g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs Schedule details & Transcripts from Fan CHAT sessions.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec-17-2003, 5:16 PM

USA

CHAT transcript - December 17th, 2003

There's also an ASCII text file version attached to this message (see below), if you want to save it to disk or if you'd like to Print the transcript, be sure and use Tools/Printer Friendly Format from the Toolbar above.

CHAT transcript - December 17th, 2003

James Gaden: Hey David!

David: Hi James....running a little late today!!

James Gaden: Evening Esther! How are you both doing?

Esther: Hi James and David!!!

Esther: I'm working on a document that I have to present tomorrow at the university

David: Hi Esther, did either of you manage to view the 2 songs from the Buenos Aires show?

Esther: I have a lot to do... but, the night is long

David: Hi Madman

Esther: no, I haven't seen nothing of Buenos Aires' show

Esther: Hi Madman

David: Check it later...

David: http://www.uolsinectis.com.ar/multimedia/buscar.php?calidad=300&filas_pag=20&f=glenn+hughes]http://www.uolsinectis.com.ar/multimedia/buscar.php?calidad=300&filas_pag=20&f=glenn+hughes]http://www.uolsinectis.com.ar/multimedia/buscar.php?calidad=300&filas_pag=20&f=glenn+hughes

Madman Shepherd: hey everybody

James Gaden: Hey Madman. I haven't seen them yet

David:, but I did see a bootleg DVD of the doomed acoustic SITKOR launch this week!

Esther: let's see.....

David: what a disaster....talk about a completely unprofessional setup by the organizers....

James Gaden: Too right....although the first verse of Stormbringer before Glenn's bass packed up was great!

David: So Madman, have you been a GH fan long?

Madman Shepherd: i havent been a glenn fan for that long

Madman Shepherd: only about a year and a half

James Gaden: What got you started on him?

ken: Hello people

Esther: hi ken

David: wow - you have lots to listen too - that's great - how did you get turned on to him?

James Gaden: Hi ken!

David: Hi ken

Madman Shepherd: well, i had heard some of his stuff, but nothing that remarkable...i had seventh star for a while but i really dont think that showcases his talent, ya know...

Esther: listening and watching stormbringer

Madman Shepherd: and im a fairly young fan....im 21

ken: Its 20 degrees here in ohio today. BRRRR

Madman Shepherd: but then i finally got deep purple Burn and started seeking out more Glenn stuff

David: that's great...

Madman Shepherd: then I got addiction and I felt jipped for never really hearing how much this man kicks ass before

David: Hi Capt'n!!

captmidnite1962: Good afternoon everyone..greetings from the frigid wasteland tthat is Indiana!

Madman Shepherd: glenn on seventh star and glenn on addiction sound almost like two different people....

Madman Shepherd: at least to me

David: so what do think of Feel?

captmidnite1962: I do agree madman!

ken: I just listened to the pick of the month on the jukebox section. Is this a session from Crystal Karma?

Madman Shepherd: i havent heard feel yet

David: i hope you like it - it's the complete opposite of Addiction, but it's Glenn all over....

Madman Shepherd: i do love crystal karma though! Midnight Meditated!

captmidnite1962: Feel is one of my favorites...a truckload of funk and soul!

Madman Shepherd: yeah, i had to cut back on my CD spending for a while...

ken: Hans is great is he not!

Madman Shepherd: so ive just had to listen to the CDs i have, over and over....

Esther: People here: I have to go to eat something for dinner (my stomach is advising me of it ... see you later, will you wait for me??

captmidnite1962: Hans is fantastic!

James Gaden: See you soon Esther - don't starve!

David: No ken - Max Magagni, an Italian - a session Glenn did a couple of years ago.

ken: I'm having an apple salad as we speak.

Esther: see you as soon as I finish my dinner!!!!

captmidnite1962: I am cranking HTP 2 as i type!

ken: Thanks David, its very Trapeze like. i love it!

ken: Bye Ester

James Gaden: One of my favourite Glenn sessions was Piece of My Heart. I thought he did that great!

David: Yeah, I also liked the Alice Cooper cover....

ken: Where is Piece of my heart from?

