'll be available on the Rockline Replay page shortly).

Quote:
Glenn Hughes... is Afterglow the last Black Country album? I believe so, not with myself, Derek and Jason. Unfortunately we won't be able to use the name, because Joe has taken it with him. So we'll be called something else. But everyone is on good speaking terms, it's been a period of grace now, where we can move on. But the band itself without Joe will continue. You know why? Because we love the songs and the fans. Those songs belong to the fans now, BCC fans rule. Thank you so much for the love. We shall return, you have my word... with a great guitar player.

It's going to be OK, the fact is I came up with the name, but Joe and his manager own the name, so we'll move on. No tears, just the legacy continues. We love you!

The Following 5 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
013, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2020, album, albums, bands, Black Country Communion, book, classic rock, cover, drums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, guitar, history, jason bonham, joe bonamassa, Kings Of Chaos, press, related, sensitive, solo, solo album, tickets, tour