g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Polls & Questions? Here you can post polls for everyone to participate in or if you have general questions, this is the place to ask them!

Closed Thread

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb-09-2013, 12:15 PM

France

ok...
Old Feb-09-2013, 2:12 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,383 Times in 790 Posts
Originally Posted by Joni_Smilkova View Post
They were wonderful mates...

Hmmm, maybe they did have a dispute earlier on...

"I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot the guitarist"
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
GlennJoe.jpg  

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-09-2013, 3:17 PM

Germany

Well, that would be too great if it would be true. Asking J&R Adventures this week the answer didn't sound as positive:
"Unfortunately, there are no tour dates scheduled as of yet. I am not sure if they have the intentions of planning anything this year."

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Feb-09-2013, 9:24 PM

Bulgaria

Originally Posted by geosoulberlin View Post
Well, that would be too great if it would be true. Asking J&R Adventures this week the answer didn't sound as positive:
"Unfortunately, there are no tour dates scheduled as of yet. I am not sure if they have the intentions of planning anything this year."

They had the intentions... but some people were so kind to destroy even the hope that BCC will be on tour...
Old Feb-11-2013, 1:01 PM

Sweden

I would like to see GH team up with Jeff Kollman again. Really like his somewhat edgy style which I think compliments Glenn well.
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to danielb For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-23-2013, 5:29 AM

USA

Originally Posted by Stormbringer74 View Post
yes... it's a shame...

...Interesting that Glenn had lunch with Jason Bonham yesterday ! Wonder what they discussed ?
...Expect the unexpected ?

Old Feb-25-2013, 3:56 AM

France

I confess I think the same...
Old Feb-26-2013, 6:13 AM

Brazil

Jimmy Page about to join BCC?

I don't think it's true, but...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.collectorsroom.com.br%2F2013%2F 02%2Fjimmy-page-pode-ser-o-novo-guitarrista.html%3Futm_source%3Dfeedburner%26utm_m edium%3Dfeed%26utm_campaign%3DFeed%253A%2BCollecto rsRoom%2B%28...%2Bcollector%25C2%25B4s%2Broom%2B%2 5C2%25AE%2B...%29
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to rrfreitas85 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-26-2013, 9:25 AM

France

Wow ! It would be perfect but i don't believe it.
Old Feb-26-2013, 1:27 PM

Germany

Hmm...hmmm...it sounds too good but it would fit like a puzzle and explain why Robert Plant suddenly mentioned that he's got lots of spare time in 2014. Is he worried that his mate might join another rock band and become really successful again?

Maybe Tony Conley was looking into the future with his review about "The Crawl" over 5 months ago? Definitely sounds as if Jimmy Page would be great for playing "Afterglow" live with the lads:

Quote:
The Crawl suggests that if this thing with Bonamassa doesn't work out, maybe Hughes should bring in Jimmy Page - of course, that's some presumptuous trash to be talking on many fronts, but damn. Bonamassa actually does a fantastic Page here - not so much in what he plays, but rather his artful orchestrations.

http://rockguitardaily.blogspot.de/2012/09/black-country-communion-afterglow-is.html

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Feb-26-2013, 3:05 PM

Brazil

In fact, I think it could happen, but I don't see Jimmy Page trying to learn songs from BCC 1, 2 and Afterglow. That being said, my guess is that IF JP joins the fold, the band would change its name and focus on entirely new material.
Old Feb-27-2013, 2:43 AM

France

strange rumor...
Old Mar-04-2013, 2:33 PM

Germany

In Derek Sherinian's opinion, the present BCC line-up with Joe Bonomassa is history. Check this at 47:35
Music Discovery with the Classic Rock Magazine Spotify App & Derek Sherinian - YouTube

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-04-2013, 2:37 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,852 Times in 2,722 Posts
Originally Posted by lioness View Post
In Derek Sherinian's opinion, the present BCC line-up with Joe Bonomassa is history.

Not a surprise surely
Old Mar-07-2013, 8:20 PM

USA

The DP forum mentions the link to BCC on the GH front page has been removed.
Old Mar-07-2013, 8:29 PM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
The DP forum mentions the link to BCC on the GH front page has been removed.

...eagle eyes, eh

Since there's no activity on the BCC front; it's redundant to keep that link present. After all, if you had noticed, that site was down for quite a while and now it's active again, it feels more like an online store vs. a promotional tool for the band! Not to mention the Forum on there "losing" all of it's 2012 content (although the Forum is no longer linked) What's up with that?!

