g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Video Got movie clips? Place them here, along with your gig Report!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov-17-2014, 1:52 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,424 Times in 814 Posts
Icon32 CALIFORNIA BREED live in EUROPE 2014

California Breed live in Milan 2014

Some cool pics from the gig last night in Italy. Thanks to Annalisa Russo

www.demotix.com/photo/6282685/california-breed

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-17-2014, 2:00 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,949 Times in 2,753 Posts
Setlist from last night at Live Club in Trezzo Sull'adda MILAN, Italy

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Spit It Out
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Days They Come
Breathe
Black Country
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore
Mistreated
Burn

...some more pix from the show can also be found via:

www.spaziorock.it/california_breed_live_club_trezzo_adda_milano_16_1 1_2014

and

www.flickr.com/photos/mairocinquetti
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-17-2014, 2:05 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Theaterfabrik in Munich, Germany

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Spit It Out
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Days They Come
Breathe
Black Country
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore
Burn
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-18-2014, 1:40 PM

Germany

The first review of Munich in Abendzeitung

www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.california-breed-glenn-hughes-rockt-alle-klischees.0a2c785e-6831-45c9-85e5-bffb9d52c79f.html

and a few more photos

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.876951755657044.1073742020.240446762640883

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-19-2014, 1:40 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Kulturzentrum Schlachthof in Wiesbaden, Germany

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Spit It Out
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Days They Come
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore:
Invisible
Burn
Old Nov-19-2014, 3:07 PM

USA

Germany Shows

Great to see 'Invisible' in some of these shows (...and 'Breathe').
I hope we get some more reviews from GH fans soon!
Keep Rockin' !
Old Nov-20-2014, 1:30 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Arena in Vienna, Austria

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Spit You Out
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Days They Come
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore:
Burn
YouTube Video

Old Nov-22-2014, 1:35 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Progresja in Warsaw, Poland

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Spit You Out
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Days They Come
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore:
Breathe
Burn
The Following 5 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Slovakia

Concert in Vienna was fantastic. The incredible energy on stage. Filled with charismatic and ethereal feeling of the corona-discharge Glenn. Amazing deployment and performance of the whole group. Thanks for the Glenn signed CD covers, posters with my son,guitar pick from Glenn. It's amazing how fast time goes by you, when you watch something like this concert. This was a Christmas gift for me.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
DSC07078.JPG   DSC07089.JPG  
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to mattias32 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-23-2014, 1:33 PM

Germany

Photos from the gig in Warsaw

www.cgm.pl/galeria,38321,california_breed_progresja_music_zon e_warszawa_22_11_14_foto_artur_rawicz_mfkcompl_,ga llery.html

http://patpapertown2.blogspot.de

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-23-2014, 3:20 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Postbahnhof am Ostbahnhof in Berlin, Germany

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Spit You Out
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Days They Come
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore:
Burn

"Sweet Tea"

"Strong"

"Medusa"
Old Nov-23-2014, 4:53 PM

Netherlands

So it seems that Mistreated (acoustic) and Black Country are now out of the set? Bring on Sail Away and One Last Soul
Old Nov-24-2014, 12:48 PM

Germany

Originally Posted by David View Post
Tonight's setlist from Postbahnhof am Ostbahnhof in Berlin, Germany

Haha...I can see my hands holding my camera into the direction of Glenn sometimes in the video of "Sweet Tea". I was standing next to the guy with the bald head who was taking an interview for the Berlin radio with Glenn yesterday.
Breathe should have been the first encore which is one of my favorites on the album. I was really looking forward to it and would've preferred it to Burn when I would have had the choice. But that's just my personal taste

Some more infos about the concert in Berlin later...I'm still a bit deaf (never ever will I forget my earplugs again when I want to stand right in front of stage in a venue like the Postbahnhof when a loud rock band like California Breed performs)

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Nov-25-2014, 2:51 AM

Germany

Today in Hamburger Abendblatt

California Breed: Glenn Hughes rocks the Markthalle

www.abendblatt.de/hamburg-tipps/tagestipps/article134667749/California-Breed-Glenn-Hughes-rockt-in-der-Markthalle.html

Old Nov-25-2014, 1:53 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Markthalle in Hamburg, Germany

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Scars
Strong
Solo
Spit You Out
All Falls Down
Medusa
Breathe
Midnight Oil
The Way

Encore:
Invisible
Burn

"Medusa"
YouTube Video
Old Nov-25-2014, 4:03 PM

Germany

Good night from Hamburg. Glenn is already having sweet dreams in his bunk on the tour bus.

