g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Closed Thread

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep-05-2012, 3:55 PM

USA

Interesting read, this thread; in the end, though, the dissolution of the band - if this is indeed the end – seemed inevitable from the start; BCC was a pre-engineered super group after all, and such bands are rarely ever anything but short-lived.

That said it’s certainly not as if they didn’t make their mark – three quality studio albums and a DVD in four years is quite an accomplishment, and they did manage to make their way on to the list of the Top 20 super groups of all time along the way too.

No mean feat that, especially for a band that was almost over even before they started work on their first album...

BCC was a planned business enterprise from the get-go, I think, built basically around a young, high-profiled guitarist with a surging solo career and a veteran rock singer/bassist who has long been on the return since the darkest days of his career back in the 70’s and the 80’s, and who has seen and done it all along the way. Sprinkle in the son of a legend on drums to give the band a tenable connection to one of the biggest groups of all time, and then add a low profile but highly virtuosic keyboard player to fill out the sound and then stay out of the way and, voila, Bonamassa has an outlet to play some serious power blues rock that he might not otherwise have the chance to on his own, and Glenn gets a credible vehicle with enough of a high profile to firmly rehabilitate and cement his place at the top of the rock world once more.

There has always been a certain tenuous volatility innate to BCC in my opinion, and I think this is because it served different purposes in each of the members’ minds at the same time; for Bonamassa I don’t think it was ever meant to be anything other than a fun side project, whereas for Glenn it became something more, a road to professional redemption that should be travelled for as far as it could be taken, and as long as both principal's expectations could be met along the way, then all was ok.

The music business is a numbers game, though, so it should really come as no surprise that Bonamassa would ultimately decide to focus the bulk of his efforts on his own solo career as that is where he really gets his bread buttered at the end of the day anyway.

For Glenn, though, BCC truly brought his career full circle and back to the top, as he finds himself now where he should have been when Purple came to an end back in ‘76; namely, poised again as a bona fide top-tier rock star with both an expanded base of fans and a cross section of more casual listeners all genuinely anticipating his next move.

Bang – career rehabilitation complete!

All cool and, in the end, one hopes that Joe, Glenn and all the guys involved with the band manage to enjoy themselves and have fun along the way.

I know that we have...

-Marc Fevre
Napa, CA
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Marc Fevre For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-05-2012, 6:24 PM

USA

Originally Posted by Mark3 View Post
BCC is the sum of the parts, it would not work for me if any of them were replaced. The essential chemistry would be lost.

May as well form a new Band !!!!!!!!!

I have to agree here as well. They have something special here; without Joe, its just another band... I'm sure it would be great... but not BCC.
Old Sep-05-2012, 6:56 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Originally Posted by scheu2112 View Post
I have to agree here as well. They have something special here; without Joe, its just another band... I'm sure it would be great... but not BCC.

Huh that's one helluva contradictory statement regardless, welcome aboard scheu2112
Old Sep-05-2012, 7:09 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by Marc Fevre View Post
All cool and, in the end, one hopes that Joe, Glenn and all the guys involved with the band manage to enjoy themselves and have fun along the way.

We can live in hope; 'ya just never know in this bu$ine$$ called music
Old Sep-05-2012, 8:57 PM

NewZealand

What BCC need to do is get me on axe!!
Old Sep-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Brazil

C'mon! Tap Doug Aldrich and get the ball rolling!!!
Old Sep-16-2012, 12:59 PM

UK

Originally Posted by rrfreitas85 View Post
C'mon! Tap Doug Aldrich and get the ball rolling!!!

Who's goona sing Joes songs? And in my opinion Joe is the better guitarist
Old Sep-22-2012, 4:41 AM

Brazil

BCC... Is This To End, Or Just Begin?

I am very sad that my first post on the forum is likely to end of the band only in recent years that have made me wait for their albums and tours. I do not try to write because I do not speak English fluently but this situation makes me feel at compelled to drop a few words to the wind, hoping that just as the other fans they are read and somehow help band to continue existing.

By Glenn Hughes still more that can make a beautiful solo career still think the BCC is its place, is the band that brought back the sound of your soul, GH is a true rocker and I think he would like to continue with band because he believes in the power and sound of the BCC. The BCC did reborn and to me, he should stay there.

As for Joe Bonamassa BCC seems always to have been a fun for him and a side project where he could play something more rock, heavier and take a break from blues, rock blues of his solo career, which is nothing wrong. His solo career has always been and will always come first, because it is a great career with great albums and blues is your passion ... is something he breathes from his childhood. Therefore no one has the right to demand that he change what actually loves only to the delight of some. Of course I think the BCC also helped him to new fans, I'm one of them, because I met him and went to get his solo career after hear it and enjoy it in the BCC.

