g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar-22-2009, 8:22 AM

USA

Icon33 NY NJ Question ?

Here is a question for all of you who are familiar with the NYC and New Jersey area. I am travelling in for Glenn's gig this coming weekend, and I wanted to know if there are any cool record/cd shops that are worth seeking out and paying a visit ? I know in this day an age record stores are a dying breed, but I thought I would ask. I am going to be in New Jersey and in the city as well.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I am always looking for cool stores that carry imports, rock and metal.

Thanks,

Pat
Old Mar-22-2009, 11:22 AM

USA

every time that i go to NY (including next weekend), i go to Bleaker Street Records. it's on Bleaker St. i take the "N" or the "R" to 8th st. , cut through Washington square park and i usually find Bleaker st. w/out much hassle. i think you go down Sutherland st (?) and that crosses Bleaker St., go right on Bleaker and it's not too far down on the right. They have a sign hanging on the front of the store. They also have a sister store a few blocks away from that. they can give you directions. i've been there too, but don't exactly remember how to get there. the 2nd store carries a little heavier music if i remember correctly, but definently check out the Bleaker st. location if you get down into the village area. then, there's always the Virgin super store @ time square. i'm sure that i'm going to Bleaker st. if you wanna hook up, message me and i'll give you my #. i'll be in town Fri.-Sun. (leaving Mon. morning)
Old Mar-22-2009, 12:07 PM

USA

purple, I love you.

But the street is spelled Bleecker Street.
(I grew up in the West Village on Downing Street,
located between Varick and Bleecker.......and Carmine
and West Houston. So I kinda' know the area.)

Poor "Pat the tourist" would go slightly crazy trying to do a Map Quest.
(smithy55 ~ If you print up a Glenn Hughes discography, and carry it with you at all times,
you'll at least know what you're looking for. Uhhh....it's a long list!)
__________________________________________________ ________________

Real record stores in Jersey? You betcha'

Zig Zag Records ~ (Make sure that you tell Phil di Benedetto that you're a GHCP!)
East Pointe Plaza
State Highway Route 36
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey 07716
1-732-708-1666
fax: 1-732-708-1820

Vintage Vinyl ~
51 Lafayette Road (parallel to Route 1 North)
Fords, New Jersey 08863
1-732-225-7717
fax: 1-732-225-6948

Sound Exchange ~
1482 Route 23 North (2 miles north of the Willowbrook Mall)
Wayne, New Jersey 07470
1-973-694-6049
fax:1-973-696-1358

PS..........I THINK.....that the Times Square Virgin Megastore has closed

Old Mar-22-2009, 4:06 PM

USA

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

Yes indeed, the Virgin store in Times Square is indeed out of business; I saw an ad in the Voice for the closing liquidation and did pay a visit; think of a turkey 3 days after Thanksgiving and you get an idea of what the inventory was like..I walked out empty handed.

I will have to take a trip down to Bleeker Street Records and a journey to Zig Zag Records will have to be put in the cards too. The only places on Long Island that I know of are the two Mister Cheapo stores; one in Commack and the original store in Mineola.

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Mar-22-2009, 4:14 PM

USA

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will check out the stores Grace has suggested in NJ. I was in NYC for Glenn's 2007 BB King's gig and I hit some stores in the village, and I wasn't too impressed. Lots of vinyl, but not much of what I was hoping to find.

Thanks again and I am sure the show will be amazing....

I hope Glenn will do a meet and greet afterward.

Pat
Old Mar-23-2009, 9:27 AM

USA

Bill,
What's the deal w/ the zig zag music store ? i don't think that i know that one. where is it ?
peas,

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
2007, albums, classic rock, Deep Purple, GHCP, glenn, Glenn Hughes, journey, tommy bolin, Trapeze