James Gaden: It's taken from the Nazareth tribute ken

ken: Thanks James

David: Another Hair Of The Dog - A Tribute To Nazareth (2001)

David:

James Gaden: Sorry David, I didn't have my discography handy...

captmidnite1962: Nazareth..memories of being in 8th grade and hearing Love Hurts on AM radio

ken: I saw Nazareth open for Glenn and tommy in 76

James Gaden: Has anybody heard Joe Lynn sing Love Hurts for the commercial on the website I posted several months back? I'd love him to release that properly...what a vocal!

captmidnite1962: Where did you see them?

ken: Pittsburgh and I filmed it.

captmidnite1962: Cool!!

ken: Very cool indeed

ken: This has been one heck of a year for being a Glenn fan

captmidnite1962: My older brother is a drummer....used to listen to Spectrum all the time..that was my first exposure to Tommy Bolin

captmidnite1962: Isn't that the truth!

ken: Quadrant 4, how sweet it is.

James Gaden: We've been well and truly spoiled!

captmidnite1962: A new album, the second HTP CD and the UK tour..a big year!

captmidnite1962: And Velvet Sessions....I still pinch myself over that one!

ken: And its only going to get better.

captmidnite1962: This is true 1

Madman Shepherd: i wish voodoo hill would tour

James Gaden: Is there any news on the shows he taped for the live album here in the UK David?

ken: Waiting on Voodoo Hill 2

David: I haven't heard anything James....

Madman Shepherd: yeah no crap...i cant wait for it

Madman Shepherd: anybody heard the cage with tony martin?

James Gaden: Yeah, I've got the first one!

Madman Shepherd: oh...thats what that does

captmidnite1962: Isn't Tony Martin working with Moody/Marsden as M3 now also?

ken: Yes, they have toured recently

James Gaden: The Cage is quite good...Tony's Stormbringer is excellent. I've not heard the Cage 2 yet though. M3 have just released a live CD.

captmidnite1962: I will have to look for that!

James Gaden: There's some soundclips of them at melodicrock.com

Madman Shepherd: coverdale is pissed off about m3

captmidnite1962: Hmm..wonder why?

James Gaden: Tony doesn't try to be Coverdale which is a good thing, but they are nothing more than a top notch tribute band really.

Madman Shepherd: he issued a press statement saying blah blah, i am whitensnake and he even meant so far as to say I wrote the majority of the songs in deep purple

ken: blah,blah,blah

Madman Shepherd: i mean i respect the guy and everything but...

captmidnite1962: DC has selective meory..he remembers some things vividly..yet often claims membership in the CRAFT Society when it suits him..

ken: What session did In and Out of Love transpire?

captmidnite1962: memory..sorry!

James Gaden: It was recorded with the Snakes In Paradise I think....from 1998?

David: don't think it was officially released...it slipped out kinda like Eighth Star!!

Esther: I'm back!!!! Hi all again!!

ken: I now remember that! thanks again James. my cats are getting into mischief! they are climbing, so I must go. Take care people

captmidnite1962: For you folks in the UK..Glenn's shows there must have been an aboslute gift from the heavens!

David: bye ken

captmidnite1962: Bye ken

David: and Spain too

ken: Later

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah..can't forget those!

James Gaden: Hey again Esther! See ya ken. I loved every second of the two shows I was at!

James Gaden: I don't know about everyone else (I suspect I'm in the monority) but I thought 8th Star was really overrated....

James Gaden: Or the minority even....!

Esther: Spain too??? what, David??

Esther: I think that I'm a bit lost in this conversation

David: Capt'n was mentioning the recent tour...but forgot about Spain

captmidnite1962: Especially satisfying because at one of the chats a few months back,it was remarked that we were too spoiled here in the uS with all the shows Glenn was doing here..

captmidnite1962: Yes i did..sorry!

Esther: aaaaaaaah

James Gaden: I was thrilled not only to see Glenn live but to hear so much quality solo stuff. A real bonus.

Esther: it doesn't matter

captmidnite1962: Yes you did..stuff from SITKOR and Addiction too!