The setlist obviously changed a bit after it was printed. Some more pics will follow.
CB1.jpg  

Old Nov-26-2014, 4:43 PM

zUKUSA

Tonight's setlist from Gloria Theater in Koln, Germany

The Grey
Chemical Rain
Sweet Tea
Invisible
Spit You Out
Scars
All Falls Down
Solo
Medusa
Breathe
Midnight Oil

Encore:
The Way
Burn
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-27-2014, 2:05 PM

Germany

California Breed live in Hamburg

As expected, due to lack of promotion, the crowd at Markthalle was quite small. Maybe 300 to max. 350 fans turned up. I had a little chat with the young lady who sold the tees. She had joined the tour in Milan and said the best show so far had been in Warsaw and Berlin had been quite good as well. The worst was in Wiesbaden where only about 200 people came to see the band.

The band started at 9.10 and right from the start they gave all they had to give. Somebody here said that Joey is the better drummer for this band. I fully agree to that. He has an extremely powerful beat, arms like windmills and he did very well when Burn came on.

Glenn and Andrew were a joy to watch, as if they have played together for a decade. Both are very emotional and show their feelings whereas Bonamassa is more the cool cat type.

The sound was lousy, sometimes Glenn could hardly be heard. In the quieter moments however he showed us what one can do with a beautiful falsetto voice

For me The Way, Breathe and Medusa were the best songs that evening.

Being in a smaller venue in front of the stage amidst all the action has definitely advantages. Andrew once came so near to me and shook his mane that I could feel his hair on my head. Glenn came several times so near to the edge of the stage that we could easily have grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him off the stage. I discovered that Glenn has not only a huge voice. Considering his height, the man has also astonishingly large feet I could admire his purple sneakers right in front of me. Glenn wore no other jewellery that evening than a narrow simple ring on his left hand. I suppose it his his wedding band (see last pic).

After the show I waited for more than one hour by the tour bus but no one came. So I left the scene before turning into an ice cube. (It was so cold and foggy that day that the port authorities stopped all container unloading.) While I waited for the tube, a couple I had met at the gig came down and told me that Glenn came out of the venue only one minute after I had left. That gave the word frustration a new meaning to me

Thank you, California Breed, for a really really good show. Thank you, Glenn, for a superb performance under somewhat difficult circumstances and for all the smiles you bestowed on your fans, including me. I’ve heard that Gaby will join you in the UK. So I like to wish you both the best of times.

OK folks, now you’ve got all the latest details from this side of the pond and a few photos. I look forward to other reports and opinions.

Gentlemen Chip & Blue, so sorry but I couldn’t get any flyers or posters as none were available. Maybe next time.
cb01.jpg   cb02.jpg   cb03.jpg   cb04.jpg   cb05.jpg   cb06.jpg  

cb07.jpg   cb08.jpg   cb09.jpg   cb10.jpg  

The Following 7 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-27-2014, 2:08 PM

Germany

some more pics
cb11.jpg   cb12.jpg   cb13.jpg  

The Following 5 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-28-2014, 1:03 AM

Germany

Icon26

Hello everybody here,

so Lioness gave us a very fine report from the Hamburg concert, so many thanx to you Lioness!
I will agree in many points from my experience at the Köln concert.

The three gave everything, obviously in good mood entering the stage, Glenn and Andrew with huge presence, performing f...g beautiful, playing and singing breathtaking.

And Joey was a big surprise, such a powerful drummer, a Rockn' Roll drum-animal per excellence. I could not say if he is better than Jason, but he is great and right for the band. All in all a round thing

The sound was suboptimal, The vocals were not good to hear in the loud parts, crystal clear is another world.
And I'm wondering a bit, 'cause in a Rock Trio it shouldn't be a problem to get a good vocal sound.

