g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul-29-2002, 7:44 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,833 Times in 2,713 Posts
HTP Euro set list...

Back in February/March HTP's Japanese record label was taking requests for the HTP set list and in turn the actual list was partly based on fan requests.

Well, why not try a similar, but informal request list here!

Personally, I'd like to see them drop Stormbringer, Mistreated, No Stranger To Love, Burn, Highway Star, Dark Days and Spotlight Kid from the set

As alternatives I would throw in Sister Midnight, Heaven's Missing An Angel, On The Ledge, Against The Wall (Japanese bonus track - shows off the trading of vocals between the two of them) (HTP), Coast To Coast or Seafull (Trapeze), Big Time or Push (Feel), Pickin' Up The Pieces (From Now On...), Highball Shooter, Inside or Out On Me (Building The Machine), I Got Your Number (Hughes/Thrall).

Now these replacements are very biased towards Glenn's material, I'm not too familiar with JLT's solo stuff...so feel free to throw in some of his as alternative tracks

Am I way off base or what? Curious to know what you think
Old Jul-29-2002, 8:16 AM

UK

HTP Euro Set

Hey David....

I'd like to see Highway Star, Stormbringer and maybe Burn dropped, but I think Dark Days is a good live track. As a massive fan of JLT's solo stuff, I'd like to see him throw in almost anything from "Hurry Up and Wait" or "Baby's Got A Habit" from "Nothing's Changed". It would be nice to see more solo tracks from both lads, but we have to accept some Purple material is obligatory. With that in mind, why not pull some rare or never before played live tracks out? I'd love Joe to take a shot at "Coming Home" from "Come Taste..." or Glenn to try "Never Before". Also, throw in "Lady Double Dealer" because Glenn's version on "Burning Japan" is excellent and Joe's on "Undercover 2" rocks!!!!

JG
Old Jul-29-2002, 12:48 PM

Euro set list

I and many others would like to see HTP play "Puff the magic dragon", any thing, just come to Oz.............Please.
Love one another,
Hard Rock Pete
Old Jul-29-2002, 6:57 PM

Finland

set list

hey, hey!!!
no one touches my "No Stranger To Love"!!!! I want to hear it live - Glenn did not play any Sabbath material when he was here last year! I can live without Highway Star though...
I was thinking this set list thing the other day and perhaps it's impossible to drop any of those Rainbow/MK III songs perhaps they just have to change HTP songs they play live...or play a couple more...
I can live without hearing "Ride the Storm" but I'd love to hear "Sister Midnight" - [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]but then again they are playing to rock-audience, so they have to perform heavier stuff...

palaillaan,

T
Old Jul-29-2002, 11:35 PM

Netherlands

To the best of my knowledge the setlist
for the Euro tour *will* be different than
the Japanese one.

I heard JJ locked himself up, rehearsing
some nice riffs...

- Fedor
Old Jul-30-2002, 7:51 PM
miki

HTP changes

my set list would be
Devil's Road / Can't Stop Rock & Roll / Death Alley Driver / I Surrender / Gypsy / Challenge Them All / Dark Days / Heaven must be missing an angle / No Stranger To Love
Can't Stop The Flood / The cut runs deep / Ride The Storm / King Of Dreams / Power/ Spotlight Kid / --encore-- / you fool no one / Burn

i think it would be better for Glenn and joe to stick to purple song's they were there for as these are written for there voices i do love to hear them sing any song's at all but i would love to here this set

miki
Old Jul-31-2002, 1:10 PM

No Angle's in Heaven

Hi Miki,
I have it on good authority that there are no angles in heaven,the place is very straight. But there are lots of Angels, and acording to Glenn heaven is missing one! Love one another,
HRP
a bit of Aussie humour, you should get it Miki being from NZ.
Old Jul-31-2002, 3:34 PM
miki

you are correct

glad to see someone read my list
i must agree there are no angles in heaven

even spell check would have helped my bad spelling that time
hope it brings a smile to others as it did me

miki

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
Coast to Coast, David, glenn, HTP, Hughes/Thrall, solo, tour, track, Trapeze