James Gaden: A proper journey through Glenn's career, instead of the usual Trapeze and Purple cuts.

captmidnite1962: That's what was cool about Velvet Sessions..gettin to hear Higher Places and Beyond The Numb..

James Gaden: Beyong the Numb took me completely by surprise. It took me a few seconds to figure out what it was because i must confess BTM is not the most played Glenn CD in my collection.

captmidnite1962: That was kind of a left field choice..he did change the ending as i recall..

Esther: I don't know why people don't appreciate too mach BTM... I really love it

Esther: (too much... sorry)

captmidnite1962: So do I..

David: me too

James Gaden: I felt it tailed off near the end. Up to Highball Shooter is great, but after that I get a little...dare I say it...bored!

captmidnite1962: He brought on the funk there for sure!

captmidnite1962: I do understand that james..

Esther: My boyfriend Sergio says that people don't appreciate BTM because of the cover... he says that it's ugly

James Gaden: It's by no means my least favourite Glenn CD though. That goes to ROCK.

David: i would love to hear Big Sky done live.....Shirean was hoping it would be played during the Cruise a couple of months back...perhaps someother time...

Esther: Hi Grace!!

captmidnite1962: Don't like that one James?

James Gaden: Uh oh, here comes trouble. Hey Grace!

David: Hi Grace

captmidnite1962: Hello to the East Coast!

James Gaden: No, ROCK sounds like Glenn obligated to do heavy rock, unlike SITKOR where he wants to do it. There's some gems on it but I don't think it can live with some of the others.

Esther: yes... I'd love to listen Big Sky too... I thought that I could listen it in the acoustic show that Glenn was going to do for the spanish TV... but the show was cancelled, you remember

Grace: I was just on the phone with Santa, and have reported to him that you have all been naughty

captmidnite1962: That is fair..we all see these things a bit differently

captmidnite1962: Oh oh..she dropped dime on us!

David: Angela and This Life are a couple of others I'd like to hear live....

David: The Other Side Of Me and It's Alright are two more from ROCK!!

Esther: I agree with this thing about ROCK, James

James Gaden: Feel, Addiction and The Way it Is are a trilogy of briiliance for me Capt. I do love Midmight Meditated though.

captmidnite1962: Glenn told me when Jeff Beck heard Owed To J he asked Glenn if that was him playing guitar..

captmidnite1962: You got the soul/funk with Fell..then the dark power of Addiction..and TWII was just fabulous!

Grace: If the discussion is rock versus ballad, I love Feels Like Home and dare I say it... The Alchemist is an altogether different sound from Glenn. Kind of like Jolene (SP?)

Esther: Don't forget Play Me Out (I'm listening it now)

captmidnite1962: Damn these typos..

captmidnite1962: I was listening to Play Me Out the other day..

David: PuT the BoTTle DowN capt.

James Gaden: Don't worry, you're among fiends...

Esther:

captmidnite1962: Ah yes..Incense and Peaches...that was on the CD player too..

James Gaden: Which is your fave on Play Me Out Esther?

captmidnite1962: Oh no..I've been found out!!

Esther: Uhmmm... difficult question....

Esther: I love all the songs...

captmidnite1962: Destiny is a favorite of mine...Soulution..

David: it's one of those masterpieces, where you can't skip a song without ruining the flow, IMHO!

Esther: I'm trying, James, but I don't really know what to answer

captmidnite1962: No..and the bonus cuts on the RPM version fit in nicely too

captmidnite1962: I have the Connisseur version with 4 On The Floor also

James Gaden: Okay, I'll throw it open to everybody because everyone has a different view on that CD. Who likes what?

Esther: I think that PMO is a entire thing itself... you can't separate it in songs

captmidnite1962: She is right..but I will play..Destiny..Soulution...I Found a Woman..

James Gaden: Me too. Four On the Floor rules!

captmidnite1962: Glenn does the Stones!!

James Gaden: Let's Spend the Night Together is stunning!

Grace: that's the one album that I don't have, so no opinion from me....

David: WOW, you don't have it Grace....you must get it pronto!

captmidnite1962: Is it still available? I bought my copy about 10 years ago..

James Gaden: You don't have Four On The Floor Grace? That's interesting.....

