g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic > Video

Video Movie Clips go here!

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr-26-2011, 1:15 AM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,848 Times in 2,719 Posts
Icon47 RHCP return in August/September 2011

Looks like the next release from the Red Hot Chili Peppers is due in late August, early September

No word on the album title yet, but Chad has been quoted as saying:

Quote:
It has no name, but it's going good. We've got lots of songs and we're just choosing the ones for the album. Everybody's happy, healthy and excited to get back out there and play.

It will be the band's first release since guitarist John Frusciante was replaced by Josh Kilnghoffer....

Quote:
It's a good chemistry. The cool thing is we knew him for about 10 years before he joined. We've had the luxury of writing songs for a year and he's brought a lot to the table. It sounds new and fresh – but it still sounds like the Chili Peppers.

Old May-01-2011, 12:08 AM

Australia

Kinda looking forward to hearing the new album when it finally comes out. not a HUGE RHCP fan, but am always interested to hear what music they put out.
Old Jun-17-2011, 1:40 PM

zUKUSA

First 2011 live dates announced this morning... for Europe....

October 7th - Germany, Cologne, Lanxess Arena
October 9th - Germany, Hamburg, O2 World
October 11th - Sweden, Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena
October 12th - Sweden, Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena
October 14th - Denmark, Herning, Boxen Arena
October 16th - Holland, Rotterdam, Ahoy
October 18th - France, Paris, Bercy
October 21st - Germany, Frankfurt, Festhalle
December 4th - Germany, Berlin, O2 World
December 5th - Germany, Munich, Olympiahalle
December 7th - Austria, Vienna, Stadthalle
December 10th - Italy, Torino, Palaolimpico
December 11th - Italy, Milan, Forum
December 13th - Switzerland, Zurich, Hallenstadion
December 15th - Spain, Barcelona, Palau Sant Jordi
December 17th - Spain, Madrid, Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad
Old Jun-17-2011, 1:56 PM

UK

New album is called I'm With You and is due out August 30th according to Classic Rock.

wolfysmith's Sig: "It's in my blood"
Old Jun-23-2011, 11:39 PM

zUKUSA

Good interview with Chad, all about the new album and more...

www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/chad-smith-of-red-hot-chili-peppers-talks-i-m-with-you-french-movies-energy-and-rebirth
Old Aug-17-2011, 3:29 PM

zUKUSA

...it's all kickin' off in a few days
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS LIVE:*I'M WITH YOU Tuesday, August 30th - YouTube
Old Aug-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Germany

Icon43 Live videos from Japan

Last weekend RHCP played in Japan. They were also presenting some songs from their new album "I'm With You" (out on August 26th in Germany).

I got my ticket for their show in Berlin (December 4th) and can only advice to avoid the unofficial ticket dealers due to personalized tickets. If you are unlucky you won't get in with tickets that are not purchased from the official ticket seller. Sounds bad but more and more groups want to stop the big money on the black market with these personalized tickets and I hope it will work with the time.

Red Hot Chili Peppers @ Live in Summer Sonic - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie #9 - 13.08.2011 - YouTube

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Factory Of Faith - Live at Tokyo - 14.08.2011 - YouTube
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-22-2011, 7:16 PM

zUKUSA

Apple's iTunes Store is now offering a FREE audio stream of the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album, "I'm With You"... and also accepting pre-orders for the disc, which will be released on August 30th...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/im-with-you/id450258003

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-23-2011, 3:03 AM

Germany

SPECIAL SHOW - tickets on sale now!

As you may be aware, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced that they will debut their tenth studio album ‘I’M WITH YOU’ in a special cinematic concert event. This show will be presented in movie theatres around the world, during album release week.

The band will perform the entire album in sequence, followed by some of their greatest hits in a special high-definition cinematic in-theater event, Red Hot Chili Peppers LIVE: I’m With You. It is the first – and only – time the new album will be performed in its entirety by the band.

Here’s the really exciting part for you. This show is going to be filmed at the E-Werk in Cologne on 30th August and tickets go on sale RIGHT NOW for you to be at the gig itself. It is first come first served for a very limited amount of tickets.

http://rhcp.tickets.de/en/customer/events/presale/ffb79e116c62411
Old Aug-23-2011, 2:32 PM

Germany

Wow - tickets are already gone...
Clever marketing strategy, also the live show in all the cinemas.
I'm only surprised that the live gig in Cologne starts at 7 p.m. (entrance 5.30 p.m.) but the live shows in the cinemas in Germany start at 9 p.m., so it's probably not "real" live but with a two hours difference...?
Doesn't matter, gonna enjoy it in a big CinemaxX in Berlin...
Old Aug-25-2011, 5:33 PM

zUKUSA

...a message from Chad about his hiatus from his other band
Chickenfoot: And now an important message from Dr. Smith... - YouTube
The Following 2 Funkmeisters Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-26-2011, 9:57 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by David View Post
...a message from Chad about his hiatus from his other band
Chickenfoot: And now an important message from Dr. Smith... - YouTube

Funny clip to introduce the new drummer!
Did Kenny say there "German kickass..."? Must be good drumsticks!
Old Aug-26-2011, 10:33 AM

Germany

Today I got the deluxe edition of "I'm With You" (cd + t-shirt) plus my theater ticket for the live show on tuesday. Feels like I made myself a little birthday present without getting older
Now the cd is playing and I'm getting pretty excited for the live show...
I have to admit though that "I'm With You" doesn't hit me as much as BCC1 or 2. Maybe I have to listen to the songs more often but when I played the BCC cds first I liked every song straight away and love them since. So - we'll see.