So what I see is just opposite interests, no need to fight and discussions. For me I think Glenn, Sherinian and Jason (because I do not believe he thinks his "Led Zeppelin's Experience" is his main band, even though I respect the legacy of his father, but the BCC is his trademark as a drummer, are their creations) could bring another guitarist for a tour, Bonamassa himself made it clear that it would have your blessing. And if Bonamassa unwilling to return more than this new guitarist occupy the post. Almost all members of great bands changed in its history, this would not be the first time nor the last. Of course it is not easy finding a guitarist to replace Joe Bonamassa ... to me his guitar, his playing is stuck in the sound of BCC, as well as the voice of Glenn Hughes are two things seemingly flawless the band's sound, but something has to be done. In my mind even now also, as mentioned above, just think of Doug Aldrich to do something decent with the band, because I know that is a style of sound he appreciates, he would probably be doing something else like that even in Whitesnake, is a great guitarist, a great tone, could play the songs of the band with respect to Bonamassa sure. Besides being a great composer if necessary this function in the future. Too bad I think he'll be busy with Whitesnake for a long time and still have not time for a tour at least with the BCC.

But anyway, what hope the rest of the staff of BCC do is keep the band alive, remain a REAL ROCK BAND. What you can not do is leave something of great worth dying for simple lack of an outstretched hand.

Thanks... and sorry for my english.
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to mrburns For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-22-2012, 5:36 AM

USA

Icon32

No need to apologize mrburns. You wrote an excellent post.

Welcome to the site, hope to hear more from you

Chip's Sig:Chip
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-22-2012, 6:04 AM

Brazil

Originally Posted by Chip View Post
No need to apologize mrburns. You wrote an excellent post.

Welcome to the site, hope to hear more from you

Thanks Chip...
Old Oct-02-2012, 8:29 AM

Finland

Talking

Someone has decided to try and put positive pressure on the band not to call it quits on:
BCC fans have a message! - YouTube
and facebook

I guess that's the way to do it for those who want to see BCC keep on going, but it would certainly need some BIG numbers to have an effect.

Arnito's Sig:"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Arnito For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-02-2012, 9:08 AM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by Arnito View Post
Someone has decided to try and put positive pressure on the band not to call it quits...

It's not the entire band that's the issue... you might find it more effective if you target J&R...

J&R Adventures
1761 West Hillsboro Blvd
Suite #409
Boca Raton FL33442
Phone: 954-428-4440
Fax: 954-428-4484

business@bccommunion.com
webmaster@bccommunion.com
info@bccommunion.com
marketing@bccommunion.com
press@bccommunion.com
Old Oct-03-2012, 3:38 AM

France

amazing video !!! spread the word everywhere !!!
Old Oct-04-2012, 11:42 PM

UK

The fat lady hasnt sung just quite yet according to Glenn on Classic Rock website:

www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/glenn-hughes-seeks-to-calm-black-country-communion-speculation

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Oct-05-2012, 7:04 AM

Sweden

Going by Joe B's latest update and the fact they've removed the BCC forum from their website, I'd be surprised to see more activity from BCC. At least for the time being.
Old Oct-07-2012, 9:22 PM

Belgium

Let's hope it's not the final album
Old Oct-08-2012, 9:24 PM

USA

Someone has decided to try and put positive pressure on the band not to call it quits on:
and facebook

I guess that's the way to do it for those who want to see BCC keep on going, but it would certainly need some BIG numbers to have an effect.

WOW. The video is so incredibly well made! So happy fans are being pro-active in making efforts to keep BCC in tact.
Old Oct-13-2012, 5:24 PM

Brazil

and facebook

Congratulations to those who created the video! I wish the band members (mostly Joe) that enough importance to this video.
Old Oct-17-2012, 2:03 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,383 Times in 790 Posts
On Oct 13 Joe B. gave his first ever concert in Honolulu. Before that he made an interview with Hawaii Public Radio.

During the first part he speaks VERY fluently about himself, his career and this and that.

www.hawaiipublicradio.org/sites/default/files/news_mp3/Joe%20Bonamassa%20-%20Oct%202012%20part%201.mp3

In the second part he's being asked about getting to know Jason Bonham, Kevin Shirley and finally BCC. Oh boy, you can hear one guy start stammering then...

www.hawaiipublicradio.org/sites/default/files/news_mp3/Joe%20Bonamassa%20-%20Oct%202012%20part%202.mp3

Quote:
We've made three albums and a tour. It's been a fun project.