The songs were really fantastic, very modern rock, and Glenn was shocking again with absolutly terrific bassplaying with his J-bass. The Orange-sound was so good as I never heard before.

And then he played a bass-solo over an alieneffect something between automatic wah and a talkbox, superb!

After the concert we waited outside the Gloria Theater to see our hero.

About 45 minutes later, Glenn came for moments for some pics and autographs. And it was cold this night, a hard wind from east.

greets
Sigurd Kross

The Following 6 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-28-2014, 7:41 AM

USA

Hamburg and Koln reviews

Yvonne and Sigurd, thank you for the great reviews from these 2 shows.
I almost wish I would have seen Glenn and California Breed in a smaller venue, but, they are good anywhere!
Interesting about the lack of vocal clarity at times. I noticed when I'm at concerts and sitting up-front, many times I will not hear the PA (especially vocals) very well. The sound folks tend to project them farther out into the crowd. I noticed this dramatically when I saw Black Star Riders this summer (I was standing right in front of Ricky Warwick and I could barely hear him! Ha!

I'm hoping after the UK tour, there will be some discussion as to what will be the next step with California Breed. I want it to continue!

Yvonne, so sorry you didn't meet Glenn afterwards, I understand how difficult it can be, even with the smaller crowds and how waiting in the cold can be a killer! Also, thanks for trying with the posters - I appreciate your efforts!
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to bluebassman For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-28-2014, 10:00 AM

Germany

California Breed in Berlin

Yes, Berlin has also been a great show! Even though I wish there would have been more people there. In the past months I only saw one big poster for several concerts of different bands on a suburban train station once and one of the bands was California Breed. But maybe there was more advertisement and I missed it. I think there were about 400 people at the concert but that's just a guess.

The Postbahnhof (Post Station) at the "Ostbahnhof" (East Station - which is a train station, an underground and a suburban train station) is a well known club for quite good concerts. It's a small venue without seats. I saw "Rodrigo & Gabriela" (a fantastic guitar duo) in there twice. And I think a rock band can play there unplugged and would still be heard very well in the last corner. So, if you stood right in front of the stage like me, the loudness blew your head away if you forgot your ear plugs. But having to choose between going to the back to protect my ears more or staying at the front I wouldn't leave that first-class place for watching that band as close as possible

As lioness wrote: Glenn and Andrew played very well together and went to the leading edge of the stage several times, so people could touch their feet. I was just taking care that I didn't get Andrew's guitar on my head when he seemed to get lost in his playing

I adored them playing with such an enthusiasm as if they played a big stadium. Also Joey was really good and kept laughing inbetween as well while hitting the drums pretty hard and precise. I loved Jason on drums but I think that Joey is definitely not playing any worse.

The only bad thing for me was when I tried to get a second pic of Andrew's feet with all the pedals in front. I thought it was a funny and interesting motif. Don't know why Andrew didn't like it and kicked my hand with the camera away. It was only a soft touch with a stretched leg but I was totally surprised and it spoilt my joy for a little while. Then again I can understand that people on stage are getting fed up with all the fans taking photos all the time instead of just enjoying the concert. But it's hard (especially for me as an engaged amateur photographer) to leave the camera alone when you really like the band and love to take photos.

On the setlist on stage it should have been Breathe and Burn for encores. So I decided then to leave my first-class place and go to the back of the room and up two steps to enjoy the last two songs from there and take a video of Breathe which is one of my favs. But they only played Burn, so I've got that on film now and don't know if I should upload it because it's on YT so often already.

It was still a great evening and I will for sure not miss any next concert with Glenn in Berlin!

Oh, and nobody mentioned the opener yet. In Germany the Austrian band Mother's Cake started the evening, playing a mixture of Funk and Rock with some progressive and psychadelic parts. Not bad.

I'm sorry that I forgot how to include photos here from my gallery (they just won't show up when I include the URL over the "Insert Image" button. So if you're interested there are some pics of the Berlin gig in my member gallery.

