g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Tour Dates & Appearances Official appearances and 100% officially confirmed live dates happening around the world can be found here.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr-27-2003, 8:26 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Bolin Music Festival Aug.2003

The 2003 Tommy Bolin Music Festival 'The Ultimate' will be held August 1st & 2nd at the legendary Surf Ballroom (www.surfballroom.com) in Clear Lake, Iowa.

Thus far we have signed (in no particular order and the schedule is not yet decided) GLENN HUGHES (Rocky Athas, Craig Erickson), Vanilla Fudge, Chris Duarte, Mountain & Savoy Brown (Kim Simmonds - electric set).

We are still waiting for Frank Marino (a personal event may keep him from committing, but he does want to do it), Pat Travers, & Robin Trower. If Trower comes he will more than likely have the Thursday night spot adding an unofficial day to the Fest.

The folks at the Surf are VERY excited and as you can see are pulling out all the stops. The Tribute Band will perform on Saturday with GLENN HUGHES, Craig Erickson, Rocky Athas, we are hopeful in getting Terry Brooks, and will have guests like Frank Marino, Carmine Appice, and of course Johnnie Bolin. GLENN will be performing BOTH nights.

His own set on Friday and then the Tribute band on Saturday... HUGHES/BOLIN FANS WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

We had wanted to get all the acts signed before any official announcement, but it's almost May so here we go. We will be putting together a page at www.tommybolin.org that will have all the Fest info on it.

Also watch for the July issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine magazine. They are doing a full feature on Tommy Bolin with comments from GLENN HUGHES, Nikki Sixx, Johnnie Bolin, Jeff Cook, and many others.

We hope to see you all in Clear Lake !!!!

from Linda at the Bolin Foundation
Email: midwestentinc@aol.com
Old Apr-27-2003, 4:39 PM

USA

Hey, folks...

It's time to stop procrastinating, and put those plans to see Glenn Hughes into action. And there are still three whole months to plan your trip to Clear Lake.

You know, seven of the times I've seen Glenn Hughes perform have been at Bolin tributes. And while it may not be a solo show chock full of classics from his recent albums, it IS a chance to see Glenn do what he does best. Not to mention that it's a rare opportunity to hear Glenn perform deep album cuts from Tommy Bolin's classic LP's 'Teaser' and 'Private Eyes'.

Glenn just may toss a recent song or two into his set, but even if he doesn't I won't complain about watching him perform Trapeze and Purple material. It's better than sitting at home listening to the Cd's.

Make plans now to join us at this year's Bolin Fest. It's a special event that you'll remember for years to come. And four of my very best friends are a testament to that - Glenn's performances of Tommy's music brought us together.

Cheers...Todd
Old Apr-28-2003, 3:00 AM

UK

Wish I could!!!! Too much going on in my life at the moment & not enough money coming in.

To anyone who can practically go, I'd urge them to make the effort.

As well as the 'official' album, I've got a boot of another full Bolin trib show with Glenn & hearing him do Bolin stuff has got to be next best to recent solo stuff.

Coming from me that's saying something - I never stop banging on about him playing more solo stuff!!! (Though I own up to being a big Bolin fan as well though, so I might be biased....)

TC

PS I'm going to the Outer Hebrides on Wednesday for a week, so don't talk about anything interesting while I'm away!!
Old Apr-30-2003, 1:51 PM

USA

So glad to hear that Unca Glenn will be at this year's Bolin fest!! Alas, I'm afraid I will not. We booked a vacation in the Caribbean at the start of this school year, as inspiration for my niece to finish up & graduate this July. Can't change that now, unfortunately. Can't call it bad luck, as I'll be in a beautiful place, but the timing could have been better (for me, anyway). I'll be thinking about you guys from the beach, though. Tom
Old May-06-2003, 5:00 PM

USA

jet blue, take me there. I want my Orlando DVD! I hope that Canook Frank Marino can make it!
Old May-31-2003, 7:58 AM

USA

Frank Marino played here in Indy a few months ago..found out about the day after the fact..arrgghh!!and I only found out the day after..one of the guys I worked with said he was amazing..missed that one!! Now THAT would be a total blast!! I am gainfully unemployed at the moment and can't really say where I will be living and/or working by then..but if it is possible,I will make that trip happen!! That line-up of performers is just killer....

(Pat Travers will be here on June 4th....I will definitely go see him as a warm up to my trip to CA to see HLM at the Brookdale Lodge on the 7th! Hope to see some of you there!!

Yours in The Funk
Bill Redford

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Tour Dates & Appearances

Share Thread

Tags
1st, 2003, album, albums, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, johnnie bolin, solo, tommy bolin, Trapeze