g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar-02-2010, 2:12 PM

UK

Icon34 BBC4 Heavy Metal Night this Friday

This Friday - March 5th - on digital channel BBC 4 there is a decent looking line-up of programmes.

Starting at 9pm till 10.30pm - Heavy Metal Britannia.

"Nigel Planer narrates a documentary which traces the origins and development of British heavy metal from its humble beginnings in the industrialised Midlands to its proud international triumph.
In the late 60s a number of British bands were forging a new kind of sound. Known as hard rock, it was loud, tough, energetic and sometimes dark in outlook. They didn't know it, but Deep Purple, Uriah Heep and, most significantly, Black Sabbath were defining what first became heavy rock and then eventually heavy metal."

Contributors include Lemmy, Tony Iommi, Ian Gillan, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson and Biff Byford.

the following are listed as being played in the show:

The Kinks — You Really Got Me
Jimi Hendrix — Wild Thing
Cream — Sunshine Of Your Love
Arthur Brown — Fire
Blue Cheer — Summertime Blues
Vanilla Fudge — You Keep Me Hangin' On
Edgar Broughton Band — American Boy Soldier
Edgar Broughton Band — Love In The Rain
Led Zeppelin — Dazed and Confused
Black Sabbath — Black Sabbath
Deep Purple — Child in Time
Black Sabbath — Paranoid
Deep Purple — Black Knight
Black Sabbath — N.I.B.
Deep Purple — Highway Star
Judas Priest — Breaking The Law
Judas Priest — Contract on You
Janis Joplin — Take Another Little Bit if my Heart
Black Sabbath — Children of the Grave
Motörhead — Motorhead
Saxon — Wheels of Steel
Diamond Head — Am I Evil?
Iron Maiden — Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden — Run to the Hills

Then at 10.30 till 11pm - Heavy Metal at the BBC

"Compilation of memorable heavy metal performances from BBC TV shows, including Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Motorhead."

11pm till midnight - Iron Maiden Live In Concert

"A 60-minute concert filmed in different cities around the world in early 2008 in which this British rock and roll export demonstrate why they are perhaps the global force in metal with songs like Fear of the Dark, Wasted Years, Number of the Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Taken from the concert film Somewhere Back In Time Live."

Finally, at midnight - Rock Family Trees - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Cant remember if Glenn is in this but i'm sure David will know!

and check out this show on Saturday night - Deep Purple People

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to wolfysmith For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-02-2010, 5:10 PM

USA

cool

i wish i could see it -u know what i saw the other day on vh1 wolfy-THE MOST SHOCKING MOMENTS In ROCK-being vh1 and mtv thinking that all music began with the video age i figured out who would be number 1-guess who? michael jacksons death --MICHAEL JACKSON DIDNT PLAY NO DAM ROCK-EVER
Old Mar-02-2010, 11:00 PM

UK

i know what u mean Tony! i remember seeing some kind of "top rock bands" thing on tv here where the top ten was bands of the mtv era ie Bon Jovi and Def Leppard onwards cos they could show a sing-along visdeo, whereas Purple were down the bottom because all they could show was Black Night being mimed to from the BBC in 1970.

Having Slash play a solo doesnt make you rock!

I forgot to say that on BBC4 on thursday night they are showing Iron Maiden - Flight 666

"A film that documents the first leg of Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back in Time world tour, which took them 50,000 miles around the planet playing 23 concerts on five continents in just 45 days.
One of the stars of the movie is the customised Boeing 757, Ed Force One, which carried the band, their crew and 12 tons of stage equipment and was piloted by airline captain and Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson.
The film gives a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at what happened on and off stage, when Maiden gave full access to a camera crew for the first time, and contains some of the most spectacular live footage yet seen of the band.
Taking the viewer from Mumbai to Santiago, LA to Sydney, Tokyo to San Paolo and all points between, through exhaustion and fan pandemonium, travelling with band and crew on the plane, to and from shows, in the bar and during leisure time, this really is Access All Areas."

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
1970, 2008, bands, BBC, Black Sabbath, glenn, Ian Gillan, solo, Tony Iommi, tour, uriah heep