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-17-2012, 2:44 PM

Netherlands

Three albums and a tour: a very good result. We, the fans, can be thankfull for that. I accept that Afterglow is the end and I am happy with these three albums and hope to play them for years on.
But I can't believe that BCC was a FUN project for Joe. It seems that he only had fun during the first album and have lost the fun during Afterglow
Old Oct-17-2012, 2:51 PM

USA

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
In the second part he's being asked about getting to know Jason Bonham, Kevin Shirley and finally BCC. Oh boy, you can hear one guy start stammering then...

Lioness, 'stammering and sputtering'!! Almost reminds me of the end of a Warner Brothers cartoon......dit, dit, dit, dit......that's all folks!!!!
Old Oct-17-2012, 3:27 PM

Netherlands

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
On Oct 13 Joe B. gave his first ever concert in Honolulu. Before that he made an interview with Hawaii Public Radio.

During the first part he speaks VERY fluently about himself, his career and this and that.

www.hawaiipublicradio.org/sites/default/files/news_mp3/Joe%20Bonamassa%20-%20Oct%202012%20part%201.mp3

www.hawaiipublicradio.org/sites/default/files/news_mp3/Joe%20Bonamassa%20-%20Oct%202012%20part%202.mp3

Glenn wrote the whole Afterglow album,and Joe called it BCC3...
Strange dude
Old Oct-17-2012, 3:41 PM

Netherlands

Strange dude indeed
Old Oct-17-2012, 7:34 PM

zUKUSA

...we shouldn't at all be surprised about this, according to Bonamassa...

Quote:
I had a lot on the table, a real whirlwind of activity. But everybody knew that was the deal for me. These were all facts on the table, and everybody knew that.. I'm not going to cancel shows. I have to book three years in advance to get theatres.

Seems it's anyone's fault but his!

www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-joe-bonamassa-speaks-out-about-black-country-communions-future-565671
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-17-2012, 10:20 PM

UK

I think this all harks back to points i've made before. What were the band members expectations of each others commitments to the band from the get go.

If one of the members has shifted their goalpost, then there's a question to be answered.

If Joe, [i mean lets face it, we know it's about Joe and his commitment or lack of commitment to touring] has always said he's got a busy schedule and is unavailable to tour, then i dont think he should be blamed.

What i find really disappointing is the manner in which these guys, these friends, have spoken about each other and the situation. I think that ultimately will mean that not only the band, but their friendship, may be beyond repair.

I'll be disappointed for Glenn, because he obviously has been enjoying the critical success its brought him. It's not a big disappointment to me, because i dont think BCC is stronger than other non BCC stuff.
Old Oct-18-2012, 2:34 AM

Finland

Icon37 Classic Rock - Bonamassa angered by Hughes ‘bullying’

www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/black-country-communion-joe-bonamassa-fury-at-glenn-hughes-bullying

Hmmm...

T
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to jerklund For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-18-2012, 2:36 AM

USA

It's a HUGE disappointment to me. This is one of the best bands in a long long time and you don't just throw any old band together and create that kind of magic. Just doesn't happen.
Old Oct-18-2012, 2:41 AM

France

all they need is speaking together..
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Stormbringer74 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-18-2012, 5:22 AM

Spain

Priorities

Joe B really lets fly in that CR interview. I can't deal with his 'holier-than-thou' attitude sometimes, he may have a point, but I feel he's somewhat immature as a person to name-call in this way. Where the band was 3 years ago and where the band is now are two different places, and I feel Glenn probably believed with good reason that the level of success and acclaim BCC attained so quickly would go some way to altering Joe's priorities, but clearly that didn't, and won't happen anytime soon. I think, for BCC, that's all she wrote.
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to Kev Moore For This Useful Post:
Old Oct-18-2012, 6:38 AM

USA

It seems Glenn is getting a lot of heat for washing his dirty laundry in public. Joe does let it rip in his interview with Classic Rock Magazine. It's not looking good for BCC so far. It seems that Glenn was caught in a Joe's side project that was never supposed to be more than just a studio effort. Both Joe and Glenn had totally different goals and vision as far as BCC is concerned; and that was never fully ironed out from the get go.

On a separate note, I do agree with Joe regarding the strength of the first album. I thought it was a breath of fresh air when it came out; whereas the second one was simply trying to repeat the magic of the first (at times unsuccessfully, in my opinion).

All in all, I don't think that we've seen the last of this ongoing saga. There'll be more bad mouthing coming from them two; and it's very sad, actually. This could have been a great band, but ****ing egos got in a way.
Closed Thread

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
013, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, album, albums, bands, Black Country Communion, book, classic rock, cover, drums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, guitar, history, jason bonham, joe bonamassa, Kings Of Chaos, press, related, sensitive, solo, solo album, tickets, tour