g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb-15-2004, 3:57 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Icon33 Hard Rock Orlando - April 29th, 2004

GLENN will perform live with Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on THURSDAY, APRIL 29TH, 2004 at the
Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida - they will be headlining the hotel's monthly Velvet Sessions event.

Working with the Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel, a fellow GH fan - we again, will be able to offer you a very special deal for the event.

More details will follow shortly....so stay tuned...CTC subscribers will get a separate email outlining everything once things are finalized
Old Feb-16-2004, 1:38 AM

USA

YAY! I can't wait! I'm sure it'll be a great show, and with Lou in charge, it's always a fun party!

Kat
http://www.jeffcoffey.com
Old Feb-17-2004, 7:24 AM

USA

This sounds like an awesome time!!!

1. How did they hook up?

2. Any ideas as to the set list or potential set list?

Maz

Old Feb-17-2004, 8:28 PM

Finland

Hi,
I don't know how they met...propably Chad is the one to blame...
...but when it comes to set list - I have some suggestions:

a heavier set

A couple of Phenomena songs, some Gary Moore and bluesy stuff from Seventh Star. Harder stuff from Trapeze and of course a couple of newer GH songs...perhaps R.O.C.K. era stuff.

or funkier stuff:
Trapeze, Hughes/Thrall, Soul/Funk Classics together with Feel era GH songs.

I'd like to hear the latest GH stuff with JJ.

Br,

T

Old Feb-24-2004, 3:39 PM

USA

I do remember Glenn saying that he wanted to do a "hard funk trio". Maybe some of those Sly Stone tunes that Glenn loves and has talked about playing....All I know is that I finish my degree program at school on April 2nd and what better way to celebrate than to spend a few days in Orlando with a bunch of GHCP's at the Hard Rock Hotel?

For those of you who didn't make the trip last March, you really need to be there this year! You get to stay in a fabulous hotel, see Glenn play in the lobby..and hear his music over the sound system 24 hours a day!!

Yours In The Funk
Bill Redford
Old Mar-10-2004, 5:30 AM

USA

I just found out today that a friend of mines band, Sonic Playground, will be the opening band for this show. I haven't seen them play live yet, but I am looking forward to this show now more than ever!

Kat
Old Mar-19-2004, 3:06 PM

USA

First post from a new member. Made my reservations for Orlando for this weekend and just wanted to know if anyone had any sort of details regarding the show. Not sure what the ticket situation is, etc.. This group seems much more astute and together than most other lists I have been part of in the past, so I am certainly looking forward to meeting some of you.
Frank
Old Mar-19-2004, 4:42 PM

zUKUSA

Hi Frank, welcome aboard and look forward to anymore of your questions and your own contributions here.

As for the April date in Orlando - it's not a regular show, meaning there aren't tickets on sale. It's a "members only" affair with entrance for the general public only made possible 2 weeks before the gig and via a request for a special invite.

If you were to call today, the hotel won't acknowledge that the show is even happening - they are very strict on this. You can visit VelvetSessions.com to get a feel for what I mean.

Having said that, we have been working with the Hotel Manager to set up a block of discounted rooms and details on how guaranteed entrance can be had for Glenn Hughes fans who want to attend. It's taking alot longer to finalize than we initially expected, but we hope to have definite and confirmed details within the next few days.

So keep checking back here and if you're also a subscriber to CTC - you'll hear all about it, as soon as we get the final scoop
Old Mar-30-2004, 6:30 AM

zUKUSA

Once again, Lou Carrier, Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida has come through for us all again and provided an opportunity to stay at the hotel with a 50% discount on both the regular room rate and also the price of admission to the Velvet Session show itself!

As a double celebration, the event is also designated as "The Birthday Bash", to commemorate the hotel's 3rd anniversary. With it, comes a bunch of unique "extras" for attendees, in addition to an increased press corp! Plus, if more than 75 rooms get booked, Lou will giveaway a certificate for a 2 night stay to one lucky person and one leather jacket to another!

BUT...things are very different than last year's arrangements...

Admission to the show is NOT included in the price of the room - you will need to provide US by return email (birthdaybash@GHPG.net) - your full name, if you wish to attend the show, whether you decide to take advantage of the discount room deal or not.

We will then provide your name, along with everyone else who wishes to attend, to the hotel management, who will GUARANTEE your entrance to the show at the price of $20 - a 50% discount off the admission price.