Grace: I thought that it was called Glenn does disco right or wrong?

Grace: can't find it

captmidnite1962: That is the feel of it..yes you are right..

Grace: nor the Hank Davidson one

Grace: but I've bought everything that I can find

captmidnite1962: I can remeber reading in Rolling Stone in 1978 about the band..it was supposed to be Steely dan meets the Isley Brothers

Grace: what a commotion that would be!!!

captmidnite1962: The original material was never cut..all that remained was the disco covers.

James Gaden: It was superb, I know that much. Pity they didn't do more.

James Gaden: On the subject of disco covers, has anybody heard Jeff Scott soto with the Boogie Knights?

captmidnite1962: The personnel was going to be Jeff Baxter and Elliott Randall on guitars,Al Kooper on keys,Nei Steubenhaus on bass,Richie Hayward on drums and Glenn on vocals

Grace: has anybody heard that there's another 2 for 1 GH album...........Feel and something else?

David: Addiction...I think!

captmidnite1962: Feel and Addiction

Esther: I saw Jeff in 3 shows last month and he did a medley with disco-funky songs

Grace: OK....I was hoping that it was Feel and 4 on the floor

captmidnite1962: He was a big studio session man for years

Grace: Thanks

Grace: can't ask for an answer faster than INSTANT

captmidnite1962: And where is the Toddster when we need him??

James Gaden: That's what that medley's from Esther. If anybody likes 70's disco, check it out!

captmidnite1962: You might have to do some digging for it..i am not sure if the PMO/4 On the Floor CD is still in print

James Gaden: I think it's long gone Capt.

captmidnite1962: Better hang onto mine then!

James Gaden: I found mine by chance in a closing down sale. My third copy of PMO! Special Edition, 4 on the floor version and a vinyl copy!

David: I've seen it on eBay from time to time...

Grace: maybe you two, JG and the captain could explain to us mere mortals how you know and remember who was in what band/ album/tour and you can pop these answers out so fast???

captmidnite1962: I remember coming across the vinyl version in a record shop in San Antonio back in the 80's..

James Gaden: Simple. I never go out.

captmidnite1962: In my case >Grace..it is from being a total liner note junkie..

Grace: my copy of PMO was the re-issued gold color with a few added tracks from the present

captmidnite1962: She Knows and Take Me With You?

Grace: good answer James....except to buy more CD's, huh?

Grace: I'm not sure the album's not right in front of me

captmidnite1962: OK..

James Gaden: She Knows is a great track. But so is Fools Condition from the 70's

captmidnite1962: I like those 78 tracks too..Glenn playing all the instruments save the drums..he did a great job!

Esther: PMO+ Getting near to you, Fools Condition, Take me with you , she knows ... Purplerecords edition

captmidnite1962: That is the latest version

Grace: the only way I know is to read The Great Rock Discobiography but even that leaves plenty of stuff out, and you have to know, for example: DP, or you won't find our boy Glenn. He doesn't have a separate listing which he should have. Or at least say....GH go to Trapeze, Dp, etc....

James Gaden: Don't forget I'm eligable for promo copies now too!

Esther: yes... I' very young to think in vynil hehe

captmidnite1962: Now wait Esther..I still have al my vinyl albums!! l

captmidnite1962: I had Last Concert In Japan on vinyl..it was pricy too..about 17 bucks in 1983..

Esther: I have got a player for vinyls... but the albums that I've got are from my father... old spanish music

Grace: you know, I think that people forget the two songs that Gh did a great job of on the Butterfly ball, or was it the 2 songs on the Wizard's convention...or both?

captmidnite1962: When i get my albums from my parents' townhouse I will buy a turntable...there is still a certain romance about vinyl

captmidnite1962: Both..I got the remastered wizards Convention recently..

David: I still have one for the rare 45's that are still in my collection...

captmidnite1962: Glenn's vocal on Until Tomorrow is killer!

Esther: I started to love music around 1993, when I was 13 years old... the first album that I have bougth was a compilation of The Beatles around 1995 and it was on CD

captmidnite1962: Oh my Esther..you are a baby!!