The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to geosoulberlin For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-28-2011, 2:38 PM

Germany

Originally Posted by geosoulberlin View Post
Maybe I have to listen to the songs more often...

Yes, yes, yes...heard the album a few times now and love it
Don't expect the "old Peppers". Even though they haven't changed their style completely they were surprising me with a lot of new things. First I was a bit irritated but now I can't get enough of it and have to play the album over and over again...
Old Aug-28-2011, 2:45 PM

zUKUSA

Don't expect the "old Peppers". Even though they haven't changed their style completely they were surprising me with a lot of new things.

Yeah, it's a bit of a grower... but worth the wait

Have fun at the "gig"
Old Aug-29-2011, 4:16 PM

Germany

Yepp, just listened to the album again and my favourites in the moment are "Factory Of Faith", "Look Around" and "Even You Brutus?".
Will check tomorrow evening if it's possible to get some decent stuff for a few clips but I bet some people in Cologne will do that anyhow - really live...

Just checked the news in the net. They are already in Cologne and today their bus got stopped by the police because they drove too fast. Then they visited the E-Werk where they play tomorrow and afterwards Chad had to take his beloved cap off while visiting the big Dome of Cologne
(On the way to the E-Werk)
Old Aug-29-2011, 4:35 PM

zUKUSA

...Chad had to take his beloved cap off while visiting the big Dome of Cologne

Don't believe that's Chad... saw him recently... I'm sure he didn't gain 50 pounds since then Think you'll find the "real" Chad... hiding in the far right corner... on a smoke break
Old Aug-30-2011, 12:55 AM

Germany

Originally Posted by David View Post
Don't believe that's Chad... saw him recently... I'm sure he didn't gain 50 pounds since then Think you'll find the "real" Chad... hiding in the far right corner... on a smoke break

I know...I never would have thought the guy in front of Anthony would be Chad Chad only took his cap off for about 10 minutes when he was walking through that Dome because he was asked to do so. And then someone got a pic of him while he was inside that church. I don't know if he liked it and so I didn't post that pic...
Old Aug-30-2011, 1:52 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,378 Times in 786 Posts
Bet you haven't seen this, Heidi. The Peppers were at the studio of 1LIVE just the other day, answering fan-submitted questions. The uploaded video of this little session is quite funny

www.einslive.de/medien/html/1live/2011/08/28/1live-red-hot-chili-peppers-fan-treffen.xml

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Aug-31-2011, 2:27 PM

Germany

Thanks a lot, Yvonne! That link is a little gold mine, plenty of interesting stuff to watch and read!
Old Aug-31-2011, 2:38 PM

Germany

Heeey now greeeat show!

Now I know why the live show in the cinemas was two hours later than the real live show in Cologne: they put a 20 minutes opening in front of the live show with pictures from Cologne, interviews (with the band and also with some people outside the E-Werk waiting to get in) and their red logo in front of Cologne impressions or in between the clips, always giving the minutes until the start of the live show. Very cleverly made, that raised the tension a lot and when the live show finally started there was a big applauding and screaming even in the cinema were I was

I was sitting nearly in the middle with a good view and a loud and clear sound from big boxes. I tell you, it was pure enjoyment! By then I knew all the songs and watching them being performed live was just great. The Peppers really rocked the hall, all the people were jumping up and down when they played the faster songs, arms were waving, screams here and then and laughter when Flea made his jokes (he can be really funny, I like him a lot). Chad also seems to have a great sense of humour, there was one scene near the end of a song (think it was „Factory of Faith“) where he rolled his eyes looking pretty weird which made me giggle. And the whole show he just hit the drums with such a force and precision, also in a little solo, fantastic! You see the experience and routine but you also see the big joy he still has as a drummer in that band. And the new guy, Josh, he’s just really sweet and full of energy, too. Of course he doesn’t have the experience of John but Chad said it very well in the interview before: „Nobody can replace John. But John is John and Josh is Josh.“ And that’s it. The young guy was very shy in the interview and he didn’t play as dominant as John but he was really going for it in his own style. I liked him a lot as well and was always hoping he wouldn’t hit the floor when he sometimes had his wild jumps across the stage…

Anthony seemed to have calmed down a bit. But don’t think he was just standing there and singing. No, no, he could also still go for it but the „wildest man“ was definitely Flea. I just don’t know how he does it to play his bass really good and shake his body all the time as well as if the electric cable goes straight into his bump. Incredible. And then he showed some nice piano playing as well…
Well, to make it short: as soon as the live dvd is available in the stores, I’ll get it. Can only highly recommend it without getting payed for it!