The cut-off date for hotel room reservations and also notification as to whether you want admission to the show is 2 weeks prior, so Wednesday, April 14th, 2004. If you don't send us an email to birthdaybash@GHPG.net requesting admission, you will not be included.

So, if you're coming from out-of-town, call reservations immediately (see below for details) to get your room booked and email us your name and if you're local to the area and don't need a room, just email us your name - again, the cut-off date for both, is Wednesday, April 14th, 2004.

The discount Package Deal detailed below and offered by The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th for Room and Show Admission to the April Velvet Sessions is now....

CLOSED

PACKAGE DEAL - Hard Rock Hotel, Orlando, Florida

Highlights
Room Rate is $149/night (plus 11.5% applicable taxes) for Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th, 2004. Call 1-888-444-2131 and ask for the "group name", VELVET SESSIONS FAN GROUP.

RESERVATION NAME:
Call 1-888-444-2131 - you will need to identify yourself as being part of the group name, VELVET SESSIONS FAN GROUP.

GROUP RATE:
$149/night plus 11.5% applicable taxes for Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th, 2004 only.

GROUP DATES:
The Group is able to get the Group Rate only for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th, 2004. Any fans looking for dates outside this Group Block will be given the appropriate seasonal rate.

The cut-off date for the Group Block is Wednesday, April 14th, 2004. Any reservation requests after that date will be given rates as determined by the Hotel.

SHOW ADMISSION:
Whether fans stay at the hotel or not, and in order to gain entrance and receive a 50% discount on admission to the show, they must send an email to birthdaybash@GHPG.net by Wednesday, April 14th, 2004.

PLEASE NOTE: Only the list of names provided by US to the hotel management will be accepted. This email address is you're only means of entrance with all the discounts applied and other unique opportunities that will be made available.

Finally, all those who attend via the list will receive a specially commissioned and commerative "Birthday Bash" pin, specifically designed around GLENN and Chad - these are only being produced in a very small quantity, insuring that they will be EXTREMELY sought after as a collectible.

The above mentioned discount Package Deal offered by The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th for Room and Show Admission to the April Velvet Sessions is now....

CLOSED

++

For general details on the hotel and surrounding area...you can visit the following web site:

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/hotels/orlando/

and for information on past Velvet Sessions at the Hard Rock Hotel, you can visit their web site at:

http://www.velvetsessions.com/

++

Might see you there
Old Mar-30-2004, 10:24 AM

UK

Wow! That's one wonderful deal. Thanks for looking after the GHCPs Lou. What I wouldn't give to walk in with a few of you and say that I'm part of the Velvet Sessions Fan Group!! (my soul, maybe - nah! I'll need to trade that for a future deal ).

Kat - I don't need to say a word! Enjoy every wonderful second! And everyone else, of course. Grace, are you going to be there - forgot to mention it earlier?

And a massive thanks to Shirean and David for ... so much.
Old Mar-30-2004, 3:11 PM

USA

You know I've been looking forward to this! It's going to be a fun night, great music and good friends. Can't ask for more than that!

Kat
Old Mar-30-2004, 6:37 PM

Ireland

Lucky buggers but we make up for it with HTP next week
Old Mar-31-2004, 2:27 PM

USA

Grace, I hope you make this show. I am working on my own custom shirt for the event and would hate for you to miss seeing it LOL!

Kat
Old Apr-01-2004, 6:20 AM

USA

May I be so bold as to suggest that if it's the great photograph of GH and you
(that was posted here from the cruise, I think) printed on a t-shirt,
that you make a second copy, autograph it and present it to GH!!!

However, THE FASHION STATEMENT OF THE EVENING will be made
by the guy who wears the t-shirt with the picture of our favorite pooch printed on it.
I forget the guy's name, but the "GHCPooch" is named CHUY....
Old Apr-01-2004, 12:41 PM

USA

Hmmmm........I guess I better get busy and make that shirt. I'd hate to have an axe murderer mad at me.
Old Apr-01-2004, 2:45 PM

USA

Great answer, Chip!
Old Apr-01-2004, 4:08 PM

USA

Yeah you don't want to incur the wrath of the axe murderer, could be hazardous to your health LOL!

Well Grace, I have a solo pic of Glenn made up for the shirt LOL! Hmmmm my autograph for Glenn huh? LOL!

Kat
Old Apr-08-2004, 7:27 AM

zUKUSA

More news

GLENN and Chad are going to be cooking in The Kitchen restaurant at the Hard Rock, the same day as the gig.

