g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul-18-2005, 5:49 PM

USA

Arrow Fused Stealth

Hi,

just a quick 'hi' from my vacation address here in Sarasota FLA.
And yeah there's also scorching heat on the gulf of mexico where i spent the whole day boating yesterday....we brought some
Heineken light...light...(yes light, new marketing in the US!!!!) with us....

It's good to walk into a random CD-store in Tampa just to bump into the new releases section and find the STEALTH soundtrack plus the FUSED CD.........(couldn't find SOUL MOVER tho....could be in the soul section of course...just didn't look there....)

I actually bought the stealth soundtrack and yes the version is quite good with John Frusciante taking over the 'flute' section on his guitar...Glenn is his good usual self...but to me nobody can top the original....it should give Glenn a lot of exposure , teaming up with the pepper people....

btw in every rock magazine Black Sabbath is featured (ozzfest) and the fun part is when Iommi gets interviewed he namedrops Glenn and the Fused album.....

ps btw: strange.... shop personnel ask for your zip-code when you buy stuff..they use it for marketing techniques and so on...i always politely decline...they always seem to think it's weird that you won't give it to them...in my turn i find that weird...
Old Jul-18-2005, 7:57 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Hey Ad, pleased you're enjoying sunny Florida. You shoulda let us know and stop by for a brew or something Anyway, yes, it's cool to walk into a mainstream store and see these on the shelf, we even spotted Soul Mover when it first came out, although haven't see any recently. Guess they sold out
Old Jul-19-2005, 7:23 AM

USA

huh

i thought you were located in california????
Old Jul-19-2005, 7:40 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
We moved coast to coast recently
Old Jul-20-2005, 4:12 AM

USA

Originally Posted by Ad

ps btw: strange.... shop personnel ask for your zip-code when you buy stuff..they use it for marketing techniques and so on...i always politely decline...they always seem to think it's weird that you won't give it to them...in my turn i find that weird...

It's even more goofy when you use their own credit card and they have the billing info, and still want the zip code. I usualy give them one from Montana or a Postal Code for British Columbia...kinda tosses a wrench into the marketing wheel.

And, as David said, why not let anyune know you were coming to stormy Florida ?? A few of us are not all that far from you and a few pops would never hurt anyone.
Old Jul-20-2005, 3:41 PM

USA

Ah well bummer David....I thought maybe you'd moved across town...so we've lost you in California... Yes speaking of Fused/Stealth....I had Fused on the CD player and was driving around and looked up and saw a billboard for Stealth...and thought "well Glenn's on that too". Not too many times that will happen around town.

John
Old Jul-20-2005, 6:51 PM

USA

Originally Posted by JohnH
Ah well bummer David....I thought maybe you'd moved across town...so we've lost you in California...

Hey John.....actually David and I look at it as California have lost us, not the other way round

Funnily enough I was out your way last weekend, well sort of....Costa Mesa! At the local fair where Ann & Nancy were headlining A great show and well worth the trip. Thought I spotted Lou Carrier in the audience, tried to get his attention but it was during Barracuda, so was more focused on the stage

Next time, will let you know if either of us are out West - you can always catch us on the same number you have.
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
annnanocf0705.jpg  

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
album, Coast to Coast, David, glenn, guitar, soul mover