g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

News & Updates All the latest official News plus Glenn's live updates direct from Twitter!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep-13-2018, 2:23 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,596 Times in 2,600 Posts
These recordings are done utilizing the audio equipment provided by each venue, so there is no guaranteed baseline we can expect or currently offer. As Glenn has stated in various interviews before and during the current shows, these are "warts and all" recordings. They are not mixed or enhanced at all. In future, we will take on board your comments and make it clearer what to expect.

As a reminder, at some point next year, there is planned a fully enhanced documentary style DVD/Blu-ray/CD release to be made available, which encompasses various aspects of this global tour. Meantime, Glenn wanted to offer these soundboard recordings.

Thanks again for your feedback.

David
The Following 3 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-14-2018, 2:36 AM

Italy

Originally Posted by David View Post
These recordings are done utilizing the audio equipment provided by each venue, so there is no guaranteed baseline we can expect or currently offer. As Glenn has stated in various interviews before and during the current shows, these are "warts and all" recordings. They are not mixed or enhanced at all. In future, we will take on board your comments and make it clearer what to expect.

As a reminder, at some point next year, there is planned a fully enhanced documentary style DVD/Blu-ray/CD release to be made available, which encompasses various aspects of this global tour. Meantime, Glenn wanted to offer these soundboard recordings.

Thanks again for your feedback.

David

I appreciate so much the effort.
I hope the CD/DVD will cover the South America Tour performed with, I thinks, the best band members. I don't like the US tour members way of play. And in I like so much the Chilean Drummer Escobado: absolutely astonishing. If you do not know, you could think the drummer is Ian Paice!!! (Listen to "YFNO")
Old Sep-14-2018, 2:50 AM

Finland

Icon37

Hi,
not sure about the source but in Hamden show you can hear the audience and in Jim Thorpe you can't... sound quality isn't a problem for me... I've listened to poor quality bootlegs my whole life... and these are great compared to those...
My only - minor - complaint is that set list stays the same all the time. Holyman Gypsy, This Time Around/Owed TO G... there could be a little bit of variation. Even if only one song changes... that would make those shows even more special

T
Old Sep-14-2018, 4:14 AM

UK

David, any idea if any euro shows will be offered in the same way?

It would be good to check out Jeff's interpretation of the songs compared to Soren's.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Sep-14-2018, 5:37 AM

zUKUSA

Originally Posted by wolfysmith View Post
David, any idea if any euro shows will be offered in the same way?

Unfortunately not
Old Sep-15-2018, 3:39 PM

zUKUSA

The seventh show to be made available is now ready for you to download, whether you purchased the single Live in Saint Charles, IL 2018 show, MID WEST Package or 2018 USA TOUR Package.

You’ll find the download link for this show in your original Purchase Receipt. For more info. visit here
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > News & Updates

Share Thread

Tags
2018, album, brazil, classic rock, cover, Digital Archive, glenn, Glenn Hughes, glennhughes.com, history, music, press, rock, tour