g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar-23-2005, 9:55 AM

UK

Thumbs up GLENN IN ITALY and FREAK FLAG CDS

I am back from three brilliant shows in Italy. I have had the best time of my life, thanks to the road crew, Colin, Pete, Freddy, Martin, Pascal, and particularly Carl Swann - who issued me an "access all areas pass" for the shows - this was earned as I became part of the crew - loading gear in and out of the venues. Thanks guys - and not forgetting the lads in the band. I have ten of Tommys drum sticks and thanks to JJ - I have become an expert on Colin McRae Rally after wattching him on the PS2 on the tour bus. I have never felt so at home before! A special thanks also to Pete the tourbus driver - who looked after me no end - thanks.

As for the shows themselves - the Italians are crazy people - that made the shows stand out above most of the others - sorry Germany - they pipped you for wildness. The Lizards are fantastic also - look out for them with UFO on tour in the future.

I asked JJ about his new album and he says he is having 1000 copies printed up initially - but I told him to increase that to 10000 as demand was gonna be high. He could not believe that. So come on someone - start a thread about the album and lets hope he reads it - if not we are gonna find that the album is very hard to get hold of!

Glenn wasnt meeting the fans - to avoid illness - tempted fate there with the Austria show cancelled. I got the Liverpool/Everton derby game result passed to me verbally during the Rome show - as I had told him I couldnt get it on the car radio. Best of all I got a big hug off Big Daddy as a thanks for coming - (and neither of us is gay).

As for the FREAK FLAG CD - to all those who contacted me for a copy - they are on the way to you all.

Steve
Old Mar-23-2005, 10:51 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,818 Times in 2,710 Posts
Icon47 Planet Marsh

Originally Posted by dpurpleface
I asked JJ about his new album and he says he is having 1000 copies printed up initially - but I told him to increase that to 10000 as demand was gonna be high. He could not believe that. So come on someone - start a thread about the album and lets hope he reads it - if not we are gonna find that the album is very hard to get hold of!

The thread is here Steve, everyone is waiting on him to get the ball rolling

Aside from the sampler contained in there, you can also spread this link around for a bit of advance promotion!
Old Mar-23-2005, 3:50 PM

USA

david is totally right dpurple i cant wait for the chance to get this cd
Old Mar-24-2005, 1:35 AM

UK

Steve! A fellow Liverpudlian and I hope you support the right team! Tranmere? They are a hospitable lot that Glenn Hughes team aren't they? I was honoured to be there for some of the UK gigs and know exactly what you mean. My heart goes out to Glenn for what happened to him after the Italy dates but it won't alter his resolve to get back to Austria later this year if he possibly can. It's hard work to get these tours running smoothly as you have seen at first hand. Hopefully we'll meet at some point.
Old Mar-24-2005, 8:08 AM

UK

NOT Wolverhampton Wanderers!!!

Keith - there is only one team in Liverpool - sorry - and I already said it. Yes I started off in the UK for four shows - couldn't get enough and went to Germany - couldn't get enough and went to Italy - couldn't get enough and WAS going to go to Austria - thank god I didn't!!! I had to come back as I forgot to tell work that I was going and had the slight chance of coming back to unemployment!!!

Yes we will meet no doubt in the future -- maybe at Glenn/Iommi shows. I am going to the Arrow Classic Rock Festival in June if you fancy that?

Steve
Old Mar-25-2005, 12:19 AM

UK

Aye I will be there and square and in blue at the Champions league...erm sorry Arrowe Festival where hopefuly we can also meet up with soulmover. Do you think we can get him a back stage pass?

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
album, classic rock, David, GHPG.net, glenn, Glenn Hughes, tour