g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Media Centre Interviews & the Press; pictures, video & soundbytes.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul-14-2003, 6:50 AM

UK

Classic Rock August edition

Hi all,

I’ve not had much to say here recently but as I have been appointed official watcher of this rag by Grace here are a few snippets of what might be of interest to GHPG readers from the new August issue which I briefly skimmed through this morning.

As expected, no letters printed about their in depth review of SIKTOR – but there are several agreeing with the slating they gave Metallica’s St. Anger.
It was probably too close to press for any mention of Purple’s disappointing shows.

The good news is that they mentioned Trapeze – twice!

MLP records are releasing “Trapeze – Live at the Boat Club 1975? on September 1st. Does anybody have any more info on this cd?

Secondly, there is a good & positive review of “On the Highwire? although they only give it the usual 3 stars. I will post this review by end of the week in the Trapeze area unless someone else beats me to it.

Ritchie & Candice’s new “Ghost of a Rose? also gets 3 stars. I’ve got it but haven’t listened to it yet as SIKTOR and BTM have been the only things on my play list recently.

As a separate story, last night I saw Gerry Marsden, Mike D’Abo, Brian Poole, Mike Pender and Dave Berry live. These guys are still going strong and know how to get a large audience going with a night of classic hits. A show like this always gives me hope that one day Glenn will be back on the big stages where his talent belongs.
Old Jul-14-2003, 11:22 AM

UK

You beat me to it, wolfysmith! (aka official watcher)

I've posted the clip on Glenn's site. And I too want to know more information on the Nottingham CD. Anyone?
Old Jul-14-2003, 12:35 PM

USA

I have the new Blackmore's Night CD, and I like it. Listened to it several times in the car in Germany last week. I have to say this and my other BN Cd's really added so much to my trip last week. The perfect music for blasting through the Germany countryside!!! But I also had Sitkor and Boston's new one Corporate America and DP's Who Do We Think We Are. But the BN just seemed so appropriate.

JH
Old Jul-14-2003, 9:37 PM

UK

Love Blackmore's Night live. Ghost Of A Rose is again a great CD, but i feel that after a few plays you begin to think that the songs are becoming a little too similar to stuff from the previous Cd's.

Although I don't want to sound too negative ,because i do like the CD.

Maybe it's because when Glenn releases a new CD you don't really know what to expect i.e could be rock or funk or soul or a mixture of all three.
Must just be me wanting different styles all the time
Suppose i need to find a band that has differnet members every CD/Tour and never plays the same song twice !!!! LOLOL

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not,
none will suffice.
Old Jul-15-2003, 5:57 AM

USA

Wolfysmith and Shirl,

OK, OK, you can BOTH be the official watchdogs to report back to all of us!

(These people who make their living by "reviewing" music for rock magazines.......
it's like when you put on someone else's prescription glasses, and your vision is blurry.......
some people have no clue.)
Old Jul-16-2003, 12:32 AM

Finland

quote:
Originally posted by wolfysmith:
As expected, no letters printed about their in depth review of SIKTOR – but there are several agreeing with the slating they gave Metallica’s St. Anger.

I think Classic Rock would make a good review of SITKOR only if the Frontiers Records would post it to Classic Rocks office. They do not pay for the records as the rest of us.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Media Centre

Share Thread

Tags
1975, 1st, classic rock, glenn, press, styles, tour, Trapeze