(Josh, Chad, Flea and Anthony at the interview before the show)
Old Aug-31-2011, 11:15 PM

Germany

Here comes a direct link to the video "Monarchy of Roses" (including the start of the show) where you will find some more videos and an interesting link below them (don't know for how long)...

www.youtube.com/user/turtlliwdnifuoyehthr#p/u/4/xT1xA0Oku_E
Old Sep-03-2011, 1:48 PM

UK

I got I'm With You the other day, and I'm really enjoying it! So far my favourites are Look Around, Factory of Faith and Ethiopia, and I'm quite looking forward to seeing a gig at the O2 in November, and hearing it live, anyone else going? Helena, xx

christmas fairy's Sig:
Old Sep-10-2011, 7:11 PM

zUKUSA

RHCP were on a UK chat show last night, hosted by Jonathan Ross... Chad was hilarious as always
Red Hot Chili Peppers The Jonathan Ross Show 10/09/11 The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie - YouTube
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-11-2011, 3:16 AM

Germany

Nice clip! Didn't know that Flea can play trumpet as well beside bass and piano. Had to laugh about the comment of Jonathan Ross when Flea showed his bare toes on the sofa...

He seems to be a great talkmaster, kind of guy I would like to watch if he would be on German tele. Really loved the final action of Chad as well!!!
Old Sep-12-2011, 1:55 PM

USA

Peppers

I bought the Peppers album Freaky Styley when it was released. The song Catholic School Girls rule I liked, but remember thinking this band would never make the big time. Tho' the bassist and the drummer and their old guitarplayer are pretty good I never rated the singing or the songs very high, really. I still think they're massively overrated, but the world disagrees with me judging their record sales.
Old Sep-12-2011, 2:08 PM

Germany

Just stepped over another interview with Chad in the Rolling Stone:
www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chad-smith-chili-peppers-are-a-long-marriage-chickenfoot-is-a-mistress-20110907
It's a bit chaotic and has some funny bits but especially this part might interest GH fans:

You're also recording with the Bombastic Meatbats.
Yeah, I did that with some friends of mine that used to play with Glenn Hughes from Deep Purple. He's a good friend of mine and we were kind of his band. We ended up jamming and coming up with this music that we really liked, so we made a side project out of it. It did, like, two Glenn Hughes albums, two Chickenfoot albums and two Bombastic Meatbats albums since the last Chili Peppers album came out.

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Sep-12-2011, 2:14 PM

Germany

Thanked 1,378 Times in 786 Posts
Nice clip! Didn't know that Flea can play trumpet as well beside bass and piano. Had to laugh about the comment of Jonathan Ross when Flea showed his bare toes on the sofa...

He seems to be a great talkmaster, kind of guy I would like to watch if he would be on German tele. Really loved the final action of Chad as well!!!

In a recent interview Flea told that he used the time between the last two albums to study music for two semesters at the university and that he took some lessons in trumpet playing.
Do you know that he ran the LA Marathon this year?

Flea To Run Los Angeles Marathon - YouTube

If you like Jonathan Ross, check out his interview with Don Johnson a couple of years ago

Don Johnson Dec 2006 Part1 - YouTube

lioness's Sig:"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon
The Following Funkmeister Says Thank You to lioness For This Useful Post:
Old Sep-12-2011, 3:45 PM

Germany

Icon28

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
Do you know that he ran the LA Marathon this year?

No, I didn't know, thanks for the interview!

Originally Posted by lioness View Post
If you like Jonathan Ross, check out his interview with Don Johnson a couple of years ago

Hehehe...that's really funny, they're both great at this interview! I love it how they joke about the different English accents...
I've always been a big fan of British humour! Dry, direct and a bit respectless but soo often straight to the point. In the early eighties I've been to England a lot and one of my favourite series on tele was "Fawlty Towers" with John Cleese.

And my favourite comedy actress has always been Tracey Ullman, she was so damn funny! She went to the States in the 80s and became very popular there as well. One of her specialities is parodying people, just watch these two short clips:
Tracey Ullman as Renee Zellweger As JK Rowling - YouTube
Tracey Ullman as Matthew McConaughey - YouTube

(But we're getting off topic. Maybe we should start a new thread about talkmasters/comediens with a good sense of humour...?)

geosoulberlin's Sig:That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock...
Old Sep-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Germany

Back to the subject...
After the first videos got blocked by WMG they are now available with switched screens. That IIIIphaserIIII has put them all up, so you might be aible to watch the mirrored versions for a while...
YouTube Video

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic > Video

Share Thread

Tags
1st, 2006, 2011, album, albums, bass, Chad Smith, classic rock, debut, drums, events, Red Hot Chili Peppers, related, shy, solo, tickets, tour, track