Esther: before this I used to but cassettes... it was cheaper

captmidnite1962: Compared to me anyway!

Esther: I'm 23... 5 days for 24!!!

captmidnite1962: And a very Happy Birthday to you..in advance!

Esther: thank you, capt.!!!

Esther:

Grace: not to sound cute, but is there anything that Glenn has done that anybody thinks is terrible, besides that hurrah the giant is dead thing on the first trapeze?

Grace: Have a great Birthday, Esther!!!!!!

captmidnite1962: I was never nuts about First Step Of Love

Esther: thank, Grace

David: only thing that comes to mind are some late 80s live performances..

captmidnite1962: The Boballos?

Grace: your more than welcome....maybe your family will enlarge your photo with Glenn and have it framed for you!!!

Esther: I'll eat a piece of cake for you, GHCP!!!!!!!!

Grace: make sure it's vanilla flav

captmidnite1962: And don't forget to make a wish Esther!

David: Happy Birthday for 5 days time....Esther

Esther: I'd like it veeeeery much, Grace... it's a very good idea... I'll tell them tomorrow

Grace: live performances with BS?

Esther: Thanx, David !!

captmidnite1962: Other than that Grace..I am hardpressed to think of any Glenn tracks that i don't like..

David: no, towards the end of his time in Atlanta, he did some shows.....in the bad old days ....

David: '89 I think....

Grace: personally, I shuddered when I read the title :See that my grave is kept clean........but Glenn was able to pull even that one off too.

captmidnite1962: Weren't they recorded and released sometime after the fact?

Grace: are were talking of the video with John Norum?

David: no, but that one too!

captmidnite1962: Was it the Bobaloos David?

David: you mean live right with the long trench coat?

Grace: hempo hilden on drums, no clue who the other guitarist was, but

David: I don't think it went under that monika...although some of the same players were probably there.

Grace: is it the one where Gh asks the audience if they like his new band?

David: yeah, Grace I think we're talking about the same thing....

Grace: what do you think of my new band?

Grace: and then cuts off............

captmidnite1962: OK..I am thinking of something else then..

David: dont' think 89/90 were great years for GH.

Grace: too bad that this is so public, or I'd suggest that we all meet in the middle of Nebraska with our videos and try to figure out who/what where/when

captmidnite1962: I remember Glenn working with Gary Moore..I enjoyed the tracks he did on Run For Cover..it was years later that I learned what went on behind the scenes

Grace: you know, if Glenn is going to read this, and I think that he will, and I'll be in big trouble......

captmidnite1962: The jokes about Glenn breaking the bathroom scales...not a good time!

Grace: I think should find out the exact address of Former First lady Betty Ford and send her a dozen red roses. It's Christmas time..........Happy 12th Anniversary Glenn, we never tell you how proud of you we are, but we are, and send the flowers to Betty Ford with your Thank You

David: looking at him today, certainly proves you can achieve anything in life....

captmidnite1962: Nebraska at this time of year?? i will have to pass!

captmidnite1962: That is so true David..

captmidnite1962: And unlike so many performers of his vintage,Glenn's voice is in fabulous shape!

Esther: it's difficult for me to think of bad Glenn ... I think that he was another person... it's difficult to think that the lovely man that he is now was a bad person years before...

captmidnite1962: And his talent is intact!

Grace: well not now but centrally located

James Gaden: All those things that happened helped make him the person he is today

Esther:.

captmidnite1962: The thing about Glenn that is almost refreshing is that he is very candid about the bad old days..

Grace: As that brilliant record stated: Thank God and Betty Ford!! Who wrote that hit song?

Esther: yes, I know... it proves that you can change if you want and you make an effort (a huge effort sometimes)

captmidnite1962: I can't remember..you stumped me there!

Grace: James didn't I tell you that as floored as you would be seeing/hearing GH perform.....that the meet and greet would be even better

James Gaden: You did, and yes it was!

captmidnite1962: Oh man..to be able to meet Glenn..that was unreal!!

Grace: uh....sorry captain.......that was a joke.I wrote that snappy tune for the gh board

captmidnite1962: Opps..a bit of brain fade on my part..I do remember your forum entry now!