More detail will follow later, but this event will be held at lunchtime on the 29th and those who are around are invited to watch the cookin' going on

Apparently, GLENN will be making one of his favourite dishes of traditional English faire,
Cottage Pie

Bring your appetites with you

Old Apr-08-2004, 10:53 AM

USA

Oh goodie! Looks like I will be spending the day there hanging out! I can't wait!

Kat
Old Apr-13-2004, 7:16 PM

zUKUSA

Just a reminder....tomorrow - Wednesday, April 14th, 2004 at the stroke of Midnight PST is the deadline for requesting your discounted room rate and show admission to the April Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida on April 29th, where GLENN will be headlining.

After that time, it will be almost impossible to get a room or even get in the door for the show, so if you've been procrastinating or have friends who have...now is the time to make both requests!

(See above for details)

Hope to see you there
Old Apr-15-2004, 6:00 AM

zUKUSA

The discount Package Deal offered by The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th for Room and Show Admission to the April Velvet Sessions is now....

CLOSED

Any rooms that might be still available will be priced at the appropriate seasonal rate. As for show admission, this will be extremely difficult to achieve - should you be lucky enough to gain entrance on the night, it will now be at the full admission price.

For those of you who did make your request prior to the deadline, you will be receiving final confirmation and other details in the next few days via email.

Hope to see you there
Old Apr-19-2004, 8:12 AM

zUKUSA

Joining GLENN and CHAD SMITH onstage for the APRIL 2004 VELVET SESSIONS at The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida will now be - Glenn's former band mate.....PAT THRALL (ex-Hughes/Thrall, Asia, Meatloaf, Pat Travers Band) and also Glenn's current writing partner and guitarist, JJ MARSH (Glenn Hughes, Hughes Turner Project). In addition, on keyboards, Glenn and Chad will be joined by ED ROTH (Hughes Turner Project, ex-Graham Bonnet, Impellitteri, Marc Bonilla).

Although it would of been awesome to see Jerry Cantrell perform with Glenn and Chad, we think you'll agree, that this new line-up more than makes up for it.

Earlier in the day, GLENN, CHAD and PAT will be doing something a little different in one of the hotel's premiere restaurants, THE KITCHEN. They will be cookin' up their favourite dishes...in GLENN's case, a traditional English dish, Cottage Pie. If you are around in the hotel during the day, you are most welcome to join us downstairs in THE KITCHEN restaurant.

All of you who are part of the VELVET SESSIONS FAN GROUP have an email waiting in your Mailbox with the final details about admission and the show.

Look forward to seeing you soon
Old Apr-24-2004, 11:46 AM

USA

Was wondering if anyone (David ?) knew who the opening band scheduled for Thursday is. I always enjoy hearing some new (to me) and exciting bands.
Look forward to meeting some of you there and talking without having to type like the one-finger goof for a change.
Frank
Old Apr-24-2004, 11:55 AM

USA

The opening act will be a local band called Sonic Playground.

They're mostly a pop cover band, they also play under a different monicker at times,
Toronto Airport, which is their tribute to Rush.

Thanks to Kat for the info.
Old Apr-24-2004, 3:21 PM

USA

You are very welcome! The band is really fun to see live, so I hope you all enjoy their show. Their guitarist, Sean, is very talented. It makes the coming show that more special for me to see.

Kat
Old Apr-24-2004, 5:35 PM

zUKUSA

For those visiting the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando this week, be sure and stop by the Emack & Bolio's ice cream parlour to take a taste test of GLENN's very own ice cream creation, Deep Purple Cow (featuring black raspberry ice cream with white and dark chocolate chips)!!

Trust me, it's tasty

Old Apr-24-2004, 5:52 PM

USA

Dave and Kat,
Thanks fot he information.Looking forward to next week and even some Deep Purple Cow Ice Cream. Now if I could only find the shirt Glenn is wearing in the promo pic for E & B....well, maybe something close that's more "beachy"
Frank
Old Apr-25-2004, 4:34 PM

zUKUSA

For all of you who are in the VELVET SESSIONS FAN GROUP and will be in Orlando on Thursday, you now have an email in your Mailbox with the final details about admission and the show.

See you soon

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
2004, bands, Chad Smith, cover, David, Deep Purple, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, HTP, Hughes/Thrall, JJ Marsh, Pat Thrall, Pix, press, Shirean, solo, tickets, Trapeze