g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Greetings

Greetings Here's the place to post your best wishes for Birthdays, Seasonal and Welcome messages or any Special Occassion!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar-28-2009, 8:44 AM

USA

Icon33 New from NJ. Going to NYC Saturday/Sunday??

Hi, I'm new to this forum but not new to being a Glenn Hughes fan. I've been a fan since 'BURN' and never looked back, well not exactly I did get into Trapeze too! I got a an 'invitation' to the Sunday night event at John Varvatos in NYC but I'm not exactly sure what I got an invitation to. I was planning on going to the Highline Ballroom show but saw the listing for the 29th in NYC the other day and sent a e-mail and got a response that I'm 'on the list'. I have never seen Glenn in concert and I can only make it to one or the other. I obviously know that Saturday night is a concert but what is Sunday supposed to be? Is Glenn and band doing a full set concert at the store or is he just making an appearance at some kind of event? Would really like the opportunity to meet one of my favorite music stars and with the curfew I don't think that could happen on Saturday. Trying to call the store for more info but didn't really get anywhere....

Thanx, -Pete.
Old Mar-28-2009, 10:03 AM

USA

A private gig

Hey Pete,

The show on Sunday is a private party held by John Varvatos, a clothing designer and good friend of Glenn's. Not only is it invite-only but there is no performance curfew like the one at the Highline tonight. It should be great fun...just 300 people.

If you have to toss the coin then go to the Sunday show...if you need a ticket for the Saturday gig and don't have one..I wound up getting stood up and have a ticket available.

captmidnite1962's Sig:Yours In The Funk
Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins
Old Mar-28-2009, 10:35 AM

USA

Thanx Capt for the response and the ticket offer but I think I'll be going tomorrow night. Just didn't want to skip tonight and find out tomorrow that it's an 'appearance' but not a concert and have missedan opportunity to see/hear Glenn & band in action.

PS. My brother was going with me tomorrow and has bailed so if you're looking to go tomorrow too let me know.

PS2. Capt give a review if you will of Highline show too.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Greetings

Share Thread

Tags
glenn, Glenn Hughes, Trapeze