Grace: you know the first clue that I had that Mr. Voice was personally a nice guy was when some dope waved a paper in Glenn's face WHILE HE WAS SINGING at Birch Hill, and instead of Gh asking security to throw them out, Glenn said he waould sign all auto graphs after the show and he di

Grace: sorry, and he did

James Gaden: Great isn't it? Sammy Hagar does that too.....I have a DVD and he gets the fan to hold his mike for him while he holds the guys CD in one hand, signs it in the other and carries on singing. THAT'S how to treat your fans!

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah..he was great with everyone at the 3 shows i saw him at this year

captmidnite1962: Glenn REALLy cherishes his fans..

Grace: it might just be a minute or two for somebody famous, but we GHCP's never forget when we meet GH

Esther: He is lovely... you can't imagine how much love and peace he can transmit you whe he is in front of you... I could sound stupid, but I have to say that I misse him and I miss his peace

James Gaden: No doubt. I've said it before, but there's something special about our family here on the board that no other board can offer. Some of us only have Glenn in common but that's more than enough.

Grace: I feel bad for people when the EVIL MANAGEMENT throws out people early, as happened in the UK or when there's a time schedule problem..then no M&G

Esther: yes, James, you're rigth... it's a beautiful thing... it's magic

captmidnite1962: You don't sound foolish at all Esther....when i saw him at the Voices show in orlando this past summer,I said goodnight to him as everyone was heading off for home..it must have been 3 a.m. and i got a huge hug from Glenn for coming down to see him..he was truly grateful that i had made the trip

Esther: yes, he is unique

Grace: plus, we got couth, because we recognize that through his passion in his music Glenn is the best there is........I've been listrning to lots of radio this Christmas season.......and Glenn's voice is just as distinctive as Nat King Coles, only different, but both the best

captmidnite1962: That reminds me..I just ordered A Soulful Christmas from Buccaneer records

captmidnite1962: I can't wait to hear it!

James Gaden: I'll have to break out Soulful Xmas soon before we finish at work. Even my colleagues like it despite not being Glenn fans because it's refreshingly different.

David: you 'gonna love it

Grace: DO NOT...repeat....DO NOT listen to Ave Maria

Grace: unless you have a box of tissues nearby

captmidnite1962: That powerful is it??

Grace: your brains are gonna fall out

Grace: I say that a lot, so don't worry too much

captmidnite1962: Oh my..can't have that now..I still have 5 courses to finish at school!!

James Gaden: I'm still recovering from my lobotomy courtesy of the two UK shows i was at.

Esther:

Grace: say a fast prayer and play that song and God will have mercy on you!!!!

captmidnite1962: Just cued up The Way It Is..

James Gaden: Seafull did it for you didn't it Esther?

Esther: yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James Gaden: There she goes!

Esther: don't talk about it, James, if you don't want me to satrt to cry

captmidnite1962: That must have been cool..and wasn't Mel Galley at one of the UK gigs?

Esther:

David: Yeah, in Dudley....

James Gaden: Feel free! I'm glad it means so much to you...Glenn knowing who I was when I first met him had a similar effect on me!

captmidnite1962: That is cool James....how can you forget a moment like that!

Esther: Thinking of it still makes me have goose flesh

James Gaden: It was surreal...he asked my name, and when I told him he said From my board? Gabi, come here. This is James! Unbelievable.

Esther: he dedicated me this song, he gave me a bottle of water in the middle of the show, he gave me a pick just in my hand... and, the best, he gave me gave me a lovely big embrace

captmidnite1962: I can still see it in my mind.the first timwe I met Glenn...you know,I have been listening to his music for 20 years..and there he was!

captmidnite1962: And then..AND THEN..he spent all those hours in the lounge talking with us!!

David: It's been quite a year for us all - from all corners of the globe and we've all seen Glenn this year, it's not often this happens, here's hoping 2004 brings more of the same

Esther: it was one of the most special days in my whole life

James Gaden: Here here!

Esther: I hope that, David

captmidnite1962: After traveling cross country!

James Gaden: Well, at the very least we should have Voodoo Hill 2 and an HTP tour.

