g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Album Reviews

Album Reviews Share your review or opinion on Glenn's past & current releases.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec-30-2009, 5:10 PM

UK

Just been showing the DVD to Martin's family up in bonnie wee Scotland - they've now gone to bed and I'm rewatching it! I simply can't get enough of this DVD - the second night of Trapeze songs definitely did have a different kind of magic funkified believer and I remember we were all having such a party dancing away at the front - I'm on Black Cloud at the minute and that song always just makes me feel so alive - particularly on this DVD remembering how we were in the audience on the night! Dancing away surrounded by friends and fellow GH fans also dancing and singing along - was such a feeling of elation that just doesn't happen very often! Jury was electrifying and still is after watching umpteen times. I will always love Don't let Me Bleed and Mistreated - I have special gig memories of each of those songs. In fact each song on the DVD gives me a wonderful warm memory of this particular weekend and many other gigs at that! Love it Love it Love it!!!! xxxx
Old Jan-04-2010, 9:46 AM

UK

Yeah, got mine too. Excellent stuff, just how I remember it, no drinking anymore, stange sensation - the memory of a gig, no bad thing!!
Here's hoping for more live and studio stuff in 2010.
Great website, keep up the good work.
Old Jan-11-2010, 3:40 PM

USA

this dvd works in every player i have tryed except for my samsung dvd recorder i cant believe i have that many region free players i didnt know about dont get me wrong im not complaining its just amazing to me
Old Jan-24-2010, 10:40 AM

Slovakia

Also I have some problem with playing this DVD on my DVD recorder (SAMSUNG). Sometime DVD play sometime DVD doesn´t play. (DAEWOO DVD player - no problem). Is the problem on DVD recorder or DVD disc?
Old Jan-24-2010, 10:46 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 6,101 Times in 2,818 Posts
Originally Posted by mattias32 View Post
Also I have some problem with playing this DVD on my DVD recorder (SAMSUNG). Sometime DVD play sometime DVD doesn´t play. (DAEWOO DVD player - no problem). Is the problem on DVD recorder or DVD disc?

Pleased to hear you can at least play it It's a PAL disc, so not sure if that's the issue for you; you didn't mention whether you're using a multi-format player. Not every player is standard unfortunately, so there are always going to be possible issues.

Anyway, the NTSC edition should be available soon, so if you pick one of those up, you might have more consistent playback results. But again, it will really depend on your hardware. It sounds like the Samsung brand is problematic, as you appear not to be the only one with issues with Samsung!
Old Jan-25-2010, 9:45 AM

Slovakia

I think that the problem is not the player but the DVD disc. Sometimes the player plays it without problems and sometimes no.Original DVD I copied to another DVD disc and it play without problems.Can be it solved somehow?

For example, in exchange for a other DVD from producer.
Old Jan-25-2010, 10:04 AM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by mattias32 View Post
I think that the problem is not the player but the DVD disc. Sometimes the player plays it without problems and sometimes no.Original DVD I copied to another DVD disc and it play without problems.Can be it solved somehow?

For example, in exchange for a other DVD from producer.

If you were looking for a replacement disc, it's a bit late unfortunately. In future, contact me via webmaster@glennhughes.com as soon as you run into any issues. So in this case, it's been nearly 30 days since it was mailed out to you, so I won't be able to replace this particular disc for you.
Old Jan-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Slovakia

Thank you for your efforts. Notice of the mail delivery DVD I received 28.12.2009 and the day I also praised him.
Old Feb-24-2010, 11:47 AM

UK

I just recieved the DVD today after work. I've had one run through and all I can say is ....magical. Thanks
Old Apr-17-2011, 10:17 AM

Poland

Live in Wolverhampton DVD + audio

many thanks this wolverhamoton
Old Mar-01-2013, 1:43 PM

UK

Live in Wolverhampton

Just ordered a copy of this, can't wait!!!
Old Mar-16-2013, 4:16 PM

zUKUSA

Excellent review from the Examiner.com site yesterday

Quote:
The 2CD set and digital audio were released by Eagle Rock Entertainment on February 12, 2013. It's a gem of compilation that exhibits an artist who digs deep to convey the passion and meanings of his songs. It's a must for any music collector.

www.examiner.com/review/glenn-hughes-live-wolverhampton-the-voice-of-rock-rocks-hard
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > MUSIC > Album Reviews

Share Thread

Tags
013, 2009, 2010, 2013, album, Anders Olinder, autobiography, DVD, glenn, glennhughes.com, Jeff Kollman, Live in Wolverhampton, solo, Steve Stephens, track