Anyway... onwards and upwards
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-08-2013, 4:31 AM

USA

This makes sense, but interesting on Twitter, @BCCommunion has been doing a once-a-day tweet out to it's followers. I was surprised when it started asking questions in late February in regards to the band and BCC shows...like...

...or...

...not sure who is running that account or their intentions.
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to bluebassman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-10-2013, 7:27 AM

Germany

Thanks for that interesting interview with Derek, Yvonne! So there might still be a slight chance of replacing Joe for some live gigs? Well, they should get these things sorted out before all the fans are gone in disappointment. That thought isn't new but it doesn't seem to get anywhere.

To be honest, I don't understand the twitter activities of the BCC account. And why is the forum suddenly available again, what for?
I'm surely not the only fan who's really fed up about the development of BCC. And I'm truly not interested to waste any more time in that BCC forum or with any activities that have to do with JB's management. What for? For another kick in the ass? They've blown it. BCC was on its best way to make rock history and they've blown it for the solo career of JB. Okay, nobody expected BCC to become that big. But when it happened they should have been flexible enough to change plans, at least for a few years to see if BCC really would have kept following the winning street.

Now I'm looking forward to the next activities of Glenn and I really hope he's got a nice new band together to hit the road again, soon.

The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-11-2013, 6:05 PM

zUKUSA

...if it wasn't feeling obvious already; looks like this is the final nail in the coffin for the current incarnation... according to this interview snippet with JoeB

Quote:
"Whatís the current status of Black Country Communion?"

As far as Iím concerned, my involvement is pretty much done, and Iíll tell you why: Originally, I did it for the same reasons I did the stuff with Beth Hart and Rock Candy Funk Partyóit was an excuse to play a different kind of music that I donít get to play normally.

The first two records were a blastóthe band is fantastic when the Ritalin kicks in, the ADD goes away, and everyoneís focused. Itís a devastatingly good rock band of the early-1970s type, and Glenn is a fantastic singerójust one of the best ever. So I did it and did a nine-week tour in 2011 that really, by the end of it, wasnít fun for me. It wasnít because I didnít like the cats in the band, but it was just too muchótoo much involved in getting people from place to place and getting the band onstage. Everybody seemed to be very tense, and it made my crew very tense, and itís not the way I like to tour. I run a familyóI have 21 people who go on the road with me all the time, and if you asked them who was the cause of the least of their problems, they would say me. Unless there was no Diet Cokeóthen itís a huge [expletive] problem, and either Iím going to the supermarket or somebody else is [laughs].

But it just wasnít fun for me anymore. All the stuff that Glenn says in the media, essentially pinning it on meóthat I was the reason for the bandís lack of touring and the bandís lack of future. It became rapidly not fun at all. It would be dishonest of me to get onstage and pretend like Iím having fun to please the band. Iím just not the guitar player for that band, but unfortunately there doesnít seem to be any out-of-work guitar players in L.A. that they can get. There are so many guys that can fill that role and I would be the first guy to queue up and buy a ticket. So thatís my story with it. Iím happily not involved anymore, but Iím happy with the legacy that I left with that band and happy with the records we made. It was a great three years for me.

www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2013/Apr/Interview_Joe_Bonamassa_Restless_Pick_Syndrome
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-11-2013, 6:25 PM

USA

Quote:
...it was just too much—too much involved in getting people from place to place and getting the band onstage. Everybody seemed to be very tense, and it made my crew very tense

and just how different from his own solo touring is that? He's either a fool, insecure or both - crew issues? Puleez! Tells you he thinks BCC fans were born yesterday

Anyway, NEXT
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Shirean For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-11-2013, 6:44 PM

USA

...well, good luck to him then and say bye! I've heard enough - Joe doesn't need anyone but good ol' Joe and an airport hanger full of guitars...so he can move on with his wonderful career... ...some day he will wish he was part of something more than retread music stolen from some other blues artist
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to bluebassman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-11-2013, 11:48 PM

Finland

Icon37

Now I want to BLAME someone!

...well ...whatta heck...NEXT!!!!!

T
Old Mar-12-2013, 5:39 AM

UK

Such a shame, but two complex characters are going to make life interesting and difficult. A great band nonetheless.

