g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Media Centre Interviews & the Press; pictures, video & soundbytes.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul-12-2005, 11:30 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,853 Times in 2,722 Posts
Icon32 More Press - FUSED

For those of you in Japan - you should check out the latest edition of BURRN! Magazine where GLENN and Tony Iommi are interviewed by Valerie Potter. Apparently Fused gets a glowing review too.

And for those in Europe, the Iommi/Hughes partnership adorns the cover of Dutch published, Headache Magazine, plus the latest issue of Aardschok, also contains an interview with the guys by Gerd Jan Vleugels.
Old Jul-15-2005, 5:38 AM

Japan

Ooops David ! You are quicker than I am

I need to go to a bookshop tomorow
Old Jul-19-2005, 10:16 AM

zUKUSA

Icon33 Iommi Interview

Here's an interview with Tony Iommi from the most recent issue of USA based publication, Volume Entertainment Mag -Volume 1, Issue 8.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf volume_mag_issue_08.pdf (106.6 KB, 16 views)
Old Jul-22-2005, 10:12 AM

zUKUSA

Icon33 Black Sabbath veterans are "Fused" for Ozzfest

Black Sabbath veterans are "Fused" for Ozzfest

BY MARK VOGER
STAFF WRITER
Asbury Park Press

It's a strange thing how Tony Iommi keeps having bitter breakups with Black Sabbath singers — followed decades later by happy reunions.

Iommi is the founding guitarist for Black Sabbath, and the only member to participate in every lineup since the band formed in drizzly Birmingham, England, 37 years ago. (Black Sabbath is headlining the Ozzfest 2005 tour set to land in Holmdel this week.)

Founding Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne - the namesake of the tour - was booted out of Sabbath in 1979 after a stormy period of band infighting and substance abuse. Today, Iommi and Osbourne are reunited in Sabbath.

History recently repeated itself for Iommi, with likewise happy results.

In 1989, singer/bassist Glenn Hughes (Trapeze, Deep Purple) joined Black Sabbath for a one-album hitch. Hughes, who is now clean and sober, admits he was hardly on his best behavior at the time.

Now, like Iommi and Osbourne before them, Iommi and Hughes have let bygones be bygones. Hughes is singing for Iommi's solo band; their second album together, Fused (Sanctuary), is out this month.

"I got in touch with Glenn and we decided to get together and let's see how we get on," Iommi says from England.

"He came over and we just started writing again. It all clicked in very, very quick. We got a drummer (Kenny Aronoff), just to jam along with us. We just started writing, and it felt really good.

"The excitement was ridiculous. We were like a couple of kids. We really got a thrill from what we were doin'. We really appreciate what we've got and the chance of being able to write together again."

On Fused, Iommi and company played their parts with few overdubs or digital tricks.

"We wanted to capture it live and all play together," Iommi says. "It enabled us to play in the studio live, which was good fun. Particularly on the last track (I Go Insane), which is quite a long track. Playing that live was really a test because if you make a mistake in it, you've gotta do it all again.

"So I think it kept us all on our toes."

Iommi considered pulling double-duty at Ozzfest 2005; that is, playing two sets per show, one with Sabbath and one with Hughes.

"We did actually think of that first," Iommi says with a laugh. "But it's probably a bit strange to go on before ourselves, if you know what I mean - to go on with Glenn and then go on with Sabbath. I think on this occasion, we thought it best just to do it with the Sabbath lineup. But certainly, in future, I'd love to do some (live) stuff with Glenn."

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050722/ENT/507220333/1031/ENT
Old Jul-23-2005, 3:30 PM

zUKUSA

Icon34 UK Press Ad....

Here's a print press advertisement that's doing the rounds in the UK music magazines for Fused.
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
fused_ad.jpg  
Old Jul-24-2005, 2:20 PM

USA

Icon16

Nice of them to mention:

www.iommi.com
www.sanctuarygroup.com

Too bad that there isn't a web site named:

www.glennhughes.com
OR
www.GHPG.net

I guess that that's too much to expect, huh, David?

Old Oct-27-2005, 9:10 AM

Austria

and another article on "Fused"

Here's an article I discovered recently when I sat through the support act of Arena in the foyer of Planet Music (the same venue HTP have played two times here in Vienna) in their own planet.tt magazine, May 2005 edition. It's in German, so I have included a rough translation. It won't go down into the archives as a legendary article, basically the interview questions are plain stupid, but it's good to see Glenn mentioned.

IOMMI
Fused & The Queen

On June 20th he is going to play Vienna Stadthalle with Black Sabbath. Only a month later (July 11th) his latest Solo-Album "Fused" (Sanctuary) will be released, again with Glenn Hughes on lead vocals. "And he's singing better than ever", Iommi says in the interview. On the other hand, Kenny Aronoff, a legend in his own right his roots in commercial and radio-orientated fields, is a first-timer in Metal. "He wanted it that way" says Iommi, not very talkative as it seems. Also when asked about his status as a legend and an icon for thousands of guitarists who put him into musical heaven next to other guitar-gods he only nods friendly "Yes I Know". Only when asked about his recent meeting with The Queen (of England that is) the dark master is showing a little sign of emotion, a small laugh, more a giggle included: "Yeah. Suddenly people that would never have given a **** are looking up to us. Quite funny..."

Cheers,
Christian
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
IOMMIPLANETT.jpg  
Old Mar-04-2007, 9:18 PM

Ireland

Such a shame this hasn't come about yet Here's an audio interview with Iommi talking about looking forward to going out on the road with Glenn back in 2005

YouTube Video
Old Mar-05-2007, 3:48 PM

USA

cool

thanls for this paul - i thought if glenn sang any sabbath songs they would pick something after ozzy left- this was a bitter disapointment for me when this tour didnt happen and i have to say that if glenn had toured with iommi it would have helped him big time in the usa
Old Mar-07-2007, 10:16 AM

USA

Y'know, I've recently revisited this album to try and like it but I still can't get into it. I can always find something to like on every Glenn-related release (and I love both Seventh Star and the Iommi-Hughes Dep Sessions) but this CD just left me cold from the day of release. GH's albums released in the wake of this, Soul Mover and Music for the Divine are so much more satisyfing. I don't want to be mean but I'm glad this tour never took place. We have so much great new music instead and, maybe just maybe, we might get a full SOLO US tour out of it all...

Brian
Old Mar-07-2007, 8:59 PM

USA

I liked parts of Fused but would have to say I never loved it or played it much so I'm in your boat. Too much mid tempo riffs that all start to blend in together.

JH

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Share Thread

Tags
1979, 1989, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2005, 7th star, album, albums, backing, bass, cover, David, Deep Purple, drums, dutch, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, guitar, history, HTP, London, Los Angeles, Pat Thrall, press, related, Shirean, solo, solo album, soul mover, tickets, tour, track, Trapeze, win, YouTube