g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr-07-2005, 3:47 PM

USA

Lightbulb sixth star

How many of us GHCP have this boot? I kind of like it for it's rareity, how different it is, and especially for how Big Daddy made it my favorite Sabbath album! Jeff's vocals are pretty good, but our boy definitely stepped up to the plate and made this album a GREAT piece of Sabbath history! I have not heard any of Jeff's gospel stuff.

Hope he is successfull though, cuz' he is a part of Sab history. The GREATEST boot of all though is Ray Eternal Idol!!! By Far!!! Can you think of any better? Oh yea, there is that Pat Boone Sabbath Tribute! Go Pat!!!
Old Apr-07-2005, 6:33 PM

Brazil

I have a bootleg with Jeff Fenholt! He's a good singer, but this songs sounds much better with Glenn Hughes.
Old Apr-08-2005, 12:10 PM

UK

Mark, tell me more about the Pat Boone Sabbath tribute!!!! I have his "No More Mr Nice Guy - Pat Boone In A Metal Mood" cd which is one of my favourite daft albums ever, so I crave more info on a Sabbath tribute!

JG

James Gaden's Sig:"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

www.solitaryvision.co.uk www.jamesgaden.co.uk www.myspace.com/jamesgaden
Old Apr-08-2005, 1:44 PM

Finland

Icon37 Jeff Fenholt

hi,
I like Jeff Fenholt on 6th Star. He did a good job. BUT Glenn did something magnificient!

You can read from Garry Sharpe Young's Black Sabbath book how impressed Dave Spitz was when he saw that while singing those songs in studio Glenn was sitting... How many singers can do that?
btw. according that book Glenn played also some bass on that album....but didn't get any credit... as usual...

T
Old Apr-08-2005, 1:51 PM

USA

Hi James,
Sorry about that, I was just being a wise guy about Pat Boone.
I heard Alice Cooper on a local radio show, he said his mom would not let him play with Pat Boone.
PEACE
Mark
Old Apr-08-2005, 11:57 PM

Ireland

Talking

Originally Posted by James Gaden
I have his "No More Mr Nice Guy - Pat Boone In A Metal Mood" cd which is one of my favourite daft albums ever, so I crave more info on a Sabbath tribute!

JG

If you like daft albums, you should check out the latest from Paul Anka called Rock Swings which features covers of Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor), Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden) and Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) to name just a few from this 14 track CD
Old Apr-09-2005, 12:51 AM

Netherlands

I have this bootleg titles as "Star of India". It's a Japanese import factory pressed cd. Very nice done.

Yours is called "Sixth star" ? Could you please tell me something about this boot? Is this a cd-r or also a factory pressed cd?

I just love this era of Sabbath. First we had this great great line up with Ian Gillan (BORN AGAIN RULES) and than we had Glenn we a very short period.

Anybody has the cd "Turn to Glenn" which are rehearsal for the Seventh Star tour? To bad it isn't the full show ...
Old Apr-10-2005, 5:45 AM

Spain

"Star of India"

uau, Today I download a version od "Star of India", the sound is alright, I think that Jeff Frenholt was a very good singer and did a good work in this "album", the lyrics and melodies is not the same of the defenitive album, seventh star, but the songs sounds very well for me too.
Anyone know some of information about Jeff Frenholt, discography, web site... please tell me ok?

-NANDO-
Old Apr-10-2005, 5:45 AM

Spain

"Star of India"

uau, Today I download a version od "Star of India", the sound is alright, I think that Jeff Frenholt was a very good singer and did a good work in this "album", the lyrics and melodies is not the same of the defenitive album, seventh star, but the songs sounds very well for me too.
Anyone know have some of information about Jeff Frenholt, discography, web site... please tell me ok?

-NANDO-
Old Apr-08-2010, 9:18 AM

USA

5years later!!!
I just discovered these demos. And while I love 7th Star (that and Phenomena lead to my GH addiction) I though Glenn had more to do with the writing. I'm kinda disappointed now that the music (On a least 4 tracks) was complete. Obviously Glenn is responsible for Melody and some lyrics.
I don't know... I just thought there was more Glenn in there!!

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
7th star, addiction, album, albums, bass, book, GHCP, glenn, Glenn Hughes, history, tour, track