Esther: and the new Glenn's solo album

James Gaden: I didn't want to mention that in case I cursed it....!

Esther:

Grace: when I first met Glenn, I had this very large poster, that I had had framed and double matted, the whole bit. But what did I first say to Glenn to let him know that I'm an idiot? Hi Glenn, this is framed and it DOES have a piece of glass, but if the glass was in the frame ....you wouldn't be able to sign it!!!! Thank you, all I am sure everyone is laughing . like crazy.......

James Gaden: Oooh, smoothly does it Grace!

Esther:

Grace: probably one of the MORE STUPID THINGS that peple have said to GH

Grace: I graduated from Stupidity 101 with that statement

Esther:

James Gaden: Well I had a conversation with Gabi without even realising who she was, then went to get a drink, recognised her and introduced myself again to make sure she reailsed I was a complete muppet.

Grace: yes James, the truth can now be told...you are my illigitimate grandson, by a previous relationship, or something like that

James Gaden: Did you have a fling with David Hasselhoff then

Grace:?

captmidnite1962: Ah yes..being star struck..i met John Entwistle after a show he did here in Indy..you wait on line and try to think of something funny or at least profound to say..the big moment came..and i stod there like Ralph Kramden..homina homina homina!

Grace: OK, OK....all thes refined people, James, who can carry on a normal conversation with GH while OUR brain cells are doing a Yippee Dance .....

Vinnis: hi all!

David: Hi Vinnis...

James Gaden: It's shameful isn't it.

captmidnite1962: Hello Vinnis

Esther: well, I couldn't say anything fanny to Glenn... well, I couldn't say almost anything... it's easy to write in english that to speak... so I said a word per minute

James Gaden: Hey Vinnis!

Esther: (funny... sorry)

Vinnis: anyone have any info on the jan 11th LA gig???

Esther: Hi Vinnis

Grace: No, it was HIS grandfather Adolph Hasselhoff

David: Maybe in a day or two Vinnis

James Gaden: Heil Hasselhoff!

Vinnis: thanks David

Grace: yeah, James, that was him......

James Gaden: Well, I'm going to have to shoot off in a couple of minutes, so if you want to reveal any more of my family tree Grandma Grace, do it now!

John H: Hello all

Esther: hey John!!!!!!!

John H: I almost forgot about this

captmidnite1962: Helo John!

John H: Duh

David: Yeah folks - 20 minutes left....

James Gaden: Hey John.

Grace: we are definitely a rock family tree

David: Hi John...

John H: Hi David

John H: Hi Esther

John H: Hi James

John H: and Grace

captmidnite1962: 20 minutes till dinner!

Esther: 20 minutes to sleep

James Gaden: Esther just read my mind. Early start tomorrow....what else is new?

captmidnite1962: it is about 11 p.m. there?

Esther: I have some classes tomorrow.... it starts at 9 a.m. and here ii's midnight now

James Gaden: It is here in the UK. Esther's an hour ahead of me

John H: Yep and the pubs are all closing right.......NOW

John H: BUMMER

Esther: yes

captmidnite1962: Oh no!!

John H: James I read they are going to change the pub closing hour and make it more like the US

Vinnis: got cut off !!

John H: is that true

James Gaden: It's been discussed but nothing official has been announced to my knowledge.

John H: It's such a shame they close so early

Esther: fortunately I live in the city that never sleeps ... you always can find a pub opened

Grace: I hate to make a fool of myself and run, but I have to get home..I'm at the library cmputer now..........love to all of you people..and David.........just 4 more posts and you're adopted....and thanks for sponsoring these chats. Bye everyone...love you all..............

John H: That is great

James Gaden: What is the closing time in the US anyway?

John H: 2am

John H: Except in Vegas

Vinnis: 4 am here

John H: you can get a drink 24hrs

captmidnite1962: depends on the state james..2 a.m. in most states

Vinnis: 4 am and then we have after hour places

captmidnite1962: NY is 4 a.m.

John H: Awesome

James Gaden: Whoa....only nightclubs even come close to that here. And they suck.

John H: The city that never sleeps indeed

John H: The worst was going to a Blackmore Night show

Vinnis: in NY john?