As for a repalcement guitarist, there are many good ones who might fit the bill who are more rock that JB....John Sykes, Richie Kotzen, Jake E Lee....who knows!
Old Mar-12-2013, 9:01 AM

UK

Icon34

Disappointing but not a real surprise. I hope that now that Glenn has a new management structure with Paul Geary’s involvement they might be able to find a record deal and funding so that JR Adventures do not have to be involved and BCC continues with a new guitar player.

I am also interested to know more about Glenn’s collaboration with Andrew Watt, having checked him out I can see how this partnership could be very fruitful and exciting.

Hopefully we will hear about the new band real soon !! it doing my head in second guessing!!!!
Old Mar-12-2013, 3:30 PM

Germany

Interesting interview of JB...so now it's suddenly crew issues that made him not enjoy the tour? What a lot of nonsense is that? What's the difference for him to move 21 people from town to town on a solo tour or on a band tour? I mean, he is not moving all these people anyhow.
And he says he was the cause of the least of their problems - unless there wasn't any diet coke there for him? Well, they must have run out of diet coke permanently then when you hear the rumours of JB's bad moods behind stage during the BCC tour.

I will never forget his answer in October 2011, when I asked him after a solo gig in Bremen if he would tour with BCC again in 2012 and he said very strictly: "I don't think so, no!" I was so surprised that it was so obvious that he didn't want to tour with BCC in the near future. And then Kevin Shirley said it had to do with a sponsor not paying him but the problem would be solved soon. Obviously a kind excuse. Hah...and that was all before Glenn said the band might brake up because Joe doesn't want to tour. Okay, that wasn't too clever to tell the press but looking back it was just the truth, wasn't it? Joe kept arguing that there are four members in a band and it would be unfair to blame just him but hey, it was just him who didn't want to tour with BCC anymore. Not even a small promotion tour for Afterglow, just one concert in Wolverhampton was planned. Ridiculous.

But you can't force a guy to do something he doesn't want to do. Whatever his true reasons might be, it doesn't really matter. Fact is that he's finally done with the band now which is no real surprise. I only wish he would have quit earlier though and the other three could have replaced him by now and hit the road again with all the great BCC songs...

The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-13-2013, 6:14 AM

Finland

Icon37

Exactly...actually I don't know why Kevin Shirley pushed them to record Afterglow when he knew Joe's calender was full...perhaps he thought that success of the album would change Joe's mind...I don't know.
Anyway Joe should have told the other guys that hey I'm not going to promote this album, do the tour with someone else...just like Chickenfoot did. That worked and everyone understood.

As much as I like Afterglow - I think this band is now done....I think they shouldn't try to continue with someone else....NEXT!

T
Old Mar-13-2013, 6:34 AM

Finland

Icon37

By the way...after first album they were all saying that BCC is a BAND! ...how it all of a sudden turned into a hobby for Joe?

T
Old Mar-13-2013, 9:45 AM

Netherlands

For Joe BCC it is just a hobby band,with his solo gigs he has sold out shows every where in big arena's. Here in Holland he plays a 5500 venue 2 nights in a row sold out.
I think it just the money 150 big shows a year is enough,i think Joe is more a business man these days.
Who blames him,but on the other hand he has to stop talking bull****.
Glenn told the truth and if he can't handle that,he's just a boy

On the other hand if Glenn and the guys love BCC so much for the music they can replace Joe by an other great player and go out on the road.
I think they need the succes of Joe to fill the venue's and make money on the road.
Imo it's all about the money anyway....
Old Mar-13-2013, 3:28 PM

Germany

I can't say anything that hasn't been said before by fellow members. And I've voiced my opinion about Joe often enough.

My heart is bleeding for Glenn who said "I want to grow old with this band" and who has been so bitterly disappointed.

Anyway, I'm grateful for everything BCC has given us. Wonderful memories! I wish it would have lasted longer
It's the second time since Purple 1976 that a band I've come to love vanishes from the scene.

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Mar-13-2013, 5:26 PM

USA

finally

so he finally admits it all-he just did it to get exsposure for his self -so we can all buy all his stuff -the 3 other guys in the band are just objects he can use to achieve his plot-i wonder if he will ever get any of my money again
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to tony g For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Polls & Questions?

Share Thread

Tags
013, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, album, albums, bands, Black Country Communion, book, classic rock, cover, drums, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, guitar, history, jason bonham, joe bonamassa, Kings Of Chaos, press, related, sensitive, solo, solo album, tickets, tour