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
The Following 5 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Nov-29-2014, 2:56 AM

Germany

Sigurd and geosoulberlin, thanks for your reports. Sigurd, how many people were at the gig in Cologne?

Heidi, I saw your photos, they are brilliant!

Here are reviews and pics from Milan

www.rockrebelmagazine.com/2014/11/17/live-report-california-breed-mother-s-cake-live-music-club-trezzo-sull-adda-mi-16-novembre-2014

and from Warsaw

http://muzycznyzbawicielswiata.blogspot.de/2014/11/california-breed-support-mothers-cake.html

Try Google translate if you feel the need for some giggles...
IMG_0434.jpg  

Old Nov-29-2014, 3:00 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by bluebassman View Post
Yvonne, so sorry you didn't meet Glenn afterwards, I understand how difficult it can be, even with the smaller crowds and how waiting in the cold can be a killer!

Yes, that was of course a disappointment, Blue. If only... if only I had waited for five more minutes

I called myself several names that night, stupid cow was one of the nicer ones!

Old Nov-30-2014, 2:30 AM

Germany

A beautiful version of "Medusa" in Cologne

FYI: perfect-purple.com have recordings of the gigs in Milan, Wiesbaden, Munich and Cologne, the Milan show can also be watched on this YT channel

www.youtube.com/channel/UCS4OwwSC04YVLinp_uPMfIw
YouTube Video

Old Nov-30-2014, 4:40 PM

Netherlands

Thanx to all my fellow fans, like Heidi, Yvonne and Sigurd for your inspiring reviews In Koln were about 400 fans. I've seen no posters in the city (bad publicity). I was with my GH buddy in the venue Gloria Theater in the late afternoon and we heard the complete soundcheck. After that we had a chanceto talk to Glenn. He signed some stuff and we did some photo's. After the show we waited outside and I missed Sigurd was looking for a guy with longer hair, but were you the guy with the CB album, standing before the tour-bus right in front of the door of the venue????. After the show buddy Theo and I met Glenn again, Andrew again and Joey the animal on drums. Cold day, but a very good day
The Following 4 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to willem For This Useful Post:
Old Dec-07-2014, 3:19 AM

Germany

Following is a review of the gig in Wiesbaden - in English.

All in all the review itself is very positive

Quote:
Just ****ing go and see Glenn and the boys perform! They will burn your residual brain cells out of your mind…

however

Quote:
Well, can’t really blame him for this cause ****ed up tour managing and booking as well as bad advertising resulted in the following: California Breed, Hughes’ latest outstanding project in collaboration with young guitarist Andrew Watt and Jason Bonham on drums, did not convince even 100 people to exchange their plans for a lazy night on the couch with some canned beers for a live rock ‘n’ roll show with expensive bottled beer.

As we all said here: no posters, no advertising. I hope that Glenn's management never uses the 'service' of Wizard Promotions again.

Quote:
All in all, California Breed is an exciting project and they definitely are an exciting, fresh band to see live. It would be wonderful to see this project continue

So the writer has the same opinion as bluebassman - and a few others I should say!

http://insensitivereviews.com/concerts/concert-review-california-breed-live-wiesbaden-19-11-2014

Old Dec-29-2014, 1:15 PM

Germany

"I'm a hippie, not a punkrocker"

When playing in Vienna with California Breed, Glenn gave an in-depth interview to Kronen Zeitung.

He openly admits that the band lost some gigs due to the sudden departure of Bonham and that it took about a month to find Joey Castillo as replacement. For the time being, he is reluctant to say anything about the future of CaliBreed (which is what I have suspected but do not really want to hear).

Quote:
You pointed out in an interview that the doors will be closed for a return of Bonham.

The doors are closed because HE closed them. It wasn't me.

http://mobil.krone.at/phone/kmm__1/sendung_id__52/story_id__431563/app__CORE/story.phtml

The interview is in German and well worthy to invest some time and work in Google translate.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > LIVE > Reports & Pictures > Video

Share Thread

Tags
2014, 2020, album, bands, drums, glenn, guitar, jason bonham, solo, tour