g l e n n h u g h e s . c o m - Fan Forum

Go Back   Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Off Topic Post news & views on other music or unrelated topics such as sport etc, that you think fellow fans of Glenn might like.

Post New Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun-08-2010, 2:10 PM

zUKUSA

Thanked 5,848 Times in 2,719 Posts
Icon33 Tribute to Dio - Joe Lynn Turner with School of Rock

SCHOOL OF ROCK TO PRESENT
JOE LYNN TURNER
AS GUEST PROFESSOR/PERFORMER AT THREE LOCATIONS
IN NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY AND PENNSYLVANIA
JUNE 17-19

Students attending the SCHOOL OF ROCK programs in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania will have an opportunity to share a studio and stage with legendary rock singer/guitarist Joe Lynn Turner, when he serves as guest professor and performer with the All-Stars at three locations in June: Downington PA 6/17, Bergen County, NJ 6/18 and New York City 6/19. Included in the set list for the shows, the students and Turner will perform a tribute to his former Rainbow band mate who recently passed away, Ronnie James Dio.

Turner's career highlights in the heavy metal/rock world include performing and/or recording with Rainbow, Bob Daisley and Phil Soussan (Ozzy Osbourne), Brian Johnson (AC/DC), Yngwie Malmsteen and Deep Purple.

Turner excitedly agreed to take on the role of guest professor, saying:

Quote:
I wish there was a School of Rock when I was growing up... what a fantastic idea! I wanted to work with the students way before this but my touring schedule did not allow, so I am so excited to have this opportunity to rock out and share my experience. It will be a blast!!?

Tickets for the three shows are $5.00 for School of Rock members and $10.00 for general admission at the door.

Thursday June 17:
School of Rock
478 Acorn Lane
Downingtown, PA 19335
610-518-7625
Showtime: 7:00pm

Friday June 18:
School of Rock
31 Schrieffer Street
South Hackensack, NJ 07606
201 342 8314
Showtime: 7:00pm

Saturday June 19:
Crash Mansion
199 Bowery Street,
New York City, NY 10002
212-982-0740
Showtime: 5:00pm

About School of Rock:
School of Rock is the national leader in music education for kids. Our mission is to inspire kids to rock on stage and in life. Our proprietary performance-based curriculum teaches kids to play rock music in a unique and interactive way, which is changing the way kids learn to play music across America. Professional musicians teach students of all levels, developing both their music skills and confidence. School of Rock operates 58 schools in 23 states and has developed an aggressive growth strategy seeking franchise partners throughout the United States.

For more information about School of Rock, please visit www.SchoolofRock.com
Old Jun-14-2010, 5:03 PM

Netherlands

This is good news. A great project in my opinion. Also a tribute to the late great Ronnie James Dio, by another great singer Joe Lynn Turner. I have seen Joe recently a few times with Over The Rainbow and he was superb. A wise man to have as a music teacher
Old Jun-18-2010, 3:12 PM

Austria

Hmm, I wonder if any of the money they're grossing is going towards the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund - they're using DIO's name to promote the shows, aren't they?

chrisloeb's Sig:
MEDUSA

Old Jun-20-2010, 4:07 PM

Netherlands

I hope some money goes to the Stand up and shout fund. But also it is very good that young music students get the opportunity to get in touch with the hard rock roots: To learn about the legend Dio. When the teacher is also a very great singer (different than Dio, but great) then I hope it will be a great experience for them.

Navigate: Glenn Hughes Fan Forum > COMMUNICATE > Off Topic

Share Thread

Tags
2010, Joe Lynn Turner, School of Rock