John H: and they stopped serving about 83opm

captmidnite1962: No it doesn't...a fact that is reinforced living in the Midwest1

John H: In Germany

Vinnis: ahh

Esther: in Madrid, 3 a.m the pubs that are close to living houses... no time the ones that are far from living areas

John H: and I hate watching bands sober

John H: I usually drink when I play also

captmidnite1962: I have to be sober..want to remember all of it!

Vinnis: anyone goin to see DP on the USA tour???

John H: but not till 3 sets in

John H: I only need one or two beers

John H: I hope to see DP

captmidnite1962: The closest they come to me is Chicago..

James Gaden: I'm not a big drinker but last orders at 10:30 on a Sunday is pitiful.

John H: I just read they are doing all of Machine Head

Esther: I don't like alcohol... I prefer to have control of myself

captmidnite1962: I hear you james!

John H: 1030 yuck

Vinnis: yeah thast what i heard too

James Gaden: Should be good with Sykesy and Thin Lizzy in support.

John H: Too bad they can't do all Morse songs

John H: and maybe 3 old ones

John H: that would suit me fine

Vinnis: yeah should be it will be my 4th morse show lol

captmidnite1962: Though my sister in San Antonio called me and told me that she heard that DP and Thin Lizzy are playing in SA in february..

James Gaden: I'm not sure what the point of playing all of Machine Head is, because it can only be inferior to the album.. No Lord, no Blackmore, Gillan not as good as he was then....

captmidnite1962: and thought I might be interested..be careful what you wish for sister!

Vinnis: i agree james

Vinnis: totally

John H: Yes I think it's silly

Vinnis: i think they should do an all 94 and on show

Vinnis: w maybe encores of old stuf

James Gaden: Now all of Purpendicular, THEN you'd be talking.

Vinnis: yeah great album i saw that tour

captmidnite1962: Oh yeah..and i do enjoy some of Bannanas

Vinnis: i dont care for bananas i tried but just cant

captmidnite1962: I watched the streaming concert at AVO Sessions

James Gaden: Me neither Vinnis.

Esther: I think I have to go to sleep now... I can't have my eyes opened for more time

Vinnis: i think the producer had too much say in tha album its bad enuf that the band is not there and then bring on outside writing is beyond me

captmidnite1962: I see your point Vinnis

David: Thanks for coming Esther....hope to see you next month - have a great birthday....and Xmas/NewYear.

captmidnite1962: Good night Esther!

Esther: See you soon, chat to you again next year Hope you have a very joyful christmas and a better new year

Esther: love to all

James Gaden: I'm going too....night Esther, nice speaking with you gentlemen! See you on the boards!

Vinnis: nite Esther!

captmidnite1962: good night James!

Vinnis: nite james

David: Have a good one James....

Esther: see you on the boards!!!. Love. Besos. bye

captmidnite1962: I think it is closing time,is it not?

captmidnite1962: OK folks....the inner man needs to be fed...Have a great holiday!

David: talk to you later Capt.....thanks for stopping by...

captmidnite1962: OK David..till next time!

Vinnis: nite capt

captmidnite1962: Good night!

John H: Ok I guess it's time to log out

John H: take care every one

captmidnite1962: OK John!

Vinnis: nite john

Vinnis: guess im out too lol

John H: Bye

Vinnis: see you all soon

David: See you all next month...Wednesday, January 21st, 2004 - when we hope to have a Special Guest lined-up to join us!
Attached Files
File Type: txt CHAT_chat121703.txt (34.7 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec-18-2003, 5:43 AM

USA

Dammit, I missed ANOTHER chat...and I was sitting around half the day not doing a thing yesterday. Figures.

Todd

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Fan CHAT Schedule & Logs

Share Thread

Tags
1978, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1998, 1st, 2001, 2003, 2004, addiction, album, albums, bands, bass, cover, David, Deep Purple, drums, Gabi, GHCP, GHPG.net, glenn, guitar, HTP, journey, keys, Mel Galley, press, Shirean, solo, solo album, streaming, tommy bolin, tour, Trapeze